"Fractals" as new class starting zone

Gabriel Bananas.5786

So with the release of Soto it made me think (and im not sure if this has already been discussed) but what if they just use the fractals as an instanced area to introduce new classes/elites.

For example Anet could and or could have used the fractals to introduce the revenant. Either A. Simple introduction where you learn the skills and stuff or B. Have it so that the player character "died" and was reborn as the revenant and allowed to return to the "mortal" world and you start off in whatever racial starting zone.

Just a thought I had, what do you all think.

4 hours ago, Gabriel Bananas.5786 said:

So with the release of Soto it made me think (and im not sure if this has already been discussed) but what if they just use the fractals as an instanced area to introduce new classes/elites.

For example Anet could and or could have used the fractals to introduce the revenant. Either A. Simple introduction where you learn the skills and stuff or B. Have it so that the player character "died" and was reborn as the revenant and allowed to return to the "mortal" world and you start off in whatever racial starting zone.

Revenants don't die though, they aren't reborn/undead individuals. For basically all cases of them, they were another profession and then became a Revenant.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Gabriel Bananas.5786 said:

An interesting idea and something ANet would use if they used the WoW process for new classes skipping old content, however, aside from elite specs' background lore being sourced from fractals, like the PoF/EoD NPCs being from them, I don't see it really happening.

Revenants, despite their name's etymological origin, never die or even necessarily enter the Mists btw. Nor is death and rebirth a requirement for learning new magic of any kind, let alone revenants'.

• Like 2

This is why (back when they were developing GW1) Anet called them professions instead of classes. It's something you learned to do, not something you inherently are, so introducing new professions doesn't need any more lore or justification than someone creating a new set of abilities and teaching your character to do it, or your character figuring it out for themselves and deciding to give it a name.

• Confused 1