Explain me the not existing optimization

dMn.5624

Its one of these threads YES.

I just cannot understand how bad this game can be opzimized.

Came back after 8 Years to play SOTO. And i cannot help myself that I have in the wizards tower or lions arch 20-40 FPS !

The AMD Driver tells 54 FPS in general. Im getting headache with these crap FPS and cant believe that Arena Net doesnt do anything about it. Even when i turn down EVERYTHING to low the FPS are the same 😄

Seems like that its persistant for years.

SYSTEM:

7900XTX - 5900 - WQHD - 3440X1440

So NO ITS NOT MY GPU OR CPU!

Edited by dMn.5624
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 2

2 hours ago, dMn.5624 said:

What does this even mean? It doesn't matter what hardware you have if you already made up your mind that everything is perfect despite having issues. Anet can't do anything about your system.

Edited by Chaba.5410
  • Like 1
  • Confused 4

If you turn everything to low and your fps are the same, then it IS your system.

The game runs poorly maxed out due to all the background computation which the engine originally wasn't made for (this is still a modified version of the GW1 engine from 2004, which I guess became pretty bloated under the hood over the years), but scales pretty significantly. Low vs. Max  is at least a 300% fps difference.

Disabling shadows and reflections and enabling the LOD checkbox (just these 3 settings) should double your fps in crowded areas.

Edited by KrHome.1920
  • Like 1

Stop defending ANet you fanboys

How does this have anything to do with Anet having control over your system configuration?  Are you expecting that you never have to tweak or optimize your own system configuration or even app settings to run an application, just throw newer and newer hardware at it?

Reminds me of these beautiful fast new Linux blades we had at my job to run our email load balancer proxy software.  That hardware was going nowhere fast if no one changed the number of open file handles allowed for the Linux kernel from default.

Edited by Chaba.5410
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

Of course its between the GW2 Software and my HW+Driver whatelse?

Im saying that the optimization ist kitten when you cant run the game with newest HW smoothly. (As I said this problem exists for years)

Stop defending ANet you fanboys

Im back to tweak every AMD setting in hope 😉 

No one here said that the game engine is good. It's trash. But thinking ANet would code a new engine for a 10 year old game that is in the last quarter of its life span is delusional. 

You haven't the newest hardware. As long as you have at least 6 cores GW2 scales only with IPC and a 13900K is 40% faster than your 5900 in terms of IPC. The 7900 XTX is irrelevant for the game.

Besides that if you are interested in a serious analysis of your fps situation, post a screenshot of your settings and your fps at a specific place (e.g. lions arch at prime time). I have almost the same hardware (5800X3D, 7900XTX, 32GiB DDR4 3200 RAM). As said your additional 4 cores are irrelevant for GW2.

On 9/9/2023 at 4:06 PM, Aldirel.3182 said:

I have 3090 rog strix 24gb, and 10900KF and having a stable 150+FPS, SO it looks like you're having some compatibility issues

In a normal situation, achieving such FPS is entirely possible, but not when you're at max settings in a massive meta-event swarming with a ton of players. In that case, neither a 4090 nor the most high-end overclocked CPU will help you battle against an outdated and poorly optimized engine.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

On 9/9/2023 at 2:54 PM, dMn.5624 said:

Its one of these threads YES.

I just cannot understand how bad this game can be opzimized.

Came back after 8 Years to play SOTO. And i cannot help myself that I have in the wizards tower or lions arch 20-40 FPS !

The AMD Driver tells 54 FPS in general. Im getting headache with these crap FPS and cant believe that Arena Net doesnt do anything about it. Even when i turn down EVERYTHING to low the FPS are the same 😄

Seems like that its persistant for years.

SYSTEM:

7900XTX - 5900 - WQHD - 3440X1440

it's your gpu and cpu, thay are to advanced for this game

i got 80-120 fps with shadow turned off on rtx 3070+amd radeon 7

Edited by Noah Salazar.5430
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

16 minutes ago, Antrix.4512 said:

In a normal situation, achieving such FPS is entirely possible, but not when you're at max settings in a massive meta-event swarming with a ton of players. In that case, neither a 4090 nor the most high-end overclocked CPU will help you battle against an outdated and poorly optimized engine.

What game engine and system doesn't hit a wall when trying to render 70 plus players with all their high end textures and particle effects and reflections and shadows and shaders at 1440p all at once?

Seen the same performance issue on that silly old Forgotten Realms MMO running on a PS4 during a world event when trying to handle the Massive Multiplayer part. Or on a newer MMO like New World...

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, Chaba.5410 said:

What game engine and system doesn't hit a wall when trying to render 70 plus players with all their high end textures and particle effects and reflections and shadows and shaders at 1440p all at once?

Seen the same performance issue on that silly old Forgotten Realms MMO running on a PS4 during a world event when trying to handle the Massive Multiplayer part. Or on a newer MMO like New World...

I'm just saying that there's no need to talk about a STABLE 150+ FPS. That's all.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, Antrix.4512 said:

I'm just saying that there's no need to talk about a STABLE 150+ FPS. That's all.

We kind of making the same point. My question was serious (and not only to you) because often when this kind of topic comes up, the claim is made that it only happens with this game. You pointed out that the increase in the number of models during certain events can affect performance and it reminded me that the same thing happens in other games with similar gaming patterns.

So I'm curious what games people who make this claim about it only being GW2 are comparing. If one is comparing like an arena game with a far lower number of player models, they are fooling themselves.

• Confused 3

On 9/10/2023 at 5:08 PM, Antrix.4512 said:

During meta events I have stable 60+ on maximum possible settings with 2k resolution🙂 But that's possible only on PC, my 1060 6gb old laptop never handled more then 80fps even in calm areas...during meta events fps was less then 25

• Haha 2

Every place of the game is fine with max settings, but the wizard tower and amnytas are destroying FPS. I can't wait for the Strike hub to be introduced and never set foot in those 2 maps again. I hope the next maps will be tested with performances in mind, cause there's no way no one saw this before release on anet side.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Colin.4568 said:

Every place of the game is fine with max settings, but the wizard tower and amnytas are destroying FPS. I can't wait for the Strike hub to be introduced and never set foot in those 2 maps again. I hope the next maps will be tested with performances in mind, cause there's no way no one saw this before release on anet side.

I'm happy i can even play Amnytas, but my computer is definitely struggling to even play this game. xD

• Haha 1