Zero bugfixes since the 30th, CM fractals still are bugged, entire event chains in SotO still bug

Kozumi.5816

5 hours ago, illuminati.8453 said:

Uh...yeah, no.

I think they are still on vacation (Labor day).  Ruby hasn't posted in nearly 2 weeks.  They have an update coming soon (next week) so we'll have fixes then.  

Rubi's on vaccation but I think the rest of the studio are still working (except for Labor Day obviously). She said on Twitter that when she mentioned after their party thing in Seattle that she had 2 weeks off some people clapped because she hadn't ever takes time off. I don't think she'd even have mentioned it if everyone was taking time off.

• Thanks 5

10 minutes ago, Danikat.8537 said:

Rubi's on vaccation but I think the rest of the studio are still working (except for Labor Day obviously). She said on Twitter that when she mentioned after their party thing in Seattle that she had 2 weeks off some people clapped because she hadn't ever takes time off. I don't think she'd even have mentioned it if everyone was taking time off.

I'll say it again, ANET can't have Rubi be the only person reporting bugs to the team. Sometimes it really feels like there'd be no bug fixes if it weren't for Rubi. Good on her for taking some needed vacation time, but no one should do this job alone.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 5

18 minutes ago, Smoky.5348 said:

I'll say it again, ANET can't have Rubi be the only person reporting bugs to the team. Sometimes it really feels like there'd be no bug fixes if it weren't for Rubi. Good on her for taking some needed vacation time, but no one should do this job alone.

I agree were is Rubis second in command they should really step up when the boss is away.

• Like 3
  • Confused 2

There is nothing unusual there, no company do hotfix after hotfix for an extended period of time, that's not the normal process for any development. 

Deployment are always risky operation, that's why it's always planified. 

Post launch support was there, they did 7-8 days of frequent deployment for bug fixes, but they had to return to normal process at same point.

Also, maybe some of the bugs required more work to be fixed, like the CM fractals one, so are unsuited for quick hotfix. 

Of course they are still bug remaining, which would probably be addressed on the 12 sep patch.

Also, bugged event chain in Soto? Weren't thoses fixed already ?

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4

23 minutes ago, Shuzuru.3651 said:

There is nothing unusual there, no company do hotfix after hotfix for an extended period of time, that's not the normal process for any development. 

Deployment are always risky operation, that's why it's always planified. 

Post launch support was there, they did 7-8 days of frequent deployment for bug fixes, but they had to return to normal process at same point.

Also, maybe some of the bugs required more work to be fixed, like the CM fractals one, so are unsuited for quick hotfix. 

Of course they are still bug remaining, which would probably be addressed on the 12 sep patch.

Also, bugged event chain in Soto? Weren't thoses fixed already ?

Game companies fix bugs all the time, and I can't think of another company that leaves as many bugs in their game for years as this one.

The event chains are still bugged, CMs being bugged for over 3 weeks is completely unacceptable and not tolerable.

As I said, WoW and FF14 have never, and never will, release an expac that bugs out their current high end dungeons(as close to CM's as you can get), and if they did, the player bases would not let them hear the end of it.

Edited by Kozumi.5816
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 5

46 minutes ago, Kozumi.5816 said:

Game companies fix bugs all the time, and I can't think of another company that leaves as many bugs in their game for years as this one.

The event chains are still bugged, CMs being bugged for over 3 weeks is completely unacceptable and not tolerable.

As I said, WoW and FF14 have never, and never will, release an expac that bugs out their current high end dungeons(as close to CM's as you can get), and if they did, the player bases would not let them hear the end of it.

Well, didn't check WoW, but ff14 seems to have his whole lot of bugs too (and honestly, that's normal considering the scale of those projects), and guess what? They don't hotfix every day too, dispite having probably way more workforce than Anet.

That's just how it works. 

Also, about high end content bugged, you have to consider priorities, in ff14, that's top 1 priority because that's literally your whole playerbase. In gw2, 5% maybe?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 5

I'd be willing to bet that if you go on any other MMOs forum and tell people they always fix bugs promptly and never leave any in the game for years they'd laugh at you or accuse you of lying, being stupid or never having played the game before.

I'm not saying other games are actually worse, but there always seem to be people who think their game is shockingly neglected and bugs are ignored, but there's people saying that about every MMO I know of.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 3

13 hours ago, Kozumi.5816 said:

Yes they have, especially WoW. Let's not disingenuous just to try and make a point. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, Linken.6345 said:

There is a patch coming the 12/9 they have not said it would be big tho.

yeah, that's why I did (fairly big?) instead of big, especially since Rubi mentioned it as specific date patches instead of hotfixes, so I like to think it'll be a "relatively big" patch compared to what we've been getting, especially if we're unlucky enough to get profession nerfs. 🫠I wish I could convey my tone better over text. I'm not meaning any of this hostilely. T_T

I do wish they had more people communicating what's going on to the playerbase. Rubi really deserves her vacation. It's unfortunate that that immediately put us in a communication vacuum so soon after releasing the expac. I hate that Anet/NCsoft goes communications blackout all the time, but it's the one consistent thing I've gotten out of both companies. 🙃

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

21 hours ago, Smoky.5348 said:

Bug reports in game go direct to the relevant teams I believe

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

15 hours ago, Randulf.7614 said:

Bug reports in game go direct to the relevant teams I believe

well, if the menu exists

most of the stuff I report I'm putting under an irrelevant menu because I can't find a more relevant one. I don't know if that means the menu doesn't match the teams, or some content has no team working on it...

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

This thread is absurd. Are you new here? Anet does not give a flying asura about you or anything you care about. They provide a very low cost game that they hope you enjoy enough to continue playing.  They owe you nothing. You owe them nothing. Act accordingly . . .

• Haha 1
  • Confused 3

On 9/10/2023 at 4:16 AM, Danikat.8537 said:

I'd be willing to bet that if you go on any other MMOs forum and tell people they always fix bugs promptly and never leave any in the game for years they'd laugh at you or accuse you of lying, being stupid or never having played the game before.

I'm not saying other games are actually worse, but there always seem to be people who think their game is shockingly neglected and bugs are ignored, but there's people saying that about every MMO I know of.

It's like how every profession subforum thinks they're the worst off. 

On 9/9/2023 at 7:54 PM, Kozumi.5816 said:

I remember people complaining about Stone Legion Generals, Fatescribe, and The Jailer quite a bit last expansion... And I remember still fighting bugs in the Fatescribe encounter during season 4. WoW absolutely leaves bugs in their "high end content." 

To the main topic, I imagine some fixes are coming in the patch tomorrow. Critical hotfixes had to be done first, such as story and event chain blockers. I doubt as many players as you think are farming CM fractals, so that was allowed to wait. Or, perhaps the fixes needed are more complicated and needed more time with the devs. We'll see tomorrow. I could be wrong.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

On 9/10/2023 at 6:44 AM, Smoky.5348 said:

This is maybe the silliest comment I've read on these forums. Ruby is NOT the only person reporting bugs to the team. But bugs get on a list, get rated (as with every game for order of priority) and added to a list. What goes into that rating are things like if it's progress halting for the main story. Progress halting for a specific optional achievement. Not progress halting at all. If there's a viable easy workaround for now. There's a lot of things that decide which bugs a company works on. It's also true that bugs take time to fix. There's a patch in two days and you can bet there will be a lot of bug fixes on it.  

The assumption that only Ruby is reporting bugs is based on what exactly?  

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Vayne.8563 said:

This is maybe the silliest comment I've read on these forums. Ruby is NOT the only person reporting bugs to the team. But bugs get on a list, get rated (as with every game for order of priority) and added to a list. What goes into that rating are things like if it's progress halting for the main story. Progress halting for a specific optional achievement. Not progress halting at all. If there's a viable easy workaround for now. There's a lot of things that decide which bugs a company works on. It's also true that bugs take time to fix. There's a patch in two days and you can bet there will be a lot of bug fixes on it.  

The assumption that only Ruby is reporting bugs is based on what exactly?  

Aint the patch in like 12 hours?