My full game has gone down to 5 gig, what gives?

• Hybarf Tics.2048 changed the title to My full game has gone down to 5 gig, what gives?

Was the entire gw2.dat gone? Cant say I've ever heard of anything like that. The only thing that would come to mind is some sort of antivirus app reaction and the file being deleted/quarantined, but since it's not exactly an exe that would be very odd. Just plain file corruption seem unlikely. But if you have an older SSD (like 5+ years) of mediocre quality you might want to do a health check... When they die they usually just go plop dead though.

Sidenote: and also if the .dat file was still there but small you might want to delete it and redownload the whole thing because you most likely have garbage in it anyway.

Edited by Dawdler.8521

8 minutes ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

No.

What's your game's install location?

Windows 11 was installed 2 weeks ago, guild wars 2 was fully installed over 67,000 files. I played this morning with the full install and this afternoon my game folder was down to 5 gig and the game re installed without having done anything with the PC. It was installed on D drive instead of C.

19 minutes ago, Hybarf Tics.2048 said:

It was installed on D drive instead of C.

This is odd then indeed.

I have no experience with Windows 11, but I have read several threads on this forum of Windows 11 users complaining about issues with GW2. Perhaps you can find help in the Account & Technical Support section of the forums.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 2