Bring Back EoTM

Floz.8904

Hello there,

With the recent announcement around a shifted focus on server restructuring vs alliances, i'd like to make a suggestion that could perhaps help the health of WvW.

Currently, the main issue with the betas is large queue times and issues with server assignation. Ultimately, server assignation will be fixed but queue times will be a persistent problem without major server architecture overhaul.

If the dev team were able to put more time into bringing EoTM up to speed with the rest of WvW in 2023, i think you could really increase the health of the gamemode.

- you already have the map and the systems in place - dev time is reduced,

- you just need to give it mounts, gliding and possibly reduce the size of the overall map to saturate it with more content,

- re-introduce ticks/rewards in EoTM,

- implement an incentive either to the guilds that fight on EoTM or some sort of ticket/memory of battle reward,

- lock it down when there aren't sufficient queues to have it functioning (move the GvG arena to a separate instance or OS).

This would allow you to cut some of the lower pop servers entirely and possibly even eliminate an entire tier from the tier structure (some servers are absolutely dead which i'm sure you have stats on). It also mitigates queue time issues and provides "fresh" content for WvWers to engage upon and perhaps even bring back some old school nostalgia gaming. You could even use an EoTM relaunch as a mini-xpac and get all the people excited for Camelot, New World and T&L (sorry ncsoft) to come over to GW2.

WvW is phenomenal. With a bit of effort it will dominate the space.

Muchos love!

• Like 5
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, kash.9213 said:

I would rather have some kind of WvW rifts pop up in the open world for opt in open world pvp to handle queue overflow. EotM was a trashy map to try and have large fights on and it was always one long race to keep up with the train.

lol, since we have discussed this a number of times I will more share a joke versus defend the map. Missed the previous queue reset since I had the bad luck of my mouse was hovered over the extract spot where you could say enter map and then over the cancel of the next UI. So I hit it three times before realizing what was wrong so I ended up in queue. Since I like the map I took the time to visit EotM and found some quick fights. While out of combat it took me a view minutes to realize I keep instinctively hitting the mount key and each time made me question did I hit the right key? Was just glad when joking about in map others also keep questioning themselves what was their brain playing tricks on them about. Warclaw is slow to anyone with one, but spend some time in the Edge and you can re-appreciate pretty quick. Forrest Gump keep running thru my head while I was waiting for the queue pop. Was grateful when someone pulled me into a group that I was already running to attack, saved me some travel time time.

2 minutes ago, TheGrimm.5624 said:

lol, since we have discussed this a number of times I will more share a joke versus defend the map. Missed the previous queue reset since I had the bad luck of my mouse was hovered over the extract spot where you could say enter map and then over the cancel of the next UI. So I hit it three times before realizing what was wrong so I ended up in queue. Since I like the map I took the time to visit EotM and found some quick fights. While out of combat it took me a view minutes to realize I keep instinctively hitting the mount key and each time made me question did I hit the right key? Was just glad when joking about in map others also keep questioning themselves what was their brain playing tricks on them about. Warclaw is slow to anyone with one, but spend some time in the Edge and you can re-appreciate pretty quick. Forrest Gump keep running thru my head while I was waiting for the queue pop. Was grateful when someone pulled me into a group that I was already running to attack, saved me some travel time time.

The maps condition our muscle memory more thoroughly than we notice. I instinctively run and turn and mount a certain way with greasy fast speed, but because I want to grab my nodes and scramble out to keep up with everything instead of for any tactical reason. 

I don't know if I would want mounts in EotM unless we got a mount that turns more fluidly.

2 minutes ago, kash.9213 said:

The maps condition our muscle memory more thoroughly than we notice. I instinctively run and turn and mount a certain way with greasy fast speed, but because I want to grab my nodes and scramble out to keep up with everything instead of for any tactical reason. 

I don't know if I would want mounts in EotM unless we got a mount that turns more fluidly.

I could see your point there, but it would make my guildmates stand and ROLF each time one of us would mount and then jump off the map. The part that made me laugh as they made the mistake to pull an angry Choppa Charr to them and I downed some before they got me was when went back out and got a good 12 to chase me. Ran around a corner and then watched as they died in a sequence to a leggo defender that stood behind the wall I lead them to. No points to me but the entertainment value, priceless. 

On 9/15/2023 at 7:55 PM, Venport.3925 said:

I don't think gliding should really be added to EOTM without territorty zones being added as well, because part of what makes it more interesting is the threat of just being knocked into the void, but mounts and speed boosts for sure are vital

Yeah for sure. Zones are fundamental to gliding. Would be cool to see Bali skill 4 end gliding too. Just watching a zerg get cracked by 3 balis would be great content.