Jump to content
  • Sign Up

D/D deadeye but can't do SOTO?


InvaGir.9158

Recommended Posts

Hello,

So I'm maining thief for years now and never had any trouble playing any content whether I'm alone or not

but with the recent expansion I can't seem to keep myself from not dying and do "some" story missions because the kryptis just love showering me with conditions and I can't shake them all off

they eat up my HP pool so fast and get me down constantly so soloing this bringing my blood to a boil and simply not fun

I don't want to ask randoms in the world to help me in a private instances, I shouldn't be dependent on strangers if the game is making a private instance and expecting you to do it alone first

It can't be only me and I was wondering if I should just give up on thief or maybe I'm doing something wrong?

Anyone got an advice?

Thanks in advanced🙂

  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/topic/137161-new-blink-build-for-deadeye-staffrifle-and-overall-needed-changes-and-bug-fixes/#comment-1986820

You can use this New ''Blink'' Build of mine for Deadeye. I managed to pull something off, and mostly save myself from not playing Deadeye anymore, since they destroyed Deadeye's damage on [Rifle] and 7 Malice [Maleficent Seven] Trait (I played The Rifle Deadeye since my first glance on this game) . There are other stuff mentioned there (Besides Build) but they are strictly meant for the ArenaNet's Thief company (Damage buff requirement, Bugs and Errors that must be fixed, things to bring back to an older version of Deadeye, some personal wishes etc.).

I hope it helps, I explored everything and I've done all of the stories so far for the [Secrets of the Obscure] Expansion. With this build obviously XD.

Edited by Akym.6387
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, eutha six.5647 said:

Lord Hizen just put up a Daredevil build on youtube- he points out that it is the strongest medium armor class atm-and easy to play-I tried it and agree- you dont die and dps is great-

You misread. He said DE is the strongest, and Daredevil is too weak to even warrant a build.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Dagger/Dagger deadeye is very strong when built a certain way.  Check out the video:  15 minute mark is deadeye   

That build can solo anything in the game including legendary bosses.  If you don’t have celestial gear just use whatever condition damage gear you have for the time being.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Kanto.1659 said:

You misread. He said DE is the strongest, and Daredevil is too weak to even warrant a build.

To be fair, the deadeye build looks like a daredevil build when performing the rotation, since it death blossoms almost constantly thanks to M7.

It's possible that daredevil might actually work better for story instances - Hizen's builds are calibrated for soloing champions and legendaries, and you might not be able to trigger M7 so reliably against weaker but more numerous opposition. Daredevil also has a trait that heals and removes conditions when you evade an attack (up to once a second).

Personally, I went in with specter, so half the damage I was receiving went into shroud and I could outheal the rest.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Deadeye just outclasses daredevil in every possible way playing solo.  Provides lots of boons for damage and survival, provides massive initiative regen, synergizes very well with shadow arts which is the best source of healing, Condi cleanse etc.  

 

Daredevil needs an update to bring it up to par with other specs like vindicator which basically copy it’s dodge based style but provide much more damage, boons, etc. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Stx.4857 said:

Deadeye just outclasses daredevil in every possible way playing solo.  Provides lots of boons for damage and survival, provides massive initiative regen, synergizes very well with shadow arts which is the best source of healing, Condi cleanse etc.  

 

Daredevil needs an update to bring it up to par with other specs like vindicator which basically copy it’s dodge based style but provide much more damage, boons, etc. 

Does deadeye provide massive initiative regen and boons when fighting trash mobs that die before M7 can trigger?

There are ways to build deadeye for that sort of situation, to be sure, but I'm not convinced they'd necessarily outperform daredevil.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, draxynnic.3719 said:

Does deadeye provide massive initiative regen and boons when fighting trash mobs that die before M7 can trigger?

There are ways to build deadeye for that sort of situation, to be sure, but I'm not convinced they'd necessarily outperform daredevil.

1) You’re right in those cases a non M7 power build would most likely be optimal.  
2) If you’re fighting things that die before M7 triggers then your build most likely doesn’t matter anyway.  It takes three skills to trigger it unless you have like zero crit. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, Stx.4857 said:

Dagger/Dagger deadeye is very strong when built a certain way.  Check out the video:  15 minute mark is deadeye   

That build can solo anything in the game including legendary bosses.  If you don’t have celestial gear just use whatever condition damage gear you have for the time being.  

Using this one yesterday very strong.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/19/2023 at 2:03 AM, Stx.4857 said:

1) You’re right in those cases a non M7 power build would most likely be optimal.  
2) If you’re fighting things that die before M7 triggers then your build most likely doesn’t matter anyway.  It takes three skills to trigger it unless you have like zero crit. 

Depends on how many of them there are, and how experienced the player is. If someone is having trouble getting through SotO story instances, I think it's fair to consider that having a build that gives them good tools to survive in that environment does matter.

A power DE build with the middle range of traits would probably work well, if you can keep focus on the marked target. Some Kryptis variants enjoy running around like chooks with their heads chopped off, though, so that might be harder to pull off in practice. A daredevil build with Escapist's Fortitude, though, can just dodge around hitting anything indiscriminately rather than worrying about focusing on specific targets.

Probably worth taking the deadeye for the boss fights, though, and for the champion on the second floor of the southern tower instance.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

You could try a couple of condition cleansing sigils: Superior Sigil of Generosity / Superior Sigil of Purity / Superior Sigil of Cleansing (depending how many you have to deal with). Remember to check the tooltip on each sigil so you know how they activate (different activation types).

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Ă—
Ă—
  • Create New...