Carry bonus even for a loss

Deadmoose.6594

What if you were carrying a team and you still lost? Clearly the game only wants you to win half of your matches, but sometimes you are the carry on your team and you strive to win but fall short. -12 points or more to your rating. What if you had more of a points boost for overwhelmingly good top stats? It would reflect your true value as a player and not just blanket you in with the scrubs you were paired with. Just a thought, definitely won't be implemented because Anet doesn't listen or change anything based on what we say here.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Ranked rating is kitten and has zero indication on a players skill.    If you want the title you have to pay the cartel and their five alts.   Just move on, have fun if you actually enjoy it.   90% of the top 250 duo and paid their way there and manipulated matches.   Tbh, that’s not worth your time.   

• Thanks 4
  • Confused 1

OP is fun to watch, he goes through all the different phases and presents the same ideas as your average PvP-er did back in 2016. Moosymoose, the topstats do not reflect accurately enough who contributed most. Kiting a 2v1 the entire game gives 0 topstats for example. While facerolling into an enemy bunker on mid being unable to decap even once the entire game can easily get you around 4.
So here is how you can get over those nasty -12 rating hits: don't lose.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 9/17/2023 at 9:49 AM, dead.7638 said:

Ranked rating is kitten and has zero indication on a players skill.    If you want the title you have to pay the cartel and their five alts.   Just move on, have fun if you actually enjoy it.   90% of the top 250 duo and paid their way there and manipulated matches.   Tbh, that’s not worth your time.   

Nah the rating does matter though - the low population definitely hurts it. Speaking only of people who earned their rating with out nonsense - you feel the difference in an earned title vs a bought title. Its super obvious. If you good enough you can push through the gate keeping whether the cartel likes it or not. Great feeling. 

9 hours ago, Dickinson.7368 said:

I really wonder how many on T100 would be able to keep not their leaderboard position, but even stay on plat if duo-Q is removed.
If a-net ever wake up and remove it, i bet 1k gold that far less than 20/100 will remain on their current rating.

Not sure what happens past midnight but during prime time duo queue isn't the rule. It happens, but I don't think it's as predominant as you make it.

current rankings in game feels like a troll number just to enrage yourself. 

I had yesterday in 4 rankeds the same terrible support that went here and there afk. My rating plummeted thanks to him even though I tried everything humanly possible to carry him. Its insane how climbing is basically a coinflip if your team has trolls on it or no.

On 9/19/2023 at 9:13 PM, Dickinson.7368 said:

I really wonder how many on T100 would be able to keep not their leaderboard position, but even stay on plat if duo-Q is removed.
If a-net ever wake up and remove it, i bet 1k gold that far less than 20/100 will remain on their current rating.

If duo q was removed plat players would almost cease to exist.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1