Rework of fractals in future expansion

5 hours ago, Nephalem.8921 said:

That depends on specs played. If you have multiple weavers for example you would have a terrible time but with reapers or just scourge stack it would not really matter. Scourge does 35k dps or something without boons currently. It is busted.

It is very possible to do normal t4s in 30min without boon supports. Either if you play self buffing specs or spec broken stuff. A lot of builds would feel horrible to play. Weaver does not even have self fury on its meta build. Builds are not equal in that area.

if you tailor a team specifically for clearing T4 without proper boon uptime it will probably succeed, because fractals were created with lower dps in mind but it will definitely take much longer and gonna feel horrible nonetheless. and i am sure they would still face walls/wipes on some fractals if they had no boonheal, just 5xdps (mostly on fractals with harder bosses).   also i am very doubtful of that 35k selfboon scourge

point stands, quickness/might/fury/alac are huge buff to dps, depending on spec it can easily be ~2-2.5x your solo dps so saying that clear time without boons would be nearly the same is, well... "silly"

6 hours ago, Nephalem.8921 said:

And tbh most alac supports are so bad that they barely break even compared to a 1 quick 4dps comp. Alac is only a ~14-15% dps increase. So your alac doing 9k dps on enso or siax is costing you dps and time compared to a 4th dps.

if your argument is that "alac-dps can be so bad that it might be better to replace him with 4th dps", than i can say that "your dps's can be so bad you wouldnt ever complete some fractals with 5xdps team, let alone doing it in reasonable time"

gw2 is the worst game you could pick for saying that party buffs are not that significant.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Nimris.3781 said:

if you tailor a team specifically for clearing T4 without proper boon uptime it will probably succeed, because fractals were created with lower dps in mind but it will definitely take much longer and gonna feel horrible nonetheless. and i am sure they would still face walls/wipes on some fractals if they had no boonheal, just 5xdps (mostly on fractals with harder bosses).   also i am very doubtful of that 35k selfboon scourge

point stands, quickness/might/fury/alac are huge buff to dps, depending on spec it can easily be ~2-2.5x your solo dps so saying that clear time without boons would be nearly the same is, well... "silly"

Scourges and reaper buff might. Not having alac and quick is "just" 50%. Scourge is that busted. full trailblazer with pc is still 28k or something. reaper buffs itself with might, quick and fury.

7 hours ago, Nimris.3781 said:

if your argument is that "alac-dps can be so bad that it might be better to replace him with 4th dps", than i can say that "your dps's can be so bad you wouldnt ever complete some fractals with 5xdps team, let alone doing it in reasonable time"

gw2 is the worst game you could pick for saying that party buffs are not that significant.

The difference is that most dps in my cm groups are ok'ish while a lot of alacs think that dps does not matter as long as they give alac. most support players play support because they are bad at rotations.

How many of your alacs are doing 60% of a good dps? that is the breakeven point. in cms its quite close for most and these trolls are even playing specter on mama, arkk siax where they usually struggle to reach 40% of a dps or race the healer.

• Confused 2

11 hours ago, Nephalem.8921 said:

Scourges and reaper buff might. Not having alac and quick is "just" 50%. Scourge is that busted. full trailblazer with pc is still 28k or something. reaper buffs itself with might, quick and fury.

I can't believe I have to explain boon importance on gw forums... every dps has access to a bit of might/fury (sometimes for party as well) or even a bit of self quick and yet they still hit about 20k-ish dps.

trailblazer 28k? more like 18k? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPoxL4pMMX0

get back to reality, your numbers are inflated by solid 10k. there is no spec doing 35k dps selfbuff

11 hours ago, Nephalem.8921 said:

The difference is that most dps in my cm groups are ok'ish while a lot of alacs think that dps does not matter as long as they give alac. most support players play support because they are bad at rotations.

How many of your alacs are doing 60% of a good dps? that is the breakeven point. in cms its quite close for most and these trolls are even playing specter on mama, arkk siax where they usually struggle to reach 40% of a dps or race the healer.

in cms players that play support roles do it often because its easier to find group compared to dps, or sometimes they enjoy it. definitely not because of rotation as alac/quick has much more work to do overall (mechanics etc.) and they still have to do dmg in the meantime.

also why are you bringing in bad players argument? do you lack any other valuable arguments that you have to resort to this? i have seen dps players being under alac (without dying), should i play 2alac-3quick team following your logic?

if you join low xp group or accept anyone thats on you, but it doesnt change the fact that quick/alac support is huge dps buff for entire party

Edited by Nimris.3781
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Nimris.3781 said:

I can't believe I have to explain boon importance on gw forums... every dps has access to a bit of might/fury (sometimes for party as well) or even a bit of self quick and yet they still hit about 20k-ish dps.

trailblazer 28k? more like 18k? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPoxL4pMMX0

get back to reality, your numbers are inflated by solid 10k. there is no spec doing 35k dps selfbuff

in cms players that play support roles do it often because its easier to find group compared to dps, or sometimes they enjoy it. definitely not because of rotation as alac/quick has much more work to do overall (mechanics etc.) and they still have to do dmg in the meantime.

also why are you bringing in bad players argument? do you lack any other valuable arguments that you have to resort to this? i have seen dps players being under alac (without dying), should i play 2alac-3quick team following your logic?

if you join low xp group or accept anyone thats on you, but it doesnt change the fact that quick/alac support is huge dps buff for entire party

https://dps.report/eEzh-20230925-194202_golem Ok i can only do 32.5k but this is basically the raid build without any solo optimisation.

Of course Lord Hizen's builds don't do dps. Those are tank builds. He does not even take Soul Barbs on scourge. His utilities are not dps either. I did this without optimising my gear. Only equipped 1 strength sigil.

You keep calling alac huge party buff and i repeated alread multiple times that it is not that big. Especially not in normal t4s. 

Today i did 30k ufe fractals and the alac was racing the healer on most bosses. How much ufe do i have to ask for to get a decent one? 50k? 80k? At what point is it experienced. Even finding a healerless group is almost impossible since soto.

3 hours ago, Nephalem.8921 said:

https://dps.report/eEzh-20230925-194202_golem Ok i can only do 32.5k but this is basically the raid build without any solo optimisation.

Of course Lord Hizen's builds don't do dps. Those are tank builds. He does not even take Soul Barbs on scourge. His utilities are not dps either. I did this without optimising my gear. Only equipped 1 strength sigil.

You keep calling alac huge party buff and i repeated alread multiple times that it is not that big. Especially not in normal t4s. 

Today i did 30k ufe fractals and the alac was racing the healer on most bosses. How much ufe do i have to ask for to get a decent one? 50k? 80k? At what point is it experienced. Even finding a healerless group is almost impossible since soto.

And that build will most likely be brought down in less then a day mate so enjoy while it lasts.

Just now, Linken.6345 said:

And that build will most likely be brought down in less then a day mate so enjoy while it lasts.

Dont underestimate the devs. It was already at 41k before soto and would still be broken af if brought down to 42k on golem. It needs to lose ~12k dps and i dont think devs want to nerf it that hard. People like braindead scourges and virtus.

17 hours ago, Nephalem.8921 said:

Of course Lord Hizen's builds don't do dps. Those are tank builds. He does not even take Soul Barbs on scourge. His utilities are not dps either.

thats closes you can find on youtube to no boon dps test, probably because there is no point in it - boons are too strong for group play.

18 hours ago, Nephalem.8921 said:

Only equipped 1 strength sigil.

thats some major change, ~10 stacks of might is quite a lot in this situation. like i said, you can tailor perfect setup for 5xdps setup, but it doesnt change the fact that compared to regular team with all boons covered its wast of time and stupid idea in general.

also as pointed out by other person, you can enjoy it for a few more hours until it gets nerfed.

because it is, on many specs lack of alac delays entire rotation, especially on power classes and alac also affects boon uptime ( which will further drop dps)

you might not need it for T1 or T2 but for cm/T4 its different story.

not sure what to tell you, as thats completly unrelated to topic. tell him he is doing poorly? block and change his name to "frac's terrible dps" so you can avoid him? i have had scourges on 97/98 doing less than alac and its the same case, point it out, ignore this or just block, choice is yours.

pugs are oriented at completing daily in reasonable time, if you want proper setup for every boss ( like no heal all power for 97/98 and no heal all condi for 99/100) than find static.

Since we are going have more new Fractals with new expansions and also more new CMs too, I suggest that you rework the CMs of the fractals Nightmare and Shattered Observatory so we could direclty jump into the final boss just like the others two fractals (Sunqa Peak and Slient surf). 

Also I think you should delete the fractals from the season 1 (Aetherblade, Captain Mai Trin BossMolten Boss and Underground Facility) cause now they are in game and no need to keep them in Fractals. 

• Confused 1

On 9/22/2023 at 12:42 AM, TexZero.7910 said:

Okay....

Humor me and the various other out there with several kitted out fractal characters with over 150AR on each (or more in some cases)...
How do you propose we are reimbursed for our agony investment and please don't say turn them into consumables for an account wide progress. If you attempt to go down that route i'll easily have over 2k global agony resist which would neccisistate that ANet places a hard cap on global AR scaling, changes the % values of AR conversion on potions as well as also changes how much AR is needed per Tier due to giga busted account AR inflation.

This is interesting so you do not have single legendary item? Since crafting legendary gear kind of remove need for multiple agony resist infusions. Did ppl got reimbursed for that when leggy items were added to game? Of course not.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

1 minute ago, TheNurgle.4825 said:

This is interesting so you do not have single legendary item? Since crafting legendary gear kind of remove need for multiple agony resist infusions. Did ppl got reimbursed for that when leggy items were added to game? Of course not.

Well even with legendary you need 18 per character.

And if you care about stats you need up to 54 per character. (condi, power and support ones)

14 hours ago, TheNurgle.4825 said:

I have full legendary gear, not sure how in the heck you came to the conclusion i didn't.

Just because i have full legendary does not change that i have it across again multiple characters (the agony doesn't just magically appear) and even then have multiple statted infusions. It was however a nice attempt to undercut the argument without addressing the very dumb and glaring flaws presented though.

It's amazing how you continually cycle back to this absurd notion of "you shouldn't be compensated" when Anet has already showcased every time with large systems changes that player investment matters and they will compensate you for your time energy and effort put into things. So again...your really absurd position of "do nothing" runs completely aground even by Anet's standards.

But hey it's fairly clear that not only do you not play fractals you still don't have a leg to stand on here. So please do us all a favor and stop posting in a thread you have no knowledge about.

On 9/28/2023 at 10:43 AM, TheNurgle.4825 said:

+9 +5 combined infusions exist and they are generally not used between different builds on the same character, let alone on multiple characters. Anet compensated people who had multiple pieces of the same Legendary item when the armory came out. Kitting out a single character with combined infusions is well above 700 gold in value, more than a single piece of Legendary armor, rune or sigil. So, yes, it's expensive to just throw out the system for account-wide AR with no compensation to those who have combined infusions.