Is Vindi still a thing? (pve, etc.)

Joxer.6024

Just what the title asks, is it? Having never given it a go i am now running around with Hizen's OW build but as far as instanced stuffs, they looking a tad low on Wingman logs.

Any particular reason? I mean the condi "feels" strong enough but is it, for raids. And did power just get hosed that bad? I mean GS is fun as but also dont want to be laughed at and out of a raid.....had that crap with Necro for too long...lol.

Anyways, just curious, and who knows, may ALL change tomorrow!!  😉

The reason it is not popular is that it does way less than 40k dmg. There are 30 build atm that can do more than 40k dmg, so why go for something that do way less? And here I am talking about the power variant (btw before it was strong because people were using the dodge bug to boost dmg considerably, but now that is gone). 
So, even if you do the rotation perfectly on a power vindi, you'll probably do around the same as a power soulbeast,  weaver,  cata, reaper or even herald played moderately well, some of which are almost the same difficulty to learn and perform. 
As for condi vindi... that sucks. Had a look at that build out of curiosity and it is pretty stupid imho. It has a lot of survivability, but why would you need that when you can actually just kill the mobs way quicker? I've been running with quick revenant from SC Power Quickness Herald Build | Guild Wars 2 | Snow Crows on every map and it worked wonders. You will also achieve the same thing with the power vindi from there too Power Vindicator Build | Guild Wars 2 | Snow Crows, if you want to play vindi. Moreover, in instanced content you don't need to provide yourself boons and heals via special means. Your role is pure dps, not some hybrid dps heal something.
The end result would be you dealing a bit more than the healer, which is worse than actually playing power vindi and dealing half of what the other dps will do.

Hope that is helpful to you!

Edited by xCristo.2063
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, xCristo.2063 said:

VERY!! Cheers for that! And yea, things do tend to take a fair bit to die, I mean i dont die, but reckon I wouldnt anyways.  😉

Sadly was looking for another bursty power build other than SB or Bladesworn and was told Vindi was the ticket...time to re think I it perhaps.

Edited by Joxer.6024

53 minutes ago, Joxer.6024 said:

VERY!! Cheers for that! And yea, things do tend to take a fair bit to die, I mean i dont die, but reckon I wouldnt anyways.  😉

Sadly was looking for another bursty power build other than SB or Bladesworn and was told Vindi was the ticket...time to re think I it perhaps.

Wait until after nerfs in about 6 hours... whole PvE balance is about to change later today and Anet didnt give us a preview.

1 hour ago, Joxer.6024 said:

You can also try pSpellbreaker or pHolo. Doubt they will be nerfed since they are quite balanced in this meta.

44 minutes ago, Tammuz.7361 said:

Wait until after nerfs in about 6 hours... whole PvE balance is about to change later today and Anet didnt give us a preview.

But yeah, I'd also wait for the balance to drop first, but I have a feeling they will mostly nerf condi builds and power builds that exceed 42k or nerf everything at once, so in theory power reaper should also be pretty safe, but that's only my opinion. No idea what they have in mind since they tend to be quite unpredictable at times. If by any chance they reduce dmg for all power and condi builds to before soto standards, then pVindi will become viable again.

3 hours ago, xCristo.2063 said:

The reason it is not popular is that it does way less than 40k dmg. There are 30 build atm that can do more than 40k dmg, so why go for something that do way less? And here I am talking about the power variant (btw before it was strong because people were using the dodge bug to boost dmg considerably, but now that is gone). 
So, even if you do the rotation perfectly on a power vindi, you'll probably do around the same as a power soulbeast,  weaver,  cata, reaper or even herald played moderately well, some of which are almost the same difficulty to learn and perform. 
As for condi vindi... that sucks. Had a look at that build out of curiosity and it is pretty stupid imho. It has a lot of survivability, but why would you need that when you can actually just kill the mobs way quicker? I've been running with quick revenant from SC Power Quickness Herald Build | Guild Wars 2 | Snow Crows on every map and it worked wonders. You will also achieve the same thing with the power vindi from there too Power Vindicator Build | Guild Wars 2 | Snow Crows, if you want to play vindi. Moreover, in instanced content you don't need to provide yourself boons and heals via special means. Your role is pure dps, not some hybrid dps heal something.
The end result would be you dealing a bit more than the healer, which is worse than actually playing power vindi and dealing half of what the other dps will do.

Its funny how some people on reddit exist who would call cvirt, fully ranged dps, benching 43k, a "bottom tier" dps spec, some having the audacity to even ask for further buffs for it(and thats just tip of the iceberg compared to a current outliners like scourge from balance perspective), meanwhile here we are with current vindicator, sub 40k spec, fully melee, almost abandoned in pve since seeing anyone playing vindicator in instanced content is pretty rare, and on top if devs arent carefull it might get even an "accidental"nerf today if anet decided to nerfs gs for sins of herald..

Edited by soul.9651
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

6 hours ago, soul.9651 said:

Its funny how some people on reddit exist who would call cvirt, fully ranged dps, benching 43k, a "bottom tier" dps spec, some having the audacity to even ask for further buffs for it(and thats just tip of the iceberg compared to a current outliners like scourge from balance perspective), meanwhile here we are with current vindicator, sub 40k spec, fully melee, almost abandoned in pve since seeing anyone playing vindicator in instanced content is pretty rare, and on top if devs arent carefull it might get even an "accidental"nerf today if anet decided to nerfs gs for sins of herald..

Accidental? That would imply that the changes to GS today weren't intentional. And their attempt to make up for it still results in reduced DPS for the vindicator, and still no boon support for st. viktor. So really, what the absolute kitten is ANet doing now? The only thing Vindi has is DPS and they keep making it worse.

To the OP, not really. The class was sub 40k DPS already before todays balance patch, and after it was made even worse. Won't know the full extent of the damage until the sweaty tryhards post their numbers up on snowcrows but I am sure Vindi's lost another 2.5k to 4k DPS

Edited by Ravenwulfe.5360
  • Like 1
  • Confused 3

2 hours ago, Ravenwulfe.5360 said:

Accidental? That would imply that the changes to GS today weren't intentional. And their attempt to make up for it still results in reduced DPS for the vindicator, and still no boon support for st. viktor. So really, what the absolute kitten is ANet doing now? The only thing Vindi has is DPS and they keep making it worse.

To the OP, not really. The class was sub 40k DPS already before todays balance patch, and after it was made even worse. Won't know the full extent of the damage until the sweaty tryhards post their numbers up on snowcrows but I am sure Vindi's lost another 2.5k to 4k DPS

I posted it before any patch notes as speculation. Turns out they indeed nerfed gs, but we got rly good compensation for vindi and honestly currently vindi seems pretty good, it ended up in increased dps, check sc discord

Edited by soul.9651
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

xCristo explained it well.

At instanced content, for hardcore players trying to either push speed runs or just delete content as fast as possible and cash in, the choice for dps dealers would always be either a) the spec with the best dps in game or b) the spec with the highest dps which which is easier to play. In that regard, Vindi can't place himself high due albeit relatively easy to play, has a relatively low dps compared to the competition and is pure mele.

At instanced content, for less demanding groups, the star will always be offensive support builds, since they already provide very high value though boon sharing and decent dps. And in that regard, qHerald overshadows any other Revenant spec, since has lots of boons (including quickness, the most powerful one), lots of cc, plenty of utility and good raw damage.

So Vindi is not the ideal choice (which is well different from "not being good enough") for speedruns and lacks value in the offensive support role.

Now, in Open Worl PvE, things are way different:

For not demanding content, as most of Hero Points, most of Champions, most of events, some mild bounties, etc...  Power Vindi is great since can one-two shoot most of foes, has good AoE, good mobility and can delete enemies faster than Herald or Renegade (both power and condi). I recently completed all the quest and achievements for Aurora playing solo 98% of the time, using cele Renegade 95% of the time and yet for some hearts I swaped to power Vindi due how fast deleted foes completing hearts.

...But then, when a harder fight emerged, or when you have to do bounties for some reason, celestial builds are better. Soloing Siegemester Immelhoof with cele Renegade was easy and fast due with Jalis you ignore cc, you have over 3k armor and 24k HP, insane regen and you do damage at any range. I had problems soloing the Shark Champ in Lyssa temple at Siren's Landing with a power Vindi due the cosntant AoE damage, whereas with cele Renegade or Mirage was easy and with cele Vindi was a joke.

So is Vindi a thing in PvE? Well, depends: power Vindi is good at instanced content but far from being a favourite, so scores low (still better than pHerald, tho). qHerald beats both in popularity due the value that provides to a group. Non instanced content? Well, I think that power Vindi is slighly better than pHerald but is matter of tastes; for most of content if you're playing solo work well. But the hybrid builds with cele stats are WAY stronger. Cele Vindi has arguably low dps, but can tank and kill almost every bounty/leg bounty in the cap time and survive any OW boss which doesn't require more people for specific mechanics.  

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, soul.9651 said:

I posted it before any patch notes as speculation. Turns out they indeed nerfed gs, but we got rly good compensation for vindi and honestly currently vindi seems pretty good, it ended up in increased dps, check sc discord

Yea, I am curious what they are using then because my tests show a loss when I was messing around.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2