Sept 26 rev nerf

Mike.7983

Revenant

• Mist Swing: Reduced power coefficient from 1.0 to 0.7 in PvE only.
  • Mist Slash: Reduced power coefficient from 1.1 to 0.8 in PvE only.
  • Arcing Mists: Reduced power coefficient from 1.3 to 1.2 in PvE only.
  • Mists Unleashed: Reduced power coefficient from 2.0 to 1.6 in PvE only.
  • Bloodbane Path: Reduced bleeding duration from 8 seconds to 6 seconds in PvE only.
  • Sevenshot: Reduced torment duration from 6 seconds to 4 seconds in PvE only.
  • Elemental Blast: Reduced burning from 3 stacks for 5 seconds to 2 stacks for 4 seconds in PvE only.
  • Leviathan Strength: Increased damage bonus from 10% to 15% in PvE only.
  • Forerunner of Death: Increased damage bonus from 15% to 25% in PvE only.
  • RIP Revenant greatsword for all heralds now.  GG anet you killed the class again.
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 5

I am trying to understand these changes. Vindi... well kind of skated by kind of despite a lot of these damage number drops are still nerfs to poor vindi who has nothing but damage going for them (seriously ANET WTF?). I expected tweaks, not essentially a pimp slap across the face for daring to do something. Good to know they just expect heralds to be walking stat sticks at least, I guess. Renegades don't got it any better of course, and ANet clearly has no idea what they want to do with vindi, since bottoming our damage was weird and still not giving them any support power for support roles and builds.

And we all know shortbow was nerfed because it made hammer obsolete... the weapon most sane people don't want to use anyways.

Edited by Ravenwulfe.5360
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

41 minutes ago, Polar.8634 said:

it is still gonna be best quickdps in the game, does not matter what you take swords or gs. why so much drama

Because not everyone wants to be a walking stat stick and contrary to popular belief herald does have a pure DPS role too, it's Forceful Persistence. You usually swap to that when you aren't wanted to be quick dps but don't feel like swapping to say vindicator instead.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Those condi nerfs are just plain silly. Condi quickness herald was niche to begin with, same with condi alac ren. And only on really LONG fights, the builds rampedup to high dmg. And then nerfing burn damage? Wth? Also, as if we have ANY long fights left with the overall powercreep since PoF.

Now we are back to having only..... two condi quickness builds that are accepted. So stupid. Im soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo sick of playing condi quickness firebrand because no kittening alternatives.

Also, not a single PvP or WvW nerf. Anet REALLY dropped the ball since SotO release. Fractal rush event during bugged fractals, wvw rush event during completely unhinged wvw balance. They really need to get their kitten sorted. Because if those kinds of miss-steps keep happening, people will just leave.

Edited by Yasi.9065
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Susi Musi.2964 said:

RIP greatsword for all specs for now, not only herald. It was pretty even for s/s and gs but with this nerf... even vidi will camp s/s and use staff for cc... gs is just pointless now.
Also why did they nerf condi when for ranger and mesmer its untouched?

Vindi is largely unafected by the greatswords nerfs since they got buffed in their traitlines. So the goal was making dps with gs worse in Herald and Renegade, nothing else. It doesn't matter in the big scale of things since qHerald still has very good dpos with god tier boon generation at 0 invest in boon duration gear. Is still best in slot, albeit for a niche (instanced content) game modes.

For OW I don't think it changes much. Power builds are worse than celestial builds at that. Sustain in Vindi remains untouched, killing ability is mostly the same.

• Like 3
  • Confused 2

22 minutes ago, Buran.3796 said:

Vindi is largely unafected by the greatswords nerfs since they got buffed in their traitlines. So the goal was making dps with gs worse in Herald and Renegade, nothing else. It doesn't matter in the big scale of things since qHerald still has very good dpos with god tier boon generation at 0 invest in boon duration gear. Is still best in slot, albeit for a niche (instanced content) game modes.

For OW I don't think it changes much. Power builds are worse than celestial builds at that. Sustain in Vindi remains untouched, killing ability is mostly the same.

Oh it was still quite affected. Being buffed in the traitlines still doesn't account for the massive drop in coefficients. It softens the blow but I am sure the vindi, at a minimum, lost around 2.5k dps. I expect more.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

34 minutes ago, Ravenwulfe.5360 said:

Oh it was still quite affected. Being buffed in the traitlines still doesn't account for the massive drop in coefficients. It softens the blow but I am sure the vindi, at a minimum, lost around 2.5k dps. I expect more.

From snowcrows discord

ben g — Today at 1:37 PM
Vindicator:
Alliance SWSW/GS 42.5k -- Jalis SWSW/GS 38.8k
Alliance SWSW 40.3k -- Jalis SWSW 39.3k
Alliance GS 39k -- Jalis GS 37.5k

Herald:
Power GS 35.1k
Power Quickness SWSW/GS 33.6k
Condition 35.5k
Condition Quickness 34k

Renegade:
Power Alacrity GS 27.2k
Condition 38k
Condition Alacrity ?

All small hitbox 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

4 hours ago, Susi Musi.2964 said:

Because you know, someone want to play dps too not only boon role, that's why so much drama

3 hours ago, Ravenwulfe.5360 said:

Because not everyone wants to be a walking stat stick and contrary to popular belief herald does have a pure DPS role too, it's Forceful Persistence. You usually swap to that when you aren't wanted to be quick dps but don't feel like swapping to say vindicator instead.

core rev also has pure dps role, maybe try that out.

also from bench numbers comment above, i think they are pathetic vindi is barely 40k while scurge is 50k , delete rev that trash

• Haha 1
  • Confused 3

49 minutes ago, Polar.8634 said:

also from bench numbers comment above, i think they are pathetic vindi is barely 40k while scurge is 50k , delete rev that trash

I guess this is a sarcasm. There were times in which being over 30k was considered overpowered. Now 42.5k is bad due there's broken builds nocking near 50k? Obviously the power creep is insane.

You known what is the hardest thing from soloing Immelhoff in Lake Doric for the Aurora achievements? That you known that you will kill him in less than 90 seconds of combat, but you need to hurry when spams since if there's two players there it will die in less than 60 seconds, and then you need to wait hours to trhe next respawn.

The patch is susrprisingly mild for Revenant: yes, short bow damage got nerfed (which isn't that important since is usefull due the range and skills, not because were aour best dps choice), and dps fell a bit for non Vindi builds. But they didn't nerf boon duration in Herald or Renegade, so you don't need to regear your builds, which remains functional. 

I'm not saying that is a great patch (doesn't adress PvP nor WvW, shield or hammer remain weak, bugs still exist...) but could have been very bad and everything for Revs remains stable.

Edited by Buran.3796
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Polar.8634 said:

core rev also has pure dps role, maybe try that out.

Scourge got hit pretty hard with the nerfbat. Not sure quite how hard, but it's not going to be doing 49k any more.