Balance patch 26/09/2023

soulknight.9620

2 hours ago, Kritical Mass.5047 said:

As someone that has just started playing an ele and is interested in weaver. Is it even worth the effort at this point?

It's not like it's unplayable.  It's has competitive DPS specs.  It has good open world builds.  It is perfectly viable in all content.  It's even considered by many to be among the most fun and interesting builds you can play.  But it's also true that it's more difficult to play well than most specs and has among the least utility as well.  Is it worth it?  You'll have to make that call for yourself.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Kozumi.5816 said:

No, hasn't been for years either.

I think it might be time they consider adding some utility to weaver.  The fact is other classes have gained a lot in recent years as they've attempted to ensure that all classes have support options.  Even specs like druid now have competitive DPS.  But weaver intended as purely DPS gained nothing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/30/2023 at 2:25 AM, Kritical Mass.5047 said:

As someone that has just started playing an ele and is interested in weaver. Is it even worth the effort at this point?

No, its not worth it unless you just absolutely love the aestetics behind weaver. Aestetics is the most common reason people stay on ele in the first place. If you want to get results - pick different class like necro/revenant. 

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

On 9/30/2023 at 2:50 PM, AliamRationem.5172 said:

I think it might be time they consider adding some utility to weaver.  The fact is other classes have gained a lot in recent years as they've attempted to ensure that all classes have support options.  Even specs like druid now have competitive DPS.  But weaver intended as purely DPS gained nothing.

They seem to not want pure DPS specs with no utility but also won't give specs like Weaver utility. 

I think they consider conjured weapons utility.

Edited by Kozumi.5816
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

On 9/30/2023 at 9:50 PM, AliamRationem.5172 said:

it gained more and more dps nerfs...

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Kozumi.5816 said:

I had someone tell me FGS is the highest DPS group utility in the game.

*fgs drops*

boss: so, ele is attempting the fgs strat, eh? well, i better aoe the heck outta it then

your healer: not if i can help it, flamy sword goes brrr

also your healer: *dies* what the heck was it? omg, ele, learn to place your useless utilities >;(

7 hours ago, peperoncino.2516 said:

*fgs drops*

boss: so, ele is attempting the fgs strat, eh? well, i better aoe the heck outta it then

your healer: not if i can help it, flamy sword goes brrr

also your healer: *dies* what the heck was it? omg, ele, learn to place your useless utilities >;(

Good one, but the sad part is: i was in a group once, there were 2 eles with fgs. They both used their fgs and a guy in a group died. And to ress him i had to pick up 2 fgs cause for some unknown reason the game thinks that picking up fgs is higher priority than ressing people. 😄

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Remus Darkblight.1673 said:

Are conjured weapons actually bad or do players generally just not understand when/how to use them. Especially if a player doesn't ever play ele.

Or could be both you know.

I would say its the first. Conjure weapon design is flawed. You basically take a conjure into your build if you need 1-2 skills from that weapon situationally (like fgs mobility in wvw, shields block and invuln in wvw/spvp, more dps from fgs 5/4) and thats it. And to get dps increase from FGS you have to "abuse" the weapon stawing or aftercast would "eat" that dps. There is literary no point in holding this weapon more than a few secs while you use 1-2 skills. Enige kits are far more usable at this point. 

• Like 1