Balance patches 26/09-2023

Sansar.1302

So bland and boring balance patch.

Where realy hoping to atleast finaly get some willbender wvw nerf (  they are so op in solo roaming 😞 )

And a few spvp buffs and nerfs is realy overdue. 

I dont care about pve balance sice it is not affectig me if something is way stronger than other things.

Edited by Sansar.1302
a missing word
  • Like 13
  • Confused 4

47 minutes ago, Shade.8971 said:

I'm pretty sure there is another one coming next month.  They did make a post how this one was just to take down over performing specs.

I am still trying to figure out when revenant is overperforming though to get that heavy handed backhand of a nerf. Never mind nerfing vindi and their sub 40k dps even further with a 'it didn't do jack' to fix what they just did to greatsword alone. The class I want to play keeps getting reamed with every patch it seems, and still have done nothing to give its support build anything for group content or making them at least wanted when you want to play support. Always fun when listening to "influencers" and "content creators" calling your preferred spec trash tier.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 3

13 minutes ago, Ravenwulfe.5360 said:

I am still trying to figure out when revenant is overperforming though to get that heavy handed backhand of a nerf.

The only build really overperforming was quick herald, and that's only because it has free concentration from a minor trait and enough base duration on its boons to be able to use full berserker's/viper's and still overcap quickness. So to fix that, they nerfed greatsword...instead of, you know, making the support dps require concentration gear like pretty much every other support.

I enjoy quick herald and definitely think it deserves to be nerfed, but this isn't it. Now it still has the same problems, but greatsword probably won't be as good as sword/sword anymore.

• Like 6
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, JustJordan.9380 said:

The only build really overperforming was quick herald, and that's only because it has free concentration from a minor trait and enough base duration on its boons to be able to use full berserker's/viper's and still overcap quickness. So to fix that, they nerfed greatsword...instead of, you know, making the support dps require concentration gear like pretty much every other support.

I enjoy quick herald and definitely think it deserves to be nerfed, but this isn't it. Now it still has the same problems, but greatsword probably won't be as good as sword/sword anymore.

Greatsword is still likely to be the better option over sword sword namely due to its kit, but these changes are just ridiculous. I mean even without the concentration boost a berserker build can maintain might and quick easily. I mean it's seriously easy to always keep your upkeep at 6, so I don't get the concentration boost if I were to be honest.

Edited by Ravenwulfe.5360
  • Like 4
  • Confused 1

25 minutes ago, Ravenwulfe.5360 said:

I mean it's seriously easy to always keep your upkeep at 6, so I don't get the concentration boost if I were to be honest.

Yeah, they need to adjust either the base duration of its quickness, make the intervals longer, or both. As it is now, it's 1.25s of quickness every 1 second. Maybe something like .7s of quickness every 1 second would be better, so it requires at least some concentration gear.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

Well, they were either going to nerf the overperforming weapons and the spec they were built around (warhorn/tempest), or they were going to nerf around the overperforming weapons and hurt everyone else.

What isn't being brought up is that this change was made primarily with money in mind.  The problem with nerfing the OP combo is that it will disincentivize people from buying SotO.  Anet wants to sell the weapon mastery, so they have to make sure that it is the strongest option for players to go for.

We can't really call them out for making a bad choice balance wise, because it really wasn't made for balance.  It was made to sell SotO.  

• Confused 5

Revenant

August 2022 update for GS wiki source.

Mist Swing: Reduced power coefficient from 1.0 to 0.7 in PvE only.   (PvE only) Damage multiplier increased from 0.9 to 1.0.
Mist Slash: Reduced power coefficient from 1.1 to 0.8 in PvE only.  (PvE only) Damage multiplier increased from 1.0 to 1.1.
Arcing Mists: Reduced power coefficient from 1.3 to 1.2 in PvE only.  (PvE only) Damage multiplier increased from 1.25 to 1.3.
Mists Unleashed: Reduced power coefficient from 2.0 to 1.6 in PvE only.  (PvE only) Damage multiplier increased from 1.9 to 2.0.

You can see that the reduction is worse than it was originally.

For herald competence

Elemental Blast: Reduced burning from 3 stacks for 5 seconds to 2 stacks for 4 seconds in PvE only. 

November 2022: Reduced cooldown from 15 seconds to 12 seconds in PvE only.

June 2022: Increased cooldown from 10 seconds to 15 seconds. Damage multiplier increased from 1.15 to 1.5. Weakness duration increased from 4 seconds to 5 seconds. Chill duration increased from 2 seconds to 3 seconds. Burning duration increased from 3 seconds to 5 seconds. These changes are for PvE only.

A long-awaited boost for a nerf in the same direction as GS. See you soon for the next nerf vindi, as it'll be too powerful this time.

Leviathan Strength: Increased damage bonus from 10% to 15% in PvE only.
Forerunner of Death: Increased damage bonus from 15% to 25% in PvE only.

On the other hand, you'll have to tell me where with the GS the revenant was overperforming. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

19 hours ago, Shade.8971 said:

I'm pretty sure there is another one coming next month.  They did make a post how this one was just to take down over performing specs.

There shouldn't be another balance patch until December. They said quarterly balance patches... 

The last balance patch was in June and this one is September.

It just doesn't feel like it because they kittened up the June patch so badly they had to course correct in July. And the balance lead is so bad that he overcorrected then and on top of the July and Expansion release everything got blown to hell leading to a need to nerf everything.

But monthly balance patches aren't sustainable and I don't want the constant changing.