Hero Point Commune Broken

I just tried to use my Krait Obelisk Shard hero point commune [Edit: to create a charged quartz crystal] in my home instance about 20 minutes ago, and got the error message, "That content has been temporarily disabled. Please try again later." I went to Lornar's Pass to try the hero point commune at the Durmand Priory, and got the same error message.

Is anyone else having this issue? If it's not just me, I'm guessing that fixing the hero point in the patch notes has broken all of them? I'm certainly not going to jump around all over the world trying to test them all.

Edited by Bella Rikka.2387

26 minutes ago, Batel.9206 said:

The ones in the Silverwastes seem to be okay. (At least for the actual hero points; I haven't tested charging quartz crystals on them.)

I will go and test this, and return with an update!

Update: I tested a commune in Dry Top and one in Silverwastes, and got the same error message. My guildies also tested their home instance communes and got the same error. I think it is official that creating charged quartz crystals with hero point communes is broken.

Edited by Bella Rikka.2387
Update
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, QueenKeriti.5176 said:

Supposedly there was a very impressive exploit with this, lol.

Thank you for linking that! The search function for the forums literally came up with 0 results, and Googling for it came up with nothing. It's no wonder that people don't participate in the forums more! 🤣

Do you know what the exploit was/did?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Bella Rikka.2387 said:

Thank you for linking that! The search function for the forums literally came up with 0 results, and Googling for it came up with nothing. It's no wonder that people don't participate in the forums more! 🤣

Do you know what the exploit was/did?

Gonna throw out a wild guess that it let you create pretty much unlimited charged quartz instead of one a day. 😂

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

14 minutes ago, QueenKeriti.5176 said:

Gonna throw out a wild guess that it let you create pretty much unlimited charged quartz instead of one a day. 😂

Seems likely.

And while searching for any additional information, I saw this.

Specifically, the part of the support response that says "you cannot use the cauldron to produce an Ultra Hot Sphere while Quartz Crystals are also in your inventory in addition to the sphere's ingredients"

So my guess is the fix for this somehow messed with making the charged quartz.

• Like 1

Hey so this seems like a great time to remove the charged quartz as a required component to complete the skyscale quest chain.  or do we just sit here and do nothing for however long ANet decides? regardless of who exploited it, the exploit existing is ANet's faults.  deciding disabling an already annoying component of the game to punish everyone in a ham-fisted attempt to stop the results of their own mistake with the exploit is just making it worse.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, QueenKeriti.5176 said:

...can't you buy that charged quartz skyscale item from the TP?

The charged crystals are account bound, and suggesting you just shell out gold for something you already may be close to completing the long way is insulting and a non-fix.

Edited by Cerus Serenade.3769
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

Maybe they should just leave it that way and put it in Lhyr's inventory to just buy them for the 25 crystals once a day...seems like a quick fix and it would prevent it from interfering with other items like that searing cauldron post someone linked.
Edit: and btw it's still broken for me as of 12:27 CST on 9/28/23

Edited by Airmed.9170

4 minutes ago, Airmed.9170 said:

Maybe they should just leave it that way and put it in Lhyr's inventory to just buy them for the 25 crystals once a day...seems like a quick fix and it would prevent it from interfering with other items like that searing cauldron post someone linked.
Edit: and btw it's still broken for me as of 12:27 CST on 9/28/23

Nope, apparently not. Can't be bothered to do anything but make time-gated systems even worse.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1