Wizards Vault Reward Shortage

Cairo.8275

With 38 days remaining, I’ve doing most daily’s and weeklies, and I can see we are running out of rewards worth bothering with.   The old daily gold is long gone, and I face a board of overpriced things I won’t use and worthless skins.    I’ll complete a few specials soon, but the reward mechanic is pointless.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 10
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, DeanBB.4268 said:

Isn't the 30AA 1g endless?

This is always an option, yes.

Perhaps we should draw another conclusion out of the "good stuff" being gone after half a season: It isn't that important to do everything, every day to get the good stuff. You can kind of relax a bit and don't burn out yourself (especially, when ANet surprisingly adds way more special rewards per season like they did this time).

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Cairo.8275 said:

With 38 days remaining, I’ve doing most daily’s and weeklies, and I can see we are running out of rewards worth bothering with.   The old daily gold is long gone, and I face a board of overpriced things I won’t use and worthless skins.    I’ll complete a few specials soon, but the reward mechanic is pointless.

The daily wizards vault chest rewards:

- 1 gold

- 30 astral acclaim

- essence of Luck

Now add in the minimum of 35 astral acclaim for the achievements (5 from login, 30 from the daily achievements) and you are looking at 65 total astral acclaim minimum.

30 astral acclaim can be converted into 1 gold, no limit. This bring the daily gold via the vault up to 3 gold, with 5 astral acclaim left over.The old daily was giving 2 gold.

So in short: are you trolling or literally just not aware of how the wizard vault reward system works?

Edited by Cyninja.2954
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Cairo.8275 said:

OK, I feel better now.   I forgot the Daily Cash gold.

I was just missing not having anything exciting left to buy.  We didn’t have them before, so we aren’t losing anything.

Thanks for the replies, they were ALL on point.

Fair enough, an honest mistake. It happens.

Yes, being out of "fun" stuff to buy is not great (but hey, at least gold and more of it).

BUT maybe considering this will help:

The system intentionally gives out far more astral acclaim per cycle (and I personally was surprised by the amount of extra astral acclaim tasks). That's to combat FOMO plus it allows players in the future to actually "catch up" reward wise (remember that rewards wander into the legacy tab eventually).

It also means that for every player who suddenly has less time on their hand, well you can still get all the "cool" goodies without every single daily plus give players more choice in skipping tasks.

Edited by Cyninja.2954
  • Like 3

32 minutes ago, Cairo.8275 said:

OK, I feel better now.   I forgot the Daily Cash gold.

I was just missing not having anything exciting left to buy.  We didn’t have them before, so we aren’t losing anything.

Thanks for the replies, they were ALL on point.

If it is a mistake on your part, then i will retract my not so nice post.

I wish you a wonderful day.
😃

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Gorani.7205 said:

This is always an option, yes.

Perhaps we should draw another conclusion out of the "good stuff" being gone after half a season: It isn't that important to do everything, every day to get the good stuff. You can kind of relax a bit and don't burn out yourself (especially, when ANet surprisingly adds way more special rewards per season like they did this time).

I think that's the intention. Obviously it hasn't stopped players complaining about FOMO, but I think you're supposed to be able to get all the best rewards without having to devote a huge amount of time to it.

I was only able to play for a few days in the first week and I was plesantly surprised when I was able to finish the weekly in that time, and not long after I got back from being away I was able to get the griffon skin. I've missed more time since then (but not as much as I'd hoped - if everything worked out for me I'd be moving to a new city and starting a new job around now) and skipped the dailies some days because I just didn't feel like it but I'm still running out of stuff I want to buy. Admittedly it helps that I don't want the legendary weapon starter kit, the shoulder skin and the emote which are some of the more expensive items, but I've gotten a lot of stuff.

I suspect it will take a while for players to get used to it, I'm sure right now a lot of people feel like because there's new tasks every day and week they have to do them every day and every week, but I think over time most people will get used to the idea that they're not missing anything significant if they skip tasks they're not interested in doing.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, Gorani.7205 said:

...Perhaps we should draw another conclusion out of the "good stuff" being gone after half a season: It isn't that important to do everything, every day to get the good stuff. You can kind of relax a bit and don't burn out yourself (especially, when ANet surprisingly adds way more special rewards per season like they did this time).

5 hours ago, Danikat.8537 said:

I think that's the intention. Obviously it hasn't stopped players complaining about FOMO, but I think you're supposed to be able to get all the best rewards without having to devote a huge amount of time to it...

Ah, all the folks upset about the Wizard's Vault feeding on FOMO need to read both of these responses. Gorani and Danikat thank you for so clearly laying FOMO fears to rest.

As for the OP's initial reaction about not enough rewards, I've heard similar reactions from guildies and I always scratch my head in puzzlement when I do. Early on, I got everything I wanted from the WV. Since then I have been happily putting all my AA into the endless gold bags. I haven't bothered to do the actual math but it seems to me if you do the dailies and weeklies, you are getting something like 30+ gold a week from those endless bags. Others may feel differently, but I like that a lot.

Edited by Chichimec.9364
  • Like 3

Some people will say they don't want to feel pressured and forced to do things by fear to miss out on items, and others complain there isn't enough to get when you do every single daily/weekly...

Also, 2g for old dailies, you can now get much more with the endless 1g bag. This topic is absurd and only to whine.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1