Any decent support Rev build for Ranked PvP?

Buran.3796

With over 160 matches just in ranked this is one of the seasons I've played the most in PvP, but most were done with just two builds (a power Vindi and an hybrid Firbrand) and I want to try some with more team support. The thing is that I don't like the core support Guardian playstile and also seems very inconsistent ouside organized teams (I would say that some players actively try to avoid your heals... ). There's some good support build that could work for Rev at ranked?

I've thinking about Herald or Vindi, since Renegade is less tanky. Sage amulet for a support/condi build or Avatar for support/power. Either Ventari + Jalis or Alliance in the case of Vindicator. Typical traitlines as invocation 1,1,1 salvation 3,2,1. With Vindi procs of regen with evades and use of skills; energy, cleansing and transference sigils, maybe something like this:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PmwAYlfllQmsK6kRRosJKlFSqsBqkntUV0H-D6YfIZKF6VBUtIwxnAAA

Any idea/experience to share? I'm not sure about the playstile, or if stab from Jalis would be a better choice or different weapons would be better. I put Lynx runes just to provide a bit of mobility to go where help would be needed but I don't known if druid runes (increasing healing power ~1/3) would be more impactful...

48 minutes ago, Buran.3796 said:

With over 160 matches just in ranked this is one of the seasons I've played the most in PvP, but most were done with just two builds (a power Vindi and an hybrid Firbrand) and I want to try some with more team support. The thing is that I don't like the core support Guardian playstile and also seems very inconsistent ouside organized teams (I would say that some players actively try to avoid your heals... ). There's some good support build that could work for Rev at ranked?

I've thinking about Herald or Vindi, since Renegade is less tanky. Sage amulet for a support/condi build or Avatar for support/power. Either Ventari + Jalis or Alliance in the case of Vindicator. Typical traitlines as invocation 1,1,1 salvation 3,2,1. With Vindi procs of regen with evades and use of skills; energy, cleansing and transference sigils, maybe something like this:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PmwAYlfllQmsK6kRRosJKlFSqsBqkntUV0H-D6YfIZKF6VBUtIwxnAAA

Any idea/experience to share? I'm not sure about the playstile, or if stab from Jalis would be a better choice or different weapons would be better. I put Lynx runes just to provide a bit of mobility to go where help would be needed but I don't known if druid runes (increasing healing power ~1/3) would be more impactful...

Here a build I have played a lot in gold-plat and tournees. This works really well, you will be mostly doing 50-65% of total team healing from raw healing alone in 5v5's, this build can carry a team nicely =>

Centaur stance/Herald stance

• Salvation traitline: 3-3-1

• Invocation traitline: 1-1-1

• Herald traitline: 1-3-1

Weapons: mace/shield + staff

sage amulet / rune of the druid / relic of the defender or relic of the flock.

Sigils of energy + Sigils of transference

Your main upkeeps for team are n1 regen and n2 protection boons. At start of match have regen/swiftness for team on, protection you hold on when fight starts. Applying weakness + protection mitigates nicely. With 6 upkeep your team and yourself gain nicely vigor boon uptime. Because your traited with shield, 1 cleanse for you or team and 4 pulsing self cleanses. Because 600 radius with boons and healing you don't need to always support close in the fight itself. 

Centaur abilties, read the empowerments + salvation traited bonuses well for enough boon uptime. Stability is pretty important on elite stance and empowerment can also be gained from centaur nature facet consume. Do not hold nature facet upkeep on, the healing is too weak and can energy can be better used on other abilties for saving.

Last tip: Don't hold centaur upkeep barier skill on if there is no projectile denial needed, not even for the 6 upkeep vigor, the energy can be used a lot better => for example centaur 20 energy big heal which also grants vigor

This is a short explaining, for more you can always message if you like

Edited by arazoth.7290
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

core lyhr relic support is also a fun anti power meme pick. invocation 3, 1, 1; retribution 1, 3, 2 (i think 2 was the trait with auto dwarf proc); and salvation 3,2,1 with dwarf + ventari and staff/mace shield. idea is to use dwarf dmg mitigation combined with lyhr relic to basically negate any incoming power pressure while healing/peeling if needed with ventari. doesnt really work well against condi heavy comps and can fall flat if your enemy realises what you are using and focuses you and the bound allie(s) so def not the strongest support pick but sometimes fun :D. its btw also pretty much completely viable if you use the flock relic for barrier every 10 sec on ventari.

lhyr needs some rework, you take too much damage because of it and if 1 other focuses hou while you mitigate damage from team you're not feeling so well. And that is even in consideration with using protection boons, weakness condi and rite of the great dwarf+ hammers in most opitmal case