Buff Hammer Catalyst (in endgame pve)

xChris.8904

11 minutes ago, tiagotatico.6304 said:

you will do no damage with this build, i dont really understand the point of the signets if it is for charging EE faster you can just use sword/warhorn, its better to just run full berzerker or full diviners with fire/air/cata, or water/fire/cata if you cant dodge stuff, you cannot die with water and you will do 3x more damage, and this is even true now that hammer will be nerfed hard on the next patch for condi builds

Huh? Does around 12k dps and it was pre relics so it does around 13k now. Its a heavy tanking build and no dps build. 

Signets are for their passive bonuses such as healing per skill used, 180 precision and -10% incoming damage. 

Dude above said he dies very fast in PoF, so I suggested a tanky build. Suggesting him gear with 0 defense makes no sense at all if he struggles in PoF.

Also this build is for situations where the incoming damage is very high where you cant survive with berserker gear anymore. 

I want you to show me a Video of solo mushroom queen in berserker gear and if you ve done that, show me a Video of soloing a legendary enemy with berserker gear.

Seriously, i dont understand posts like yours. The one i was responding to clearly has problems surviving stuff and posts like "just go berserker because of high damage" wont help him. High damage wont help him if he is dead. 

He said he was looking for good ele builds all over and didn't find any. Probably because Sites like metabattle are almost always suggesting berserker gear for open world which is completely useless if you are new to the game or the class.

Edited by SeTect.5918

26 minutes ago, SeTect.5918 said:

Huh? Does around 12k dps and it was pre relics so it does around 13k now. Its a heavy tanking build and no dps build. 

Signets are for their passive bonuses such as healing per skill used, 180 precision and -10% incoming damage. 

Dude above said he dies very fast in PoF, so I suggested a tanky build. Suggesting him gear with 0 defense makes no sense at all if he struggles in PoF.

Also this build is for situations where the incoming damage is very high where you cant survive with berserker gear anymore. 

I want you to show me a Video of solo mushroom queen in berserker gear and if you ve done that, show me a Video of soloing a legendary enemy with berserker gear.

Seriously, i dont understand posts like yours. The one i was responding to clearly has problems surviving stuff and posts like "just go berserker because of high damage" wont help him. High damage wont help him if he is dead. 

He said he was looking for good ele builds all over and didn't find any. Probably because Sites like metabattle are almost always suggesting berserker gear for open world which is completely useless if you are new to the game or the class.

if you play on NA i can show you in this weekend, im not going to record a video, im not sure what is a legendary enemy, bounties ? ive done a few, most of them solo with berserker gear on my weaver, not a big fan of open world, also ive done all hero points solo on my weaver full zerker, three times since i had 3 eles, however the thing is recommending a a build with bad dps will do worse things for the person playing, for one he will have to invest gold on a gear that is only useful on one game mode (wvw roaming sucks), if he had bough berserkers that build could have been used anywhere wvw zergs, fractals, strikes, raids, OW, etc, second it will take forever to kill even trash mobs, OW will be more a slog than already is, and lastly with a full tank build he will never be able to learn how to avoid damage, if you however go with a berserker gear and only change your build its going to be much better for all those points, and honestly, if you want a tank build cweaver with vipers, any condi ele works but its worse, because you have a lot of damage reduction for free and range, the only problem is that is a condi build so it will suffer to clear trash mobs, not as much as yours tho, and on this condi build you still have the option to do all instanced content + OW.

16 minutes ago, tiagotatico.6304 said:

if you play on NA i can show you in this weekend, im not going to record a video, im not sure what is a legendary enemy, bounties ? ive done a few, most of them solo with berserker gear on my weaver, not a big fan of open world, also ive done all hero points solo on my weaver full zerker, three times since i had 3 eles, however the thing is recommending a a build with bad dps will do worse things for the person playing, for one he will have to invest gold on a gear that is only useful on one game mode (wvw roaming sucks), if he had bough berserkers that build could have been used anywhere wvw zergs, fractals, strikes, raids, OW, etc, second it will take forever to kill even trash mobs, OW will be more a slog than already is, and lastly with a full tank build he will never be able to learn how to avoid damage, if you however go with a berserker gear and only change your build its going to be much better for all those points, and honestly, if you want a tank build cweaver with vipers, any condi ele works but its worse, because you have a lot of damage reduction for free and range, the only problem is that is a condi build so it will suffer to clear trash mobs, not as much as yours tho, and on this condi build you still have the option to do all instanced content + OW.

Oh, i play on EU. Yeah its legendary bounties i m talking about.

I see where you are coming from tho.

Personally i made 3 builds and equip templates for each class. Full dps, open world champions/legendaries and one for wvw.

But i agree he should be making a full dps one to have the ability to participate in group content first. I believe by playing that players will become better automatically due to learning how certain class mechanics and rotations work. 

Its incredibly fun for me to facetank stuff like mushroom queen tho without having to sweat my water consumption from the past 3 weeks out. Just saying this for you to understand why an experienced Player would ever run builds like that. 

As for newer players, i would still suggest this if the player already has a dps build since it makes lots of stuff easier even tho dealing lower dps. Its also true condi certainly does somewhat more dps than this on trash mobs. Tho its not really meant to be for trash mobs anyway. 

Not sure on what kind of mobs the player above struggles on tho.

Edited by SeTect.5918

Very unlikely to happen, in fact this is going the other way around, we having a bunch of nerfs next patch

Since now weapons are not tied to a spec anymore you can't buff hammer without buffing all the specs you can't buff cata cuz you going to push sword/warhorn even higher in numbers and it seems like anet wants it around 43k and the dps is already there

• 6 months later...
3 hours ago, Juniper.8197 said:

Hammer has 4 combo finishers, 1 on each on each 5 skill. Sword only has 3.

Sword has access to another offhand.
Whatever: They literally buffed hammers access to EE in one of the last updates by reducing cooldowns on combo and cc skills. Additionally the rework of air 4 on hammer which did knockback yourself before.

Why even respond to something that is not relevant anymore?

• Sad 1