Rev for pve

deathdealer.2197

Power Vindi is perfectly fine for PvE and my fav spec to do easy events, but has limitations soloing some bounties, legendary bounties and macro-events, because lacks some tankyness/self sustain.

On the other hand, condi (cele) Vindicator is utterly broken in terms of self sustain. Today completed the omalkan bandolier for the Vision achievements in Sandwept Isles and I did the 3 of the 4 rampaging elements  and Starcaller legendary hydra alone. When I reached Seneb we already were 3 or 4, and it didn't last 3 minutes. (including the travel).. 

Vindi is totally cubstomping fine at PvE. 

• Confused 1

On 10/3/2023 at 5:51 PM, Buran.3796 said:

Power Vindi is perfectly fine for PvE and my fav spec to do easy events, but has limitations soloing some bounties, legendary bounties and macro-events, because lacks some tankyness/self sustain.

On the other hand, condi (cele) Vindicator is utterly broken in terms of self sustain. Today completed the omalkan bandolier for the Vision achievements in Sandwept Isles and I did the 3 of the 4 rampaging elements  and Starcaller legendary hydra alone. When I reached Seneb we already were 3 or 4, and it didn't last 3 minutes. (including the travel).. 

Vindi is totally cubstomping fine at PvE. 

Do you mind sharing the cele vindicator build? I can't seem to find it.

8 hours ago, Kaneth.4951 said:

There's more than a few versions out there for cele Vindi just off the traits alone, so I'm sure Buran's is different. But I'll link mine and maybe it'll help you get an idea of how to build a cele vindi to your liking.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PmwAkeVlZSIsTCihSRsUSipSgsSSgDzUa0F-DyIY1o7vYCLFaLQaMgaNAztK8+DQJET6AOf4vmQsGBqA-e

It kinda plays like the meta dps condi ren... if you've ever played that in raids/fractals... but with a lot more dodging and less reliability on using x weapon in y legend. You're more free to use which ever one you want at the time and make your own combos, but if you get use to swapping on cooldown, you'll definitely see more damage. The sustain feels like something in the middle, which i like, and I Haven't had any issues solo'ing all sorts of legendaries so I didn't feel the need to go tankier with Salvation, but that is an option, and boy do you get tankier. I'm also a huge charged mists fan, but not everyone enjoys it. It just opens up more spam and more combos to dump energy too and I'm a guy that cant not press all the buttons as fast as possible. Food doesnt need to be the expensive stuff, fried golden dumplings work just aswell. really it plays absolutely fine without food. I just used it to absolutely cap out on might cause i wasn't running incensed response cause i wanted swiftness. 

What I'm saying is cele vindi, and basically anything Open World cele build, is about find ways to cap out 25 might, while finding access to as many important or trait interacting boons as possible, and then maximizing your hardest hitting or most abundant condi with duration or rate of application while balancing out as much sustain as you feel comfortable with. So I wanted permanent 25 might, fury, quickness, vigor, swiftness, protection, regen, and resistance. Torment was my highest stack/biggest dps contributor. And I picked traits that gave me a comfortable amount of sustain. But thats all my personal preference. Making a cele build in OW is about balancing all of those choices out.

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Kaneth.4951 said:

This is the cele Vindi build I run in PvE:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PmwAUlflZSIsTSihSRsUCipSgsSSgjyzasF-D2IY1o+vUiMgyMV7tI6IC8+SQCC4vFzMrAA-w

That's mostly for solo OW PvE; specially vs bounties and that kind of hard targets. If I want to do an event with more people, as Palawadan, Drakkar and similar I usually run a Renegade build with perma alacrity and Jalis + Shiro, because then I can provide alacrity and stability on demand, break defiance bars at range and rezz dudes going down. So at PvE I use the cele Vindi to solo, and the cele Renegade if I want to help others. The Rene is a bit different, I can showcase the build if you want.

Then, this is the cele Vindi build I run in WvW:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PmgAUFlZSMsTqjhScsUyjpSksSign1UVsF-D2IY1o6/QiUBlpUtXRhIvEkgA+bxMzKA-w

That's entirely different despite sharing most of the gear; the goal there is having as much mobility as possible, being able to deliver pressure at any range and to mitigate damage from errors and being able to re-sustain as effectively as possible. Is build that I enjoy more than the PvE one (to be honest my fav PvE vindi is a power build), but the builds I enjoy the most doesn't perform the best if you have to solo dudes as Seneb or a legendary hydra.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Mike.7983 said:

Credits to Hizen for this, cele vindicator for soloing pretty much anything is very solid.  Near impossible to die with the amount of sustain and boons it pumps out.

~16k dps avg to is solid.  

The op was asking for a Vindi power build tho. Hizen as actually made a video with updated builds ( the one you posted is 9m old) and in the heavy armored class one you can find an updated link and showcase video on the description with his alternative power vindicator build. I was originally exceptical because he uses berserker stats instead of celestial so i decided to go the safer route and replace a few pieces with Dragon and marauder stats instead and lol. I half feel i shouldn't had because so it happens that vindi self sustaining is so good that even as full berserker you're incredibly tanky.

But yeah. You can't go wrong with hizen builds for pve. He makes builds that allow you to solo stuff that isn't meant to be soloed lol

Edited by Tora.7214

The main change he made in the power build was replacing sigil of force with sigil of frailty, which makes sense since in solo long fights you will deal more damage over time, but works worse if people arrives and the stacks caps 25.

The only problem I had with that build is that I don't think that works against foes with extreme amounts of cc as the goat bounties or the legendary bounty Seneb. The build has very little access to stability and every time you get cced your damage stops and your vuln and might stacks go down. The cele version is not only tankier (higher armor, HP, boon duration and healing power) buil apso keeps delivering damage even cced thanx to things as Embrace the Darkness. Akeem relic also closed the gap in dps since Isgarren only works if you're not interrupted. But for regular foes and most of HPs the power build is faster and I like it more.