Ranger / Beast Skill - Broken

Hitting F2 or Clicking F2 or Smashing Keys.  I keep trying to figure out what the problem is and nothing seems to fix it.   Beast Skill not working while I am hitting the key my pet just chills there because I have my pets set to passive to keep them out of combat until I tell them.  I have tried original pets / EoD / PoF / HoT / SoTOS, all have the same issue.  Click the skill, it will do nothing, I can understand if it blinked or I was getting skill lag on my rangers attacks, but I am not getting any server skill lag with Ranger skills.  I will hit the F2 key for CC or before swapping pets but the skill will fire off 25% of the time.   Makes me wonder how many more Ranger Pet skills are not working correctly.

Edited by Quirin.1076
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

• 3 weeks later...

My understanding is that ever since there were changes to Engineers mech F skills this then affected ranger pet F2 skills.

The problem with ranger F2 is that if a pet is performing an action when you press F2 the pet will not interrupt its current action and places the F2 into a queue. 

This issue has been going on for some time now and so you cannot always be 100 certain that pressing F2 will work, as not only is there a queue problem but there is also a short delay before the pet will action its F2 even if there is no queue. 

Hopefully Anet will fix this situation and make it fully responsive again. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...