Fractal instabilities inWvW

Solvar.7953

So the comment on new events (and beetle) got me thinking - what would happen if various fractal instabilities would occasionally be applied for a week in WvW?  Or maybe several instabilities.

The instabilities in fractals are designed to mix things up a bit (https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Fractals_of_the_Mists#Mistlock_Instability is a list of the ones out there).  This would mix up some builds now and again.  Flux bombs would certainly change zerg play a bit.

• Like 2
  • Confused 4

In my own thread I mentioned using Flux Bombs, Last Laugh, and Toxic Sickness as fun ideas.  Someone else suggested Social Awkwardness.  When looking at fractal instabilities and the starcraft mutations, many of them break down into some variation of "do more damage" or "do less damage" in a variety of small ways.  Because of this, it is difficult to pick which ones would really be fun to use as opposed to making things more monotonous.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Solvar.7953 said:

So the comment on new events (and beetle) got me thinking - what would happen if various fractal instabilities would occasionally be applied for a week in WvW?  Or maybe several instabilities.

The instabilities in fractals are designed to mix things up a bit (https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Fractals_of_the_Mists#Mistlock_Instability is a list of the ones out there).  This would mix up some builds now and again.  Flux bombs would certainly change zerg play a bit.

This has been brought up before and agree could be an interesting one to try.

Reading through that list was kind of scary how much build stats and modifiers would get wrecked. That's on top of variables like Bloodlust, structure buffs, and whatever else. 

I'm not against the idea though, it could be fun, but maybe concentrated a little. Maybe those Instabilities can be introduced into the field depending on how hot an area of the map is or from an event in the form of Environmental Weapons or items that can be wielded for a long duration or for the duration of an event. But those weapons or items could be taken from slain enemies who had previously picked them up also.

That could spark an emergent back and forth effort around an item or an array of items or whoever decides to be the heroes who wield them like in the early days of WvW but relegated a bit so it's not tanking the entire week for players who just wouldn't be down for that. 

13 minutes ago, kash.9213 said:

Reading through that list was kind of scary how much build stats and modifiers would get wrecked. That's on top of variables like Bloodlust, structure buffs, and whatever else. 

I'm not against the idea though, it could be fun, but maybe concentrated a little. Maybe those Instabilities can be introduced into the field depending on how hot an area of the map is or from an event in the form of Environmental Weapons or items that can be wielded for a long duration or for the duration of an event. But those weapons or items could be taken from slain enemies who had previously picked them up also.

That could spark an emergent back and forth effort around an item or an array of items or whoever decides to be the heroes who wield them like in the early days of WvW but relegated a bit so it's not tanking the entire week for players who just wouldn't be down for that. 

Yeah think more select one's or a type for WvW itself. This ties back to a test map and the other thread to some degree.