Power mirage a viable dps?

Terimac.5871

Hello,

Just wondering before i start to level my mesmer if power mirage is a viable thing? I was thinking greatsword and mabye dagger/shield? All the build website i go to always have some kind of boring condi dual staff mirage build. 

Thanks, and god bless all the anime girls 💯💝😽

Since you're asking about DPS I assume you're wanting to play the spec in PVE?

I think I've heard the Power Mirage is usable in WVW.

But that's mainly because of the interrupts and defenses.

From what I've seen it has lower DPS than the condi spec and the condi spec isn't really viable in group PVE.

Power mirage greatsword is not a normal PvE build for putting decent damage out, it does work very well for upcoming mad king festival though.  2 Greatswords sigil of stam/energy with infinite horizon mirage trait to rapid chain off maze tagging for max loot rate as you run around with greatsword beams going off.

• 2 months later...
On 10/7/2023 at 6:37 PM, Roadkizzle.2157 said:

From what I've seen it has lower DPS than the condi spec and the condi spec isn't really viable in group PVE.

What's wrong with condi mirage in group pve? It's benching high as all hell right now 

4 hours ago, Rei.6195 said:

What's wrong with condi mirage in group pve? It's benching high as all hell right now 

Well my post was on October 7th. The new really high benches were after the November 28th patch when they changed how the axe clones functioned and the staff Phantasms.

The problem previously wasn't necessarily the highest DPS the spec could get but because of how it generated the conditions it took the longest to ramp up it's damage and was VERY easy to tank your DPS because the clones were delayed in using the Ambushes so it was too easy to interrupt their attacks.