Support and UI problems that need to be fixed

Random dude.5089

First thing that i noticed since i started playing support is that firebrand have so many strong boons aka tons of stab and lots of aegis , and when i started playing other supports like druid/scourge/revenant all of them lack stability when needed , and most of the groups need a stab provider which a fb does it all without the need for others to sacrifice dps to take take a utility bar , even if some people gonna say that druid can give stab with his glyph but its a very impactful spell when used with cele form and its a big cd which is not a reliable stab source , everytime i play those supports i feel like my team get tossed arround like ragdolls, and since 80% of the groups are filled with "need heal fb" i feel like im excluded always away from good groups , and thats  a poor support flexibility design , how about u give each support a decent reliable source of stab and i wouldn't mind even not include aegis , but stability helps a lot , even tho the aegis issue is still there since its too powerful or avoid a whole mechanic , i would at least go for the stability for each support cause the hfb having all the world utility and bonns is a bit absurd specialy that he got 4 sources of aegis which is very questionable to give him that much.

Now second small topic would be the UI custom , like why don't we have a custom option to change our ui like most of the mmos ? plus this one is getting outdated , and a small change wouldn't hurt , i would like to see an addon or an option to customize all my ui which is gonna a very fun addition to the game for lots of players , please dear anet this is the least fun things and problem fixes that could be solved in a very short time and doesn't require a lot of effort , and i hope it get adressed cause im realy tired of playing fb and i wanna play my alt healers to play the game how its supposed to be with flexibility options.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

You can give every support class an equal amount of options for boons, perhaps making the separate classes more flexible. But it would also serve to homogenize support classes to the point it doesn't matter which one you take because they all have the same options. It might make your class more flexible but across all classes it would mean a lot less flexibility. It would eliminate some of the class characteristics. A Firebrand is a Guardian and as such having lots of aegis and stability makes sense. It's what they are supposed to do. A Scourge is a Necromancer. Protecting the party isn't its main characteristic. Scourge has barrier to protect allies. Adding aegis to it would be overkill and make it more of a Guardian than a Necromancer. And if your team gets tossed around like ragdolls that just means they either don't anticipate the fight mechanics or are so used to OP support classes they just facetank everything, counting on others to heal/shield them and keep them alive. Giving support classes the same options is not flexibility. It's the opposite. It makes every single class meaningless because they can all do the same things, meaning it doesn't matter what you pick and you can just draw a random class.

Customizing a UI is fun? First time I heard that one. Do you just assume lots of people like that or do you assume that's the case because you happen to like it? Do you know GW2's code and how it's made? It seems you do because apparently implementing UI customization is a quick and easy addition to the game. And you also know how the game is supposed to be, because you decide that, not ANet?

I'm not saying ANet is the best, or that there is nothing that can be improved upon. But you are making a whole lot of assumptions and suggesting you know exactly how easy it is to change certain things that have been in the game since launch. You know how it will affect other aspects of the game, the time and resources needed to implement it and that a lot of people are anxiously waiting for them to do this. How many hundreds or thousands of players have you talked to to make this assertion? What percentage of the total player base are we talking about here? I'm "assuming" you have this information, because without it your assertions are baseless.

• Confused 1

19 hours ago, TheNecrosanct.4028 said:

You can give every support class an equal amount of options for boons, perhaps making the separate classes more flexible. But it would also serve to homogenize support classes to the point it doesn't matter which one you take because they all have the same options. It might make your class more flexible but across all classes it would mean a lot less flexibility. It would eliminate some of the class characteristics. A Firebrand is a Guardian and as such having lots of aegis and stability makes sense. It's what they are supposed to do. A Scourge is a Necromancer. Protecting the party isn't its main characteristic. Scourge has barrier to protect allies. Adding aegis to it would be overkill and make it more of a Guardian than a Necromancer. And if your team gets tossed around like ragdolls that just means they either don't anticipate the fight mechanics or are so used to OP support classes they just facetank everything, counting on others to heal/shield them and keep them alive. Giving support classes the same options is not flexibility. It's the opposite. It makes every single class meaningless because they can all do the same things, meaning it doesn't matter what you pick and you can just draw a random class.

Customizing a UI is fun? First time I heard that one. Do you just assume lots of people like that or do you assume that's the case because you happen to like it? Do you know GW2's code and how it's made? It seems you do because apparently implementing UI customization is a quick and easy addition to the game. And you also know how the game is supposed to be, because you decide that, not ANet?

I'm not saying ANet is the best, or that there is nothing that can be improved upon. But you are making a whole lot of assumptions and suggesting you know exactly how easy it is to change certain things that have been in the game since launch. You know how it will affect other aspects of the game, the time and resources needed to implement it and that a lot of people are anxiously waiting for them to do this. How many hundreds or thousands of players have you talked to to make this assertion? What percentage of the total player base are we talking about here? I'm "assuming" you have this information, because without it your assertions are baseless.

I understand your telling me that giving more boons variety to a class makes picking a speficif support is meaningless , but don't see the problem in lfg ? don't you see that 80% of the groups are asking mainly for fb ? why nobody type "need a druid" "need a tempest heal" i only see heal fb and scourge if its boneskinner only , this is a huge problem , there is legit no use for other classes if u can give aegis every 5 seconds and tons of stability , plus insane cleansing , whats the point bringing druid or eli or revenant nothing unique about them maybe ? it provides legit nothing than giving alacrity there is no unique boon that it gives , same goes with revenant , same goes for eli heal which probably u never see him in groups cause its a very weak healer compared to others , the only unique support here the one that gives boons , and boons should not  make the class unique , u should be able to pick whatever and go into any group , i say this is a poor support design , if you gonna give fb all the boons with a very short cd then why would u go druid ? why go revenant ? why even go eli ? nothing unique about those lol , stab/aegis/alac/quickness thats the strongest boons in the game and clearly a class that have it all will always be demanded , and the rest is gonna go slumber with their usless uniqueness that doesn't exist , maybe scourge cause he can pull res , well thats about it.

Also this ui thing i was talking about  was trending in the past a very long time even on redit and a lot of people were asking about it and they got ingnored by anet i guess ? i mean i dont know if its an easy task but the ability to move your ui and spells realy require that much work ? i mean how many devs are working there ? we are talking about the hardest game to make aka an mmo , with this content that is implemented in the game i will realy doubt its hard for them to do that , plus even in wvw there is tons of exploits in desert borderland that they never fixed , people glitching in keeps , i just feel like they are ignoring their playerbase and do whatever suits them , im not being angry or anything over anet , they are indeed doing a great job at improving this game , but i feel there is some things that need to be adressed cause im realy sick of hearing i need a fb , if you don't have a fb then no cm for you i guess then i should wait 30 min or mroe until a group that doesn't need it pops up ? doesn't make any sense.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, TheNecrosanct.4028 said:

You can give every support class an equal amount of options for boons, perhaps making the separate classes more flexible. But it would also serve to homogenize support classes to the point it doesn't matter which one you take because they all have the same options. It might make your class more flexible but across all classes it would mean a lot less flexibility. It would eliminate some of the class characteristics.

Why do so many people on these forums have this same misconception regarding what homogenization is? If they make everything the same, yes… that is homogenization… but simply expanding options or equalizing values is NOT.

They could add Stability and Aegis to more supports without making them homogenized. It all depends on the methods through which they deliver their boons, how much access they have to them, and what other boons they offer with it. Firebrand does heavy Aegis + Stability, another support could be heavy Aegis + Protection, and a third could be heavy Stability + Protection, and others may have reliable access to one or two of those buffs to lesser degrees… that doesn’t make them homogeneous it adds variety and choice… it keeps the current agency of deciding what boons are most important for the encounter while adding more viability to other choices.

• Thanks 1

On 10/8/2023 at 7:46 PM, TheNecrosanct.4028 said:

It makes every single class meaningless because they can all do the same things, meaning it doesn't matter what you pick and you can just draw a random class.

the audacity! people bringing what they enjoy while still providing a boon that removes like half of all encounters mechanics and is considered mandatory for some of them? hfb stocks would never recover!

how about anet designs either encounters so there no need for those few especs every other fight, or designs specs so theres some way, with different drawbacks/quirks splashed on it for each prof, to provide whats basically a needed buff? well, that would be like every other game in a genre, and anet just loves being diffrent.

actually, why is stability even a thing? in pve at least, why would anyone learn dodging those pesky cc, when it actually both lowers your damage and also requires using your brain to learn fights so you can anticipate said cc? while you can just slap stability, and maybe more heals/aegis to def call it a day.

what a way to design an encounter. so many options, right?...

anyway, realistically speaking, specs will continue to have drawbacks for nothing but being different, while all this thread will do is highlight how people that play gw2 (more like complain on a forum?) basically only have guild wars as their mmo background. dont take this the wrong way 😉

Homogenization is a good thing when it comes to core gameplay like being pretty much equally capable of dealing, absorbing/taking, and recovering from damage selfishly.

Homogenization is a bad thing when it comes to relatively passive and indirect outbound support on group-wide effects via passive stat modifiers, or really any given selection of any given single metric of measuring class efficacy.

With the latter, you have definitive best-classes and a squeeze where people push even harder into an even more constrained set of optima.

Assume all classes now have equal boon support opportunities.  Now which do people start demanding:  The one with more or less damage output?

Anything that isn't comparable gets thrown away.  And this is how we're in the stupid power-crept state we're in.