[WvW/PvP] - Shield Master Needs A Rework

SleepyBat.9034

Hey Anet, you should probably consider adjusting Shield Master so Warriors aren't permanently immune to projectile attacks. We can all agree that Shield Masters's interaction with Aegis is unhealthy for balance. It's a little frustrating to be told "you don't do enough damage" and "you arent ever going to beat me" by a Bladesworn when you know the reason you can't do any damage is that none of your skills connect and those that do can't even pierce their perma 2k+ barrier.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Would be really surprised if it isn't changed in the next update, alongside another reduction in sustain to both BSW and Zerk.
Pretty sure a decent bladesworn has enough sustain to survive most projectile builds even without aegis reflects, so when you slap that on top it's even more in their favor.
Losing a ranged battle to gunsaber 1 spam is extremely funny.

57 minutes ago, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

Pls

I really need this for savage leap

I'm not done leap-parrying magic bullet by deflecting it with my chest

Oh my god 

dont

Isn't condition berserker overperforming in pvp currently? This sounds like a win/win. Anyway, I'd be willing to weaken zerker slightly if it means bladesworn won't be immortal anymore.

Edited by SleepyBat.9034

17 minutes ago, SleepyBat.9034 said:

Isn't condition berserker overperforming in pvp currently? This sounds like a win/win. Anyway, I'd be willing to weaken zerker slightly if it means bladesworn won't be immortal anymore.

I want

to play

power zerk AAAAAA

hyperbole aside this is the same dumb warrior flowchart we've always been in. Warrior power builds suck, we get changes, some tank nonsense that was -already- kind of working before the patch becomes even stronger, people get mad, we get nerfed, the sucky power builds get worse because they also get axed to fix the tank things that were already kind of working, then we get months of people lamenting warrior not working. 

From another thread on this topic:

This is true. 

Yes, Bladesworn aegis making them a walking projectile hate field is annoying. It needs to get addressed. Howecer, shield master's interaction affords a shred of interaction to the numerous other warrior builds that aren't bladesworn, which up to this point were completely shut down by anyone with a ranged weapon that wasn't another warrior. For example, Savage leap now has some breathing room versus heavy ranged pressure as long as it doesn't block a melee hit midleap, which was sorely needed for squishy zerker builds.

bladesworn and condi zerk adjustments only, thanks~

If condi zerk is too tank fix condi zerk. shave skullgrinder so akeem doesn't work on it, and for bladesworn increase the cooldowns on aegis proccing traits while increasing Dragon trigger damage, and give them a pinch of on demand stab so they can get some of those dragon triggers off without being interrupted. 

Condi Zerk being annoying is not a justification for power zerk getting worse and worse and worse over time. Fix both of the overperforming builds, but in a way that leaves power variants alone, please and thanks.

Edited by Azure The Heartless.3261

On 10/10/2023 at 2:18 PM, SleepyBat.9034 said:

Hey Anet, you should probably consider adjusting Shield Master so Warriors aren't permanently immune to projectile attacks. We can all agree that Shield Masters's interaction with Aegis is unhealthy for balance. It's a little frustrating to be told "you don't do enough damage" and "you arent ever going to beat me" by a Bladesworn when you know the reason you can't do any damage is that none of your skills connect and those that do can't even pierce their perma 2k+ barrier.

I think what you mean to say is  "ANET pls look at bladesworns aegis interaction with the shield master trait." 

Edited by cjttruelife.9172