Nevermore IV achievement bugged

I'm having trouble with Friend of the Owls (from Protect the owl spirits from Jormag's minions) and Friend of the Owl (from Defeat the Svanir hunters before they kill all the owls around Owl's Abattoir in Snowden Drifts) in Nevermore IV. Both follow on from Kill the Svanir shaman before he completes the Dragon totem - and that has been bugged since the Nevermore collections were introduced, October 2015 if my googling is correct. 

So, first, happy eighth birthday to Nevermore's bugs; and second, anything I can do to get around this aside from hoping for a map reset?

Edited by rotheche.2964
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

I was waiting for hours at the Owl Waypoint for either event to start. Seeing how the game has world bosses spawn every two hours or so, this doesn't seem normal. Hopefully it was just my map instance(?) that was bugged.

Edit: I have also tried completing the event chain for 'Protect the owl spirits from Jormag's minions', but the chain does not continue after completion of 'Kill the Svanir shaman before he completes the Dragon totem'

Edited by iqos.8235
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, iqos.8235 said:

I was waiting for hours at the Owl Waypoint for either event to start. Seeing how the game has world bosses spawn every two hours or so, this doesn't seem normal. Hopefully it was just my map instance(?) that was bugged.

Edit: I have also tried completing the event chain for 'Protect the owl spirits from Jormag's minions', but the chain does not continue after completion of 'Kill the Svanir shaman before he completes the Dragon totem'

Oh right was that the one were you have to let the kill the svanir shaman before he complete dragon totem to fail so you could get the correct event.

Been awhile so maybe try that.

Yes, I completed that one too, but it didn't trigger the next event. I was camping the Owl waypoint while checking up on the nearby npc(Ulgadis) to no avail.

Edit: Now the 'Kill the Svanir shaman before he completes the Dragon totem' event is not even spawning.

Edited by iqos.8235
  • Sad 1

I spent the last three hours wandering between Svannijem Hold ('murder the Svanir shaman before he completes the Dragon totem') and Owl Waypoint ('Protect the owl spirits from Jormag's henchmen' and 'Defeat the Svanir hunters before they murder all the owls'). None of these events occurred, and joining other worlds as a guest also did not work.

I met others who were also forced to camp at Svannijem Hold, hardstuck in the last phases of this legendary journey, which makes me to believe that this bug has existed for some time and has yet to be rectified, so I shouldn't expect a quick remedy anytime soon.

Hopefully, I'll be available to get into the game as soon as the next patch is released and the map is reset.

• Sad 1

Jumping in here as well.  I'm stuck on the same collection items/event.  Have you managed to figure this out yet?  I've seen people wandering around with the Nevermore staff, so I know it's possible to do, but it seems crazy to have to wait until a patch to be able to complete the event. 

I've tried multiple re-logs, server guesting, waiting, etc.  I also see people talk about a bugged NPC, but I can't figure out which NPC that might be.  Not sure if anyone in this thread may know...

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, jevansvdx.1234 said:

Jumping in here as well.  I'm stuck on the same collection items/event.  Have you managed to figure this out yet?  I've seen people wandering around with the Nevermore staff, so I know it's possible to do, but it seems crazy to have to wait until a patch to be able to complete the event. 

I've tried multiple re-logs, server guesting, waiting, etc.  I also see people talk about a bugged NPC, but I can't figure out which NPC that might be.  Not sure if anyone in this thread may know...

I ran into the same people I met yesterday while camping at Svannijem Hold.

There is no word on Svanir shaman.

Edited by iqos.8235

Unfortunately I suspect we will not see a repair soon.  I exchanged some messages with Customer Support, who essentially told me to find an instance where the event was working as intended if the instance I was currently in was not working as intended.  Thanks a lot, CS!  Here is the last thing they sent me after I asked to escalate the ticket:

We understand the importance of this request. Unfortunately, I can only reiterate that we will not be able to provide assistance in this case as it is true that we don't have a feature on our end that could forcely start an event for achievements like this one. As much as we could do more for you, we can only ask for your understanding.

Additionally, issues like this are complex to resolve, and the time it takes to fix them can vary widely based on the severity and complexity of each issue. Because of this we are unable to provide a timeframe in which the issue might be resolved.

So, I guess we can only give them our understanding and work on a different legendary--that's what I'm getting from Support.

• 2 months later...