Confused emote reminds me of this:

Last Crab.6054

Confused reacts are expected. Half these threads wouldn't exist if everyone had a basic understanding of how classes work. You also can't expect people who don't know how they work to say anything that requires they know how they work.

People here are quick to point out any mistakes in reasoning if you make them. Confusion is a personal problem. 

Edited by Azure The Heartless.3261
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

People use the confused emote because there is no downvote, no thumbsdown, and no "I disagree" emote. I'm sure that you know this.

So basically you just don't want people ever disagree with you. You don't want to allow people to do anything except like your post. Well, communicating with other people just doesn't work that way. You're just going to have to learn to deal with that.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 6
  • Confused 2

7 minutes ago, Peregrine Falcon.5496 said:

People use the confused emote because there is no downvote, no thumbsdown, and no "I disagree" emote. I'm sure that you know this.

So basically you just don't want people ever disagree with you. You don't want to allow people to do anything except like your post. Well, communicating with other people just doesn't work that way. You're just going to have to learn to deal with that.

It must be hard to type " I disagree", and defintely harder to type out why.

How about also not making up a scenario of my views on communication and scolding me lol.

Edited by Last Crab.6054
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 5

Just now, Last Crab.6054 said:

11 minutes ago, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

Confused reacts are expected. Half these threads wouldn't exist if everyone had a basic understanding of how classes work. You also can't expect people who don't know how they work to say anything that requires they know how they work.

People here are quick to point out any mistakes in reasoning if you make them. Confusion is a personal problem. 

So taking a stance on something without any knowledge is common?

• Confused 2

6 minutes ago, Last Crab.6054 said:

I disagree.

The presence of a confused emoji doesn't in any way limit the ability of people to engage in civil discourse. I've seen a great many threads wherein people engaged in many pages of civil discourse despite the presence of a large number of confused emojis. If someone putting a confused emoji on your post suddenly makes it impossible for you to engage in civil discourse then I would like to suggest, respectfully of course, that the problem is one that you are having, not other people.

Your reaction to my post has only further reinforced my belief that you just don't want people to disagree with you. My stating my opinion in this manner isn't scolding, as you put it, it's simply me expressing my opinion. Clearly typing "I disagree" isn't hard, as you put it. It's just that some people simply want to show that they disagree with you without having to take the time to post, or to write a post an then open themselves up to being attacked and/or insulted, as you seem to be attempting to do to me. An attempt that has failed by the way, and will continue to fail, as I don't actually care about your opinion of me, or about anything you say about me. However, some people feel differently and honestly don't wish to be attacked or insulted. For them it's simply easier to just place a confused emoji on your post and then move on.

Please remember before you place a confused emoji on this post, just as you did on my previous post, that I've done exactly what you wanted. I typed "I disagree" and then explained why. I also did so in a way that falls well within the bounds of civil discourse, something that you said was limited by the mere presence of the confused emoji. It seems what you really meant was confused emojis limit your ability to participate in civil discourse. Hopefully you can take some reassurance in knowing that others don't experience this same limitation.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

4 minutes ago, Peregrine Falcon.5496 said:

I disagree.

The presence of a confused emoji doesn't in any way limit the ability of people to engage in civil discourse. I've seen a great many threads wherein people engaged in many pages of civil discourse despite the presence of a large number of confused emojis. If someone putting a confused emoji on your post suddenly makes it impossible for you to engage in civil discourse then I would like to suggest, respectfully of course, that the problem is one that you are having, not other people.

Your reaction to my post has only further reinforced my belief that you just don't want people to disagree with you. My stating my opinion in this manner isn't scolding, as you put it, it's simply me expressing my opinion. Clearly typing "I disagree" isn't hard, as you put it. It's just that some people simply want to show that they disagree with you without having to take the time to post, or to write a post an then open themselves up to being attacked and/or insulted, as you seem to be attempting to do to me. An attempt that has failed by the way, and will continue to fail, as I don't actually care about your opinion of me, or about anything you say about me. However, some people feel differently and honestly don't wish to be attacked or insulted. For them it's simply easier to just place a confused emoji on your post and then move on.

Please remember before you place a confused emoji on this post, just as you did on my previous post, that I've done exactly what you wanted. I typed "I disagree" and then explained why. I also did so in a way that falls well within the bounds of civil discourse, something that you said was limited by the mere presence of the confused emoji. It seems what you really meant was confused emojis limit your ability to participate in civil discourse. Hopefully you can take some reassurance in knowing that others don't experience this same limitation.

I responded beyond an emote.

And it doesn't seem hard for you to write a 500 word essay, so I wouldn't think even for the common gw2 forum visitor, a few sentences would exceed that.

Edited by Last Crab.6054
  • Confused 6

1 minute ago, Last Crab.6054 said:

I responded beyond an emote.

And it doesn't seem hard for you to write a 500 word essay, so I wouldn't think even for the common gw2 forum visitor, a few sentences would exceed that.

1) Yes, I know. I specifically addressed that in my post.

2) No, it isn't for me. I did however explain why some people might not want to do that.

You responded very quickly to my post and, based off of your response, it appears to me that you didn't even read my post. This makes me wonder if the people who respond to your posts by simply putting a confused emoji on your post and then moving on aren't making the better decision. In any case, since it appears to me that you're not even reading my posts I will no longer respond to you. Peace.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Peregrine Falcon.5496 said:

1) Yes, I know. I specifically addressed that in my post.

2) No, it isn't for me. I did however explain why some people might not want to do that.

You responded very quickly to my post and, based off of your response, it appears to me that you didn't even read my post. This makes me wonder if the people who respond to your posts by simply putting a confused emoji on your post and then moving on aren't making the better decision. In any case, since it appears to me that you're not even reading my posts I will no longer respond to you. Peace.

500 words if that is what it is, doesn't take that long for me to read. I'm not planted in front of a computer atm, and wanted to respond at least, because we can see who is in the room.

But, ok, bye.

• Confused 5

I love the idea of this being a potential metric for whoever handles analytics and forum interaction. 

Oh - google analytics is showing 15 confused emojis events on this post, let's check it out!

Welp, that was pointless. 

I don't really know what the emoticons were supposed to do. Metrics or just some cute way of interacting and a fun little pet project of one of the website devs. Idk. I definitely don't think it's serving any legit purpose at this point. Still mad props to the ui/ux team. The notification system, the ui, the responsiveness, are all so good. 

But anyway - 😕😕 😕 😕 😕 

5 confused face rating for this thread.

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Bast.7253 said:

I love the idea of this being a potential metric for whoever handles analytics and forum interaction. 

Oh - google analytics is showing 15 confused emojis events on this post, let's check it out!

Welp, that was pointless. 

I don't really know what the emoticons were supposed to do. Metrics or just some cute way of interacting and a fun little pet project of one of the website devs. Idk. I definitely don't think it's serving any legit purpose at this point. Still mad props to the ui/ux team. The notification system, the ui, the responsiveness, are all so good. 

But anyway - 😕😕 😕 😕 😕 

5 confused face rating for this thread.

I'm at 7 right now lol.

• Confused 3

13 hours ago, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

My guy have you seen reddit? 

Why are you valuing a confused emoji more than they value forming a well rounded opinion? Don't do that.  

Ur not wrong but what's worse is the devs and most high end gw2 pvp players avoid the pvp forums like the plague for past few years due to its well beyond meme status for reasons u already stated. I mean I've heard many comment as such and even mention reddit as being a superior source for discussions, and that's sad haha.

Same old same old. 

Dude puts hot takes in the forum. 

People "down vote" said hot takes. 

Dude gets pissed of about being down voted. 

People spam down vote because dude basically asks for it by now. 

Dude gets even more pissed and digs his own grave by fighting an unwinnable comment war.

Can we please just get the down vote button back? 

Edited by DanAlcedo.3281
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1