Games with similar combat to gw2 (pvp)

Daltar.9183

Is anyone aware of games with pvp combat similar to gw2? I mean games with active dodge roll mechanics, and skill based combat (no gear required).  I just really cant stand the downed combat aspect I feel like it has no place in a pvp environment. 

Edited by Daltar.9183
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Downstate is the reason I cringe when I read people's comments that say GW2 has the best pvp in MMOs.

The rest of the combat mechanics feel like it was designed for player vs player, because the crisp fluidity of the combat doesn't seem necessary for enemy npc's. 

Downstate in PVE is very much fine, but in the arenas not so much, in my opinion.

Those who find it to be good won't be swayed, and currently they have the high ground, as it is already in game.

Edited by Last Crab.6054
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Last Crab.6054 said:

Downstate is the reason I cringe when I read people's comments that say GW2 has the best pvp in MMOs.

The rest of the combat mechanics feel like it was designed for player vs player, because the crisp fluidity of the combat doesn't seem necessary for enemy npc's. 

Downstate in PVE is very much fine, but in the arenas not so much, in my opinion.

Those who find it to be good won't be swayed, and currently they have the high ground, as it is already in game.

No downstate is one of the things we could have as mini season that ppl would prolly enjoy more than this horrid deathmatch in terrible maps

Would be interesting to watch if the winning strats would be the same as regular conquest.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Khalisto.5780 said:

No downstate is one of the things we could have as mini season that ppl would prolly enjoy more than this horrid deathmatch in terrible maps

Would be interesting to watch if the winning strats would be the same as regular conquest.

That would be a great idea at least to test how people like it. My guess is that people who are used to wow pvp and other games would be much more likely to try GW2 pvp without the downed state. 

• Like 1