Next "Balance" Date?

Echostorm.9143

If...
If the next batch of SotO content hits on the 7th of November, as most clues show, we only have 2 potential patch days left. (since Anette anounced that they'd give us a balance patch BEFORE the next quarterly update)
These days are the 24th and the 31st of October. All patches, or well, all of the patches I know of, came on Tuesdays, and balance previews came 1-2 weeks before the patch on a Friday. Unless they're planning to give the previews on the Friday right before the patch, which would only give us 4 days to theorycraft, whine or God forbid praise their work, we're not getting a patch in the forseable future. Mind you this "calculation" only works if the rumours about a potential nov7 patch are true.
I doubt they'd release a full-fledged balance patch along with a quarterly SotO update, and I don't want them to go back on their promises, defecate on communication and not release a preview an appropriate time before the actual patch. They promised a balance patch for the August-October period, and the clock's ticking. If the hotfix for the outlying builds was indeed the promised patch, you'd have to bring a shovel to find the "bar".
I'd  very much like to respect the devs' time and not tag them, but if we could get a word from Cal "CNC" Machinery or Roy "Rob Roy" Roy, that would be amazing.

TLDR
Best case scenario 31st. Worst case, no effing clue. News from devs would be kool.

Edited by vozahlaas.3514
punctuation
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, vozahlaas.3514 said:

If...
If the next batch of SotO content hits on the 7th of November, as most clues show, we only have 2 potential patch days left. (since Anette anounced that they'd give us a balance patch BEFORE the next quarterly update)
These days are the 24th and the 31st of October. All patches, or well, all of the patches I know of, came on Tuesdays, and balance previews came 1-2 weeks before the patch on a Friday. Unless they're planning to give the previews on the Friday right before the patch, which would only give us 4 days to theorycraft, whine or God forbid praise their work, we're not getting a patch in the forseable future. Mind you this "calculation" only works if the rumours about a potential nov7 patch are true.
I doubt they'd release a full-fledged balance patch along with a quarterly SotO update, and I don't want them to go back on their promises, defecate on communication and not release a preview an appropriate time before the actual patch. They promised a balance patch for the August-October period, and the clock's ticking. If the hotfix for the outlying builds was indeed the promised patch, you'd have to bring a shovel to find the "bar".
I'd  very much like to respect the devs' time and not tag them, but if we could get a word from Cal "CNC" Machinery or Roy "Rob Roy" Roy, that would be amazing.

TLDR
Best case scenario 31st. Worst case, no effing clue. News from devs would be kool.

Then the plans have changed because the next patch is on 7th November and there won't be any patch before it. There is a minimum period between patches and that's 2 weeks.

ANerf has managed to spook players with their updates so much that they're now dreading the release date of each new patch. It's a sight I've never witnessed before. It's both disgusting and saddening at the same time... I love this game so much, it truly hurts to see all of this.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, Antrix.4512 said:

ANerf has managed to spook players with their updates so much that they're now dreading the release date of each new patch. It's a sight I've never witnessed before. It's both disgusting and saddening at the same time... I love this game so much, it truly hurts to see all of this.

Balance Patches are something to fear, not celebrate. 

What are they gonna destroy next? 

What rework that we waited years for, advertised as a buff, made things actually worse? 

What elite spec is getting deleted next for atleast a year? 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

Balance Patches are something to fear, not celebrate. 

What are they gonna destroy next? 

What rework that we waited years for, advertised as a buff, made things actually worse? 

What elite spec is getting deleted next for atleast a year? 

I'm worried about my thief. Given the trend of the recent patches, I've already reduced my playtime significantly (I mostly log in occasionally to do some dailies). But if they ruin the thief, I'll probably switch to something like FF14 or just give up on MMOs at all. I also suspect that the Revenants might face some hardships soon, given how well they've been doing lately (I mean this in a good way, since Revenant is my second favorite class).

Honestly, it's painful to watch all of this unfold. This is literally the best game in its genre with the best community - how can ANerf not value this and continuously attempt to ruin it? They've even stopped publishing preliminary patch notes, and apart from Rockstar, I don't know any other game developer that does this.

• Like 2

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/studio-update-guild-wars-2-in-autumn-and-winter-2023/

- "You can look forward to a skills and balance update on November 28."

- "Plus the new relics we just mentioned, this Friday, October 27, on our Twitch channel."

- "Speaking of November 28—this is also an important day because you will get your first chance to try out a new weapon on your favorite profession!"

"As always, we appreciate your feedback beforehand" - 🤭

Edited by XenesisII.1540
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Beddo.1907 said:

On top of my head under 1 year, July 18th follow up patch. Majority of changes applied were suggested on the feedback post.

You mean the panic patch to quiet the backlash because they took no feedback for the june patch. Seems you suffer from selective memory too. 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

20 minutes ago, XenesisII.1540 said:

You mean the panic patch to quiet the backlash because they took no feedback for the june patch. Seems you suffer from selective memory too. 🤷‍♂️

I see absolutely no reason why a standard follow up patch would be a "panic patch" and even assuming it was one, it still followed feedback, which doesn't nullify my statement.  Also your last comment makes no logical sense in this scenario.

• Confused 2

11 minutes ago, Beddo.1907 said:

I see absolutely no reason why a standard follow up patch would be a "panic patch" and even assuming it was one, it still followed feedback, which doesn't nullify my statement.  Also your last comment makes no logical sense in this scenario.

Their standard is quarterly balance patches, not monthly, and not follow ups. 🤷‍♂️

It was a panic patch. 🤷‍♂️

Last balance patch didn't even have a preview for feedback. 🤷‍♂️

Next patch will have a stream, I'm sure it will be terrible as usual. 🤷‍♂️

🥱

• Confused 1

8 minutes ago, XenesisII.1540 said:

Their standard is quarterly balance patches, not monthly, and not follow ups. 🤷‍♂️

🥱

I see you've gave up on an actual conversation. K then.

18 minutes ago, XenesisII.1540 said:

🥱

Actually they quite literally have done and spoken about doing follow up patches and said they are coming. I'm just as critical of ANet, but ignoring the physical facts of the circumstances is disingenuous.

Though it is true they did not do any preview for the SOTO follow-ups, which I do think was foolish because it shifted from the trend...which when you're ANet and already have significant issues with communication and transparency you can not break trends like that.

• Like 1

I think the SotO patch was basically the weaponmaster thing, with subsequent patches trying to rerail that trainwreck (50k scourge anyone?)

With that said, the fact that we are back to the usual and preferred preview the changes > look at feedback > change if needed cadence are good news.

I don't appreciate this "kitten if you do, kitten if you don't" philosophy this corner of the internet tends to gravitate towards. Like, if you complain both when they do a preview and when they don't what you aren't appreciating is the effort Anet has put on balance. Last we heard they have 3 people working on something necessary that has no actual economic benefit for them.

I also think these patches don't appear in a vacuum: Given this patch will release at the same time as the new weapons beta, I think some of the changes will work greatly with the new weapon roles and strengths.

We are bound to have some nerfs to overperforming builds, of course. Some of them will be presented as buffs, but will be perceived as nerfs since they'll change some of the current meta builds. But I guess that's what balancing means, no?

• Like 1