How Is Everyone "Bluring" During A Finisher???

Not Trying.4901

I seen warriors do it, hunters, mesmers of course, and I'm sure other classes too.

They use it while channeling a finisher right on top of you, without interrupting the channel, has that mesmer blur effect to it, I tried doing a dodge (as a revenant) during my finishers, and It does nothing.

What gives?

15 minutes ago, Not Trying.4901 said:

I seen warriors do it, hunters, mesmers of course, and I'm sure other classes too.

They use it while channeling a finisher right on top of you, without interrupting the channel, has that mesmer blur effect to it, I tried doing a dodge (as a revenant) during my finishers, and It does nothing.

What gives?

not sure what you mean with warrior blurr but its a mesmer skill they get invulnerable. 

Since you decided to make your life harder with a class that is inferior to the classes you mentioned well..

Just now, chaoslordlol.3165 said:

not sure what you mean with warrior blurr but its a mesmer skill they get invulnerable. 

Since you decided to make your life harder with a class that is inferior to the classes you mentioned well..

Talking about a dodge frame that lasts maybe a second, has a visual blur effect, that seemingly every class can do, but me?

Like I said I have seen a variety of classes do it, so it's not a mesmer thing. I remember a guardian doing it also.

probably an instant cast skill going off when they stomp. Every class has some method of safe stomping. Most of these will cause VFX to appear around the player that will either blur or obscure their character model. 

Guardians can use their instant casts like Retreat, mantra of solace / liberation, virtue of courage, virtue of justice, ect. to either gain aegis, stabilty, or apply blindness to you while stomping. 

The aegis visual effect can blur their model temporarily as the blue shield appears. 

Engis can pop elixir U while stomping for a quick burst of stab. it also gives quickness which blurs the player model while active. 

Eles can arcane shield, mist form, swap to earth to proc stab, swap to fire to apply burn and blind. All of which will obscure the player with particle effects. 

Thieves can stealth, port mid stomp, or place down blind fields.

As a Rev, you could use a skill like https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Gaze_of_Darkness to instantly apply blindness while stomping and prevent them from interrupting you. 

• Like 2

Whenever something is happening that you don't understand, it is helpful to start recording (or at least make screenshots). Reviewing footage might not only allow you to figure stuff out yourself (it is very easy to miss something during the fast paced and "visually busy" combat), but also enables you to post said footage in addition to your question, so others can actually provide helpful answers instead of relying on guesswork what you might be talking about.

• Thanks 1