Abysmal load times

I know this topic has been discussed many times on here but i cant find a clear answer for a good resolution to the issue. The load time varies from map to map anywhere from 60 seconds to 3+ minutes, Lion's Arch and Divinity's Reach being the worst at well over 5 minutes to load in and spawn in all npcs. I've turned down all of my graphical settings to lowest with little effect on my load times. I know its not my rig nor my internet, I just want a solution so I can enjoy the game without having to figure out what to do while I take 3-5 business days to load. Here are my specs

Intel I5-12600K @4.9 GHz

32 GB DDR4 Ram

Acer RTX3060 TI

Installed on an M.2 NVME SSD with over a TB of space left

Stable internet with 900+ MBps

Only other app open is my NZXT Cam and all of my AAA titles run just fine at max graphics with no frame spikes or load issues.

It sounds like something may have gotten corrupt in the GW2 files over time. Please try the following (instructions below pasted from the GW2 help articles for easy access):

1. Delete the GW2 cache
  2. Repair the client

Instructions for #1:

1. Completely close the game.
  2. Hold down the Windows and R key to open the Run prompt.
  3. Type %temp% in the box that appears and click OK.
  4. Find any folders named "gw2cache-(code)" and delete them.
  5. Example: gw2cache-(50641E0B-3AD4-1601-081E-6450D43A0116)
  6. Re-launch the game.

Instructions for #2:

1. Locate your Gw2.exe file.
  2. Right-click on the file and select Create shortcut.
  3. Rename this new shortcut to Guild Wars 2 Repair.
  4. Right-click on Guild Wars 2 Repair and select Properties.
  5. Locate the Target line and add –repair to the end. (Example: "C:\Games\Guild Wars 2\gw2.exe" -repair)
  6. Click OK.
  7. Now double-click the Guild Wars 2 Repair shortcut. This will begin repairing your game client automatically. The game will then launch when it is complete.

NOTE: Keep in mind that the verification and repair process will run each time you double-click the Guild Wars 2 Repair shortcut; if you would like to play the game without repairing the archive, double-click on Gw2.exe or another shortcut without the -repair command in the 'Target' line.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1