Ele WvW builds

Mhina.1827

Hey guys,

I guess it's fair to say that in WvW I typically play bladesworn and thief, but admittedly, I'm trying to hang up my thief hat. I simply no longer enjoy gw2's particular brand of cloak and dagger the way I used to.  I've been absolutely enthralled with elementalist lately and the sheer amount of options available to you on the class as I leveled one from 1 to 80. I was wondering what builds you guys might recommend for WvW, as that's my favorite gamemode and I certainly intend to try out Ele there. Thanks!

Depends on what you like to do in wvw and how you like to play. Zerg builds are very different to small scale and roaming builds. A preference for something tanky and bruiser like will be different from something glassy and/or hit and run style.

Ele can kinda do a bit of everything, depending on what you like, especially in wvw where you can customise stats.

4 hours ago, Exzen.2976 said:

Depends on what you like to do in wvw and how you like to play. Zerg builds are very different to small scale and roaming builds. A preference for something tanky and bruiser like will be different from something glassy and/or hit and run style.

Ele can kinda do a bit of everything, depending on what you like, especially in wvw where you can customise stats.

Thanks for all of the replies guys! And yes, I didn't realize that I never specified. I am primarily solo roaming or small scale fighting!

For roaming (or very small groups) I use this:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PGwAsihlZwaYesMWJOWPntdA-D2IY1or/MiUi0rqQhXFCQ46m3C9zWAA-w

It has excellent sustain through self-aura spam, which gives you both protection and healing. I usually run sc/d for weapons but occasionally swap to d/d for fights against NPCs (or players that are melee only -- wouldn't recommend d/d for fights against long-range players). You COULD use focus on off-hand, but the mobility from off-hand dagger on air, and CC from both air and earth are hard to give up. You have a small amount of ally healing and cleanse through off-hand dagger in water, as well as area heal + magnetic aura with Aftershock, tho you can swap that out for anything you prefer. It's incredibly tanky, and you can do a good amount of damage while in fire or earth attune (burn and bleed stack, respectively).

Side note: you can swap out earth trait line for water 2/3/2 for an aura-share/heal build for small groups without changing much else around. Not great for a zerg, but fantastic utility for small groups, tho you lose the ability to have on-demand auras from the signet skills.

Edited by igmolicious.5986

I make off-meta ele builds/content on YT, you may find some of it inspiring for your own builds.

If I had to pick one build as a "meta" build, it would be fire 122 arcane 331 full celestial hammer catalyst (311) with eagle rune/speed relic. But I only use it when I'm forced to because I'm fighting something really cheesy.

Here is a recent one:

Sword Weaver builds:

I have a lot more but I don't want to spam this thread with them. GLHF.

P.S. Jen's builds are basic