Question about trading post fee

KnivEs.2908

Hi guys, today i made some trades and after read some of the feed topics i have a doubt, first, if im a buyer i can post a item request without losin money because the fee is only for the seller right? then if i wanna change my offer i can cancell it anytime and make a new one without lose gold?

And the second one is: If im a seller, in the same way, i can post a seller item and later change my price without lose money? or anytime i post i get a fee even when noone buy the item? I know if i sell the item i get a fee but i dont know if i get some only with post the item...  

39 minutes ago, KnivEs.2908 said:

Hi guys, today i made some trades and after read some of the feed topics i have a doubt, first, if im a buyer i can post a item request without losin money because the fee is only for the seller right? then if i wanna change my offer i can cancell it anytime and make a new one without lose gold?

And the second one is: If im a seller, in the same way, i can post a seller item and later change my price without lose money? or anytime i post i get a fee even when noone buy the item? I know if i sell the item i get a fee but i dont know if i get some only with post the item...  

If you are a buyer you dont lose any gold even if you change offers.

If you are a seller however you always lose the 5% listing fee when changing the price of your item.

Otherwise you could either just relist when ever someone undercut you buy 1 copper or use the trading post as infinite bank storage by listing stuff you want to keep to sell for 10k gold and the withdrawing it without losing gold.

• Like 4

The trading post fee is 15%, always.

The trading post fee is completely üayed by the seller (the buyer in general only has to worry about a higher price point because many sell listings are higher than buy listings).

The fee is divided up into 5% listing fee and 10% transaction fee.

In case of instant selling, both the listing and transaction fee apply.

Unlisting an item does not return the listing fee.

Edited by Cyninja.2954
  • Like 2

The buyer does not pay anything up-front and so will get all of their gold back if they cancel a listing.

The seller has to pay 5% up-front (taken from your wallet) to list an item and will not get that back when the listing is cancelled. As mentioned this is to discourage constantly re-listing items to keep them at the top of the list and using the TP as extra bank stuff by listing items for prices that will never sell.

When the sale goes through 10% of the total is automatically kept by the TP - so the seller gets 10% less than the buyer pays. You can see that as the buyer paying 10% extra, the seller getting 10% less or both contributing 5% each.

Unless you want to calculate exact profits or you're flipping items with a very low profit margin there's only 2 situations where you really need to think about it:
1) Listing items when you have very little gold in your wallet - you might find you're unable to pay the listing fee so you'll need to get a bit of gold from somewhere else first.
2) Listing very expensive items - you'll want to make sure you're listing it for a reasonable price so you don't waste the fee, and may need to save up a bit first to afford it.

• Like 2