Legendaries vs Skins...

KnivEs.2908

Hi guys, i wanna know your opinion about some skins, and how good are vs his legendary... for example, i love the vermilions bows and specially vs the kudzu (i dont like it at all) i usually wear the vermilion skin in my kudzu, but what do you think of the aurenes, do you like more the looks then some of the skins?.. do you prefer the effects the legendaries give and dosent matter if some skins looks better?  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KnivEs.2908 said:

Hi guys, i wanna know your opinion about some skins, and how good are vs his legendary...

1 hour ago, Vilin.8056 said:

To me it isn't individually which skin looks better! but rather which skin fits the character's overall presentation.

That is such a matter of personal taste and opinion that I'm not sure what you are trying to get from other players, OP. Me? I generally go along the lines that Vilin is suggesting. I use skins that fit a given alt's look. I have a number of first gen legendary weapons atm and there are only a couple who's look I love so much that I'll just use the leggy as is, rather than putting a skin on it that suits the alt's appearance. Those two are the Dreamer shortbow and the Predator rifle. All the other weapons and all my leggy armor are reskinned to fit the individual alt. Heck, with my WvW main, I re-dye them every week to match our server's color that week and will also reskin the leggy weapons every week to fit the new colors. Other players of course will have their own ideas about how to shape the appearance of their alts.

• Like 2

All my characters have a certain aesthetic and that's what my choice of skins is based on. Out of 22 characters on 1.5 use legendary armor skins. Even though I like a lot of the legendary skins I rarely use them, for this reason. And with the exception of the Elder Dragon legendary variants the weapons aren't really suitable for creating a specific look because of the variety in gen1 and gen2 legendary weapons, so by far most of my legendary weapons are transmuted.

To answer OP's question: skins aren't good or bad, versus legendaries or whatever. I could go for the most basic skins if that's what the character's aesthetic is going to be. It's just all personal preference and no one's will be exactly the same.

• Like 1

I, too, always use the skins that fit the character best. Though many legendaries have lovely footfalls, their skins don't really fit or are overly flashy (and often oversized), which is another reason I mainly use reskinned legendaries for both, weapons and armor.

Only my WvW Necro is sporting the legendary WvW set, and from all legendary weapon skins I own, only Nevermore, The Flameseeker Prophecies, Sharur, Xiuquatl, Rodgort, Aurene's staff, and Mordremoth's and Jormag's axes have ever seen the light of day on my account.

Edit: Oh, I forgot Kraitkin and Frenzy! 🥰

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

I go by what fits the character too, but I also need to like it myself, especially for something expensive and time-comsuming to get like legendaries. Even if it fits their theme I'm not going to spend ages getting something I don't love looking at.

You'll never get a definitive answer on which are the best skins because it's purely personal preference. Even if the majority of players said they like, or dislike, a certain skin why should that matter more than whether you like it? They're your characters, you're the one who has to look at them so you're the one who needs to like them.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, genjonah.1253 said:

Honestly that’s what I like best about the Aurene legendaries- you can fit them to the aesthetic of whites, blues, oranges, purples, greens, etc, and they still LOOK legendary and have the animations. Understand that it’s an EXPENSIVE route if you want to take it, but it works 

Really bro??? the Aurenes can change his gold base color???? how???? for my Longbow or Staff that would be nice to get because still get the ani...

• Confused 1

28 minutes ago, KnivEs.2908 said:

Really bro??? the Aurenes can change his gold base color???? how???? for my Longbow or Staff that would be nice to get because still get the ani...

There are several versions of the Aurene legendary weapons, all based on one of the Elder Dragons. Actually, it would be better to call them Elder Dragon legendaries. They have the same shape and similar draw effects but different textures and footfalls.

• Like 2

Depends on the character.  I do like that the Aurene legendaries have the other elder dragon skins since not every character looks right with a big shiny prismatic rainbow aura.  If you really prefer the look of the Vermilion, use it.  It's all about what YOU like to look at.  No one else is going to be looking at it 2 hours ..10 hours....5 years...just you.  

• Like 2

I actually do not like the dragon legendaries, though I do like their special effects.
However, outside of their stats, Legendaries have another advantage which makes it very much worth getting them: they can be reskinned without a transmutation charge. 
So, it really is worth making them, if their appearance stops you.

• Like 1