Amnytas great debate hall poi

Aenaos.8160

Great idea this. 

Sometime before the next expansion I expect I'll find 4 more players to run the event needed to complete exploration of Amnytas. Especially late at night when I usually do map exploration. And then repeat this for each of my dozen plus alts. Please add more fun content like this. Waiting for players to complete who cares events that block map progression is awesome gameplay. Merry Wintersday. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 6
  • Sad 1

You also need to complete that event for other things; e.g. make sure you have the Waylit Lantern collection unlocked/advanced to the right point before you do it.

I found shouting out in map chat when the event was ready usually brought enough players along. Even if they didn't need that particular event, it starts right next to a waypoint, so they often joined in just to be helpful.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

• 1 month later...

locked POI really has me riled up. I play at work sometimes and when I do I stay away from anything I can't walk away from in a second's notice, so I've largely been running characters through map completion of all maps. Right now my big peeve is Thunderhead Peaks.... either wait for the day we get the purple plate, or redo story for it.... and story isn't that interesting to repeat that many times.....

• Like 3
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

On 10/24/2023 at 11:32 AM, Rumpus.1234 said:

Some POIs have been stretched to allow rubbing up against a locked door. But not many.

This means you, Queensdale troll lair! /threaten

*Squeezes up against a locked door, waiting to hear the “ding!” of completion*

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

The solution to this sort of situation is always the same: You are not unique. If you need it, other players need it so it just becomes a matter of finding those other players which is typically not very difficult. Now if you don't want to do it thirteen times for all your alts that's certainly understandable, but that's a personal choice you are making, not something that is being dictated to you by the game . . .

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

I agree. the Amnytas POI and Domain of Istan,  Sandswept Isles and Domain of Kourna event-hidden POI's are hard to do when you play off-peak and there are hardly any other players on the map.

It's design without thinking about the game being played 24 hours globally and dwindling participation over time.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Gop.8713 said:

The solution to this sort of situation is always the same: You are not unique. If you need it, other players need it so it just becomes a matter of finding those other players which is typically not very difficult. Now if you don't want to do it thirteen times for all your alts that's certainly understandable, but that's a personal choice you are making, not something that is being dictated to you by the game . . .

Until you do need it for legendaries. When you're unable to find people to do objectives for it. That's when it becomes an issue (and we're going to need a lot of map comps for the upcoming legendary armor).

I am mildly side glancing Dragon's Stand because I cannot find an active map unless it's purely by chance because I am on during deader hours for the community and trying to find folks for that is a nightmare for Gen 2 map comp. :C

Edited by KindredPhoenyx.8976
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

Locked POIs are indeed annoying.

In this case I can only recommend:

- first off, check on maps in-between meta events. Usually maps close down since players leave, often resulting in less but more active maps, usually with different players doing different things. It's not uncommon to find access available to the POIs or the vents being done. Gets more frustrating the more you move away from prime time.

- put up an LFG and have players join. Nearly all events can be soloed or at worst done with 3-4 players.

- bring an adequate build yourself. Aka something semi strong for open world content, ideally with access to quickness or alacrity as well as boon rip and/or cc if possible

As seen in the past, as maps with locked POIs get older, this will get more annoying. Good Luck.

• Thanks 1

On 12/16/2023 at 5:50 AM, preacher.9370 said:

Right now my big peeve is Thunderhead Peaks.... either wait for the day we get the purple plate, or redo story for it.... and story isn't that interesting to repeat that many times.....

Isn't it accessible from the outside by wiggling left and right at the gate, though?

• Confused 1

On 12/16/2023 at 9:14 PM, Linken.6345 said:

Since when are doors furniture?

My mom sees (in house) doors as a luxury item. 

Not because of the cost, but privacy is a privilege that you need to earn. (Task impossible) 

And IF she is willing to get a door, it must me a fancy one. 

And yes, this includes the doors to toilet and shower. ☹️

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

5 hours ago, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

Not because of the cost, but privacy is a privilege that you need to earn. (Task impossible) 

Geez... When are you going to move out? 😆

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

10 hours ago, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

Weird and sad tbh.

(...still not furniture, though 😄 )

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1