Which gear for Druid Heal Tank?

Icethorn.6570

I currently use Harriers for my Druid as an alac heals, and I want to also make a set for tank healing.
I am trying to figure out which set is best.  I would use this set in raids, t4 fractals, and WvW.
I've looked at both Givers and Minstrel.  Which would be best???
Givers is like Harriers in terms of Healing Power and Concentration, it's main stat is Toughness.
Minstrell is Toughness first, then Vitality, Heal Power, Concentration.

Do I need the vitality???

Just to add one thing, in fractals and WvW you would then just be a alac-healer with more defensive gear, as real tanking where you have to / can control the enemies only exists in some raid-fights and strikes.

There are some raid bosses which follow the player with the highes toughness, so if you ever want to tank there, you want at least more toughness than the second highest player (usually achieved by mixing minstrel or giver into your build, depending on the stats it needs). The strike fights with tanking usually use range as aggro-system, so no need for special stats for tankiung there. Fractal mobs use an aggro table and they decide by different factors who to attack (like dps, stats, range etc.) so you can't really controll them most times anyway.

Minstrel for WvW and Harrier for PvE.

In WvW you won't have time for damage and you staying alive is the priority. In PvE however, most damage you take will be oneshot regardless of stats or low constant damage you can heal anyway. Additionally PvE has periods when you don't need to heal, so power from harrier allows you to add some damage to the team dps.

I recommend using your harrier set for fractals since there's no tanking mechanic there. If you're making a giver/minstrel set for wvw, you can use one or two pieces of it to become the tank in raids without sacrificing a bunch of useful stats for unnecessarily high toughness. Many pve players would tell you that giver's is better for the one or two pieces that will make you the tank, while wvw players will usually favor minstrel's since it makes you more survivable overall.