Jump to content
  • Sign Up

Savage Instinct was 1 second in 2019.


Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Cleanse 3 condis and give 4s of protection?

That would already be uncommon for an adept but the moment you make it double with eternal champion and realize it means a stunbreak + 3 condi clear + 4s protection + some stab + some endurance every 10s or so without any utilities you think that those expectations might have to be cut in half. It is hard to balance something that work against power and condi and is quite frequent.

Edited by aymnad.9023
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just put the 2 second damage immune back...

Oh my god.

Anet actually allergic to people actually willing to interact with the mechanics of the game and dodge/block with a limited kit, instead of just bypassing it by stacking up sustain and pressing a block every time someone's animation looks funny. 

What is it about power warrior that makes the dev team so scared? 

See yall friday ❤️

 

 

Edited by Azure The Heartless.3261
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, aymnad.9023 said:

That would already be uncommon for an adept but the moment you make it double with eternal champion and realize it means a stunbreak + 3 condi clear + 4s protection + some stab + some endurance every 10s or so without any utilities you think that those expectations might have to be cut in half. It is hard to balance something that work against power and condi and is quite frequent.

Okay, I'll take the 4s of protection then. Still better than double proccing immunity periods right?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

Just put the 2 second damage immune back...

Oh my god.

Anet actually allergic to people actually willing to interact with the mechanics of the game and dodge/block with a limited kit, instead of just bypassing it by stacking up sustain and pressing a block every time someone's animation looks funny. 

What is it about power warrior that makes the dev team so scared? 

See yall friday ❤️

 

 

They won't put it back sadly Azure.. one of the devs said "4 seconds of damage immunity" is "pretty crazy". The problem is nobody is getting 2 seconds back to back like that without losing -all- of their damage. And like you said, it feels completely fair on power berserker and wasn't an issue for all these years.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Okay, I'll take the 4s of protection then. Still better than double proccing immunity periods right?

I could see that in the game without any issue.

I have been wandering how high I would rate Dead or alive effectiveness for power and condi. I played a decent amount of power zerker in unranked for the past few months but I am still not sure how much it contributes to my sustain. I think a decent amount in teamfight but not much in 1V1. I will try to play without it tonight. If in practice the sustain is not that strong I thought it could become the adept and Savage instinct the major (I could be wrong but I do not think this swap will be a nerf?). Maybe Savage Instinct could then give 3s of protection and 2s of resolution (I know I said not both but at least it does not nullify like a full dispel).

Edited by aymnad.9023
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, aymnad.9023 said:

I could see that in the game without any issue.

I have been wandering how high I would rate Dead or alive effectiveness for power and condi. I played a decent amount of power zerker in unranked for the past few months but I am still not sure how much it contributes to my sustain. I think a decent amount in teamfight but not much in 1V1. I will try to play without it tonight. If in practice the sustain is not that strong I thought it could become the adept and Savage instinct the major (I could be wrong but I do not think this swap will be a nerf?). Maybe Savage Instinct could then give 3s of protection and 2s of resolution (I know I said not both but at least it does not nullify like a full dispel).

Just the one boon. Bloody Roar gives resistance and Cleansing Ire will have a chance to cleanse condis in those few seconds, so the resolution is less important. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Sweetbread.3678 said:

Or they could just stop making full 100% damage immunities to begin with, because they are literally never not going to be a balance issue in pvp. It's like they've never heard of a % between 0 and 100 or something.

It's not even a full immune, condis still tick. The 100% only applies to strike damage, and does jack-kitten for condi ticks or skills like life leech (unless I'm wrong about that. That's how it works for endure pain, and I don't let condis tick on me where the last button I press before dying (to condi damage) is enter/exit zerk too often, but I can definitely verify that real quick) 👺🤳 

Helloooo, Anet? can I have a single iota of mitigation? Shield stance still has a half minute cooldown. 

 

Edited by Azure The Heartless.3261
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

Helloooo, can I have a single iota of mitigation? Shield stance still has a half minute cooldown. 

Yeah my bad. I should've remembered that 100% strike damage immunity doesn't count as damage mitigation, because reasons. Stereotypical Warrior main thread in a nutshell.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Sweetbread.3678 said:

Yeah my bad. I should've remembered that 100% strike damage immunity doesn't count as damage mitigation, because reasons. Stereotypical Warrior main thread in a nutshell.

Oh my god.

I'm being hyperbolic. I can't take this any more seriously than Anet does right now. 

What I mean is 1 second of strike damage immunity is not enough for the power variants of the class, not only because of the tiny duration but because there are skills that will still damage through it. That needs to be evaluated when you're balancing for this.

Please. Don't make me pick up the gunsaber.

Edited by Azure The Heartless.3261
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Terrorhuz.4695 said:

 We have to come to terms with a simple fact, some specs (berserker, virtuoso, bladesworn, arguably renegade) are just badly designed for a pvp environment and can't work with the current mechanics.

I would love to see vindi added to that list. As for zerker it was fine during hot (outside of condi mace I think) then it fell off. I still think it is possible to have a healthy version of this spec.

Edited by aymnad.9023
  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, aymnad.9023 said:

I would love to see vindi added to that list. As for zerker it was fine during hot (outside of condi mace I think) then it fell off. I still think it is possible to have a healthy version of this spec.

The strike invuln windows need to be tighter, but the damage needs to be substantial, and that damage needs to be possible to execute. It's a berserker, that's it's job.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

The strike invuln windows need to be tighter, but the damage needs to be substantial, and that damage needs to be possible to execute. It's a berserker, that's it's job.

If the damage is increased , that is an acceptable solution to the strike invuln windows being tighter. I know people cant handle taking damage without complaining though, so I am leaning toward the less explode-y option. Between defense line being mandatory because a single stack of weakness ruins entire bursts, Arc Divider constantly being twisted and hammered into a smaller and smaller damage packet for no clear reason faster than any other class has been balanced this year, and an increasing number of classes breathing aegis or outright invulns, I would like a win here that's not asking me to perform some complex ritual so my decapitate hits and does the appropriate damage, that literally no other class is asked to perform.

Either is fine. Either I am paper, but burst does worrying amounts of damage not easily snubbed by weakness/blind, or I do the damage available now, but I have slightly more wiggle room to deal with the incoming damage that is afforded people still alive after facetanking my axe. 

Not both, without communication that you know you're taking the kitten with the profession, thanks. Pick one or make a public statement that you intend power zerk to be hardmode. 

Edited by Azure The Heartless.3261
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...