New revenant newbie needs some guidance

Dark Viper.2378

heya, guardian main here (FB mostly) and since i got some interest with healing classes, healing herald and druid really caught my eyes. I checked heralds abilities and honestly they were insane and i loved it, my only issue rn which is stopping me from maining this class is the threshold bar, i would understand if utilities depend on it, but why weapon abilities too? I just have no idea how i can balance weapon skills from utilities as well, any tip on how to manage it would be great honestly. Not only that, but with FB its clear when you can start the healing burst and sustain heal, but with herald im not sure how to balance glint and centaur abilities, they are clearly explained but need help with that as well. Thank for ur time gamers.

(planning to go glint + centaur/dwarf build from snowcrows)

44 minutes ago, Dark Viper.2378 said:

heya, guardian main here (FB mostly) and since i got some interest with healing classes, healing herald and druid really caught my eyes. I checked heralds abilities and honestly they were insane and i loved it, my only issue rn which is stopping me from maining this class is the threshold bar, i would understand if utilities depend on it, but why weapon abilities too? I just have no idea how i can balance weapon skills from utilities as well, any tip on how to manage it would be great honestly. Not only that, but with FB its clear when you can start the healing burst and sustain heal, but with herald im not sure how to balance glint and centaur abilities, they are clearly explained but need help with that as well. Thank for ur time gamers.

(planning to go glint + centaur/dwarf build from snowcrows)

I guess, you're talking about pve mostly and not pvp/WvW?

2 hours ago, Dark Viper.2378 said:

yes for sure, raids, fractals, strikes

Okay I did some research about that Herald heal build. 

For weapon useage you wil be mostly auto attacking if you're on staff for more heals, and with mace for more damage. You should get a few mace skill 2 and 3 attack in too for more damage. Keep in mind supporting/keeping them alive is priority like you know already over damage. 

Glint is used that you keep the upkeep actives for perma boon uptime or close enough. You don't need to use the consume unless needed, 6 upkeep is needed to hold quickness boon active so prioritize important boons for uptime.

And that way you should have enough uptime to use freely centaur abilities. Herald F2 consume resets centaur empowerment if 1 is already used 

Edited by arazoth.7290
  • Confused 1

I'll tell you how I use it generally.

You need 6 upkeep to trigger quickness. If you have concentration gear it give you more freedom, you only need to be in glint for like 8 sec to give all the boons and you can switch for the other legend if you need to. You can use your facets when needed or as you switch legend.

Your heal comes generally from regen and auto-attack on staff. If you need burst heal, go to ventari and use natural harmony.

For condi cleanses you have you staff 4 and Purifying essence on ventari. If you maintain Protective Solace on your tablet, the whirl finisher on your staff auto-attack inside your bubble will also cleanse pretty efficiently. When in ventari you can also use the facet of nature to remove condition + heal

For Stability, you can explode your tablet or if you don't need the burst heal from ventari, take Jalis.

For weapon I generally just stay on staff but on fight like 100cm when you have to kill the aspect, just switch to mace and you will be fine.

For CC you have tons of choices depending on your legends and should be pretty obvious.

Hope that help.

56 minutes ago, Vekaiel.8493 said:

I'll tell you how I use it generally.

You need 6 upkeep to trigger quickness. If you have concentration gear it give you more freedom, you only need to be in glint for like 8 sec to give all the boons and you can switch for the other legend if you need to. You can use your facets when needed or as you switch legend.

Your heal comes generally from regen and auto-attack on staff. If you need burst heal, go to ventari and use natural harmony.

For condi cleanses you have you staff 4 and Purifying essence on ventari. If you maintain Protective Solace on your tablet, the whirl finisher on your staff auto-attack inside your bubble will also cleanse pretty efficiently. When in ventari you can also use the facet of nature to remove condition + heal

For Stability, you can explode your tablet or if you don't need the burst heal from ventari, take Jalis.

For weapon I generally just stay on staff but on fight like 100cm when you have to kill the aspect, just switch to mace and you will be fine.

For CC you have tons of choices depending on your legends and should be pretty obvious.

Hope that help.

noob alert but whats upkeep XD

Hey I play heal guardian too..yeah I will let you know that herald def requires a different kind of "brain power" due to energy/low cooldowns. I'll tell you what I know lol.

Herald has  *different sources* of stacking regen/health ticks in addition to the ability to enhance regen's power its self and healing to others modifiers. The main other tick is Elevated compassion..but centaur Facet of Nature f2 also ticks.

So you always want to keep up that Elevated compassion mechanic by making sure your energy bar is ticking down. All legends have 1 "energy drain" skill except for Glint's legend that has 5 plus it adds a universal one Facet of Nature F2. 

All aside from glint's skills drain enough to trigger it (6 energy per tick)..however glint is the tricky one...R is 4, regen or swiftness aura is -1,  fury or might auras or facet of nature is -2. You need a minimum of -6  to keep elevated compassion going. 

To feel good about energy, Invocation's traitline *Charged mists* makes a big difference in feeling less "constrained". 

With the charged mist talent, glint's stance is the one you would try to use your extra weapon buttons as much as possible to try to lower your energy beyond 10 cause it can actually be hard dumping all the energy easy if you maintain all auras though, which you might not want to do to be able to spam staff 2/4..as the Glint legend won't have burst heals.

Centaur has the main *spam to fill health bars* skill that is Natural Harmony. But you also want to try maintain bubble cause itll proc the Elevated Compassion trait. If no burst healing needed just maintain it even if no projectiles need to be blocked (it also is a light field so conditions gets cleansed by combos in it) along perhaps your f2.

Your R in centaur has a lot of interesting uses but to start with it's a great way to eliminate your energy bar (dwarf r as well) if glint is ready  and you have too much energy for the charged mist talent to proc (great way to start a fight is in centaur use r to dump energy and swap to glint). The main other use for it though is if empowered it gives stability.

Another note about centaur when you switch to it,  the first skill you use is empowered. The most "easy to apply" empower is natural harmony as it enhances the healing burst effect of it. The empower effect can be triggered by two ways while already in centaur..either consuming f2 (facet of nature)..or..the much trickier way is when you R, the tablet is destroyed resummoning it will trigger empower...kinda risky as your energy is depleted when you do that, and you have to waste timr waiting.

So just a summary of the main struggles with "understanding" herald is what are my "burst heals". Staff 2 and 4. Centaur Natural harmony. Shield 4 is an option but getting locked out of staff is risky if you are in high damage situation. Staff 4 is the worst energy cost for health healed wise.

Mainly just finish your staff autoattacks and keep using staff 2 button to help keep health bars up..maintain regen/prot/elevated compassion. Unlike guardian..the ticks are actually significant enough that you can get away not needing centaur at all in a lot of cases.

I think once you learn to utilise invocation charged mist trait you'll feel much less suffocated to start with, that'll help you understand the class better to branch out to other ideas.

This is just my take on it..lots to learn lol.

Edited by aetemes.2603
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/27/2023 at 12:43 PM, aetemes.2603 said:

Hey I play heal guardian too..yeah I will let you know that herald def requires a different kind of "brain power" due to energy/low cooldowns. I'll tell you what I know lol.

Herald has  *different sources* of stacking regen/health ticks in addition to the ability to enhance regen's power its self and healing to others modifiers. The main other tick is Elevated compassion..but centaur Facet of Nature f2 also ticks.

So you always want to keep up that Elevated compassion mechanic by making sure your energy bar is ticking down. All legends have 1 "energy drain" skill except for Glint's legend that has 5 plus it adds a universal one Facet of Nature F2. 

All aside from glint's skills drain enough to trigger it (6 energy per tick)..however glint is the tricky one...R is 4, regen or swiftness aura is -1,  fury or might auras or facet of nature is -2. You need a minimum of -6  to keep elevated compassion going. 

To feel good about energy, Invocation's traitline *Charged mists* makes a big difference in feeling less "constrained". 

With the charged mist talent, glint's stance is the one you would try to use your extra weapon buttons as much as possible to try to lower your energy beyond 10 cause it can actually be hard dumping all the energy easy if you maintain all auras though, which you might not want to do to be able to spam staff 2/4..as the Glint legend won't have burst heals.

Centaur has the main *spam to fill health bars* skill that is Natural Harmony. But you also want to try maintain bubble cause itll proc the Elevated Compassion trait. If no burst healing needed just maintain it even if no projectiles need to be blocked (it also is a light field so conditions gets cleansed by combos in it) along perhaps your f2.

Your R in centaur has a lot of interesting uses but to start with it's a great way to eliminate your energy bar (dwarf r as well) if glint is ready  and you have too much energy for the charged mist talent to proc (great way to start a fight is in centaur use r to dump energy and swap to glint). The main other use for it though is if empowered it gives stability.

Another note about centaur when you switch to it,  the first skill you use is empowered. The most "easy to apply" empower is natural harmony as it enhances the healing burst effect of it. The empower effect can be triggered by two ways while already in centaur..either consuming f2 (facet of nature)..or..the much trickier way is when you R, the tablet is destroyed resummoning it will trigger empower...kinda risky as your energy is depleted when you do that, and you have to waste timr waiting.

So just a summary of the main struggles with "understanding" herald is what are my "burst heals". Staff 2 and 4. Centaur Natural harmony. Shield 4 is an option but getting locked out of staff is risky if you are in high damage situation. Staff 4 is the worst energy cost for health healed wise.

Mainly just finish your staff autoattacks and keep using staff 2 button to help keep health bars up..maintain regen/prot/elevated compassion. Unlike guardian..the ticks are actually significant enough that you can get away not needing centaur at all in a lot of cases.

I think once you learn to utilise invocation charged mist trait you'll feel much less suffocated to start with, that'll help you understand the class better to branch out to other ideas.

This is just my take on it..lots to learn lol.

Thank you for this guide friend, it helped alot acctually, there is only one thing missing imo, I still dont know which weapon i spend most of my time on, staff or mace. Mace if the team wants might while the starf for passive heals, and I dont even know if healers are supposed to prioritize giving might more than heals, not only that but mace consumes more energy because if rhe 2 and 3 spam while druid spam 1 with a bit of 2. how do you balance this. This is the only problem I an finding right now to be abke ti play properly.

4 minutes ago, Dark Viper.2378 said:

Thank you for this guide friend, it helped alot acctually, there is only one thing missing imo, I still dont know which weapon i spend most of my time on, staff or mace. Mace if the team wants might while the starf for passive heals, and I dont even know if healers are supposed to prioritize giving might more than heals, not only that but mace consumes more energy because if rhe 2 and 3 spam while druid spam 1 with a bit of 2. how do you balance this. This is the only problem I an finding right now to be abke ti play properly.

a team that stays alive I think is most important. A dead dps, compared to some more might. Also herald already passive gives high might stack uptime without mace even.

1 minute ago, arazoth.7290 said:

a team that stays alive I think is most important. A dead dps, compared to some more might. Also herald already passive gives high might stack uptime without mace even.

Aha so I was right, I camp staff more than mace for the heals, and yes I do provide passive might which si another thing I forgot to mention, so from what im seeing I just use might for the first few minutes of the fight and then camp on staff right? (unless a downtime happens and I need to do my mace might rotation again)

Just now, Dark Viper.2378 said:

Aha so I was right, I camp staff more than mace for the heals, and yes I do provide passive might which si another thing I forgot to mention, so from what im seeing I just use might for the first few minutes of the fight and then camp on staff right? (unless a downtime happens and I need to do my mace might rotation again)

You can use mace for some more damage/might. But you have to see when is the time and if team doesn't needs some more healing. It just comes down to see the proper time when to use it. The safest option is ofcourse to use mostly staff, better an alive team then death. Overtime you will get the hang of it more

• Like 1