revenant patch update ☺️❤️

arazoth.7290

Revenant

This update is focused on improving revenant's short bow, shield, and hammer weapons. We've made piercing part of the short bow's base attacks to make it more appealing to non-renegade users. The shield changes improve its usability as a support weapon, while hammer has gotten some improvements to both its damaging and defensive capabilities.

• Hammer Bolt: Increased the power coefficient from 1.15 to 1.35 in PvE only.
  • Coalescence of Ruin: Adjusted the damage areas to begin at the player's location instead of being offset from it. Increased the power coefficient from 1.75 to 2.0 in PvE only. Reduced the cooldown from 10 seconds to 7 seconds in PvP only.
  • Phase Smash: Increased the power coefficient from 2.0 to 2.2 in PvE only.
  • Field of the Mists: This skill now grants aegis to the user on activation and will fire a projectile at up to 5 enemies around the target. The projectile destruction wall will now activate immediately.
  • Drop the Hammer: Increased the power coefficient from 2.3 to 2.7 in PvE only. Increased the knockdown duration from 2 seconds to 3 seconds in PvE and PvP.
  • Envoy of Exuberance: This skill now grants protection to allies at its impact point instead of when the projectile passes through them. The impact now also grants aegis to allies. Increased the missile velocity from 900 to 1,200. Increased the healing coefficient from 0.5 to 1.0.
  • Crystal Hibernation: This skill now also heals allies in a radius of 360 around the user.
  • Shattershot: This skill now pierces.
  • Bloodbane Path: This skill now pierces.
  • Sevenshot: This skill now pierces.
  • Inspiring Reinforcement: Increased the duration of the initial stability from 1 second to 1.5 seconds in PvP only. Increased the duration of the pulsing stability from 1 second to 1.25 seconds in PvP only.
  • Spiritual Resolution: This trait now activates when invoking a legend instead of when using an elite skill.
  • Set in Stone: This trait replaces Eye for an Eye. Gain protection when you use profession skill 2.
  • Contained Temper: This trait has been reworked. Gain energy when you break out of stun.

Herald

• Forceful Persistence: Increased the bonus damage from 15% to 20% in PvE only. Increased the bonus damage per herald upkeep skill from 5% to 7% in PvE only.

Renegade

• Bold Reversal: This trait has been reworked. Gain resistance when you use a healing skill.
  • Heartpiercer: This trait no longer causes short bow skills to pierce.

Vindicator

• Reaver's Curse: This trait has been reworked. Reduce the recharge of Energy Meld. Energy Meld enhances the effects of your next dodge.
  • Angsiyan's Trust: This trait has been reworked. Energy Meld no longer has an energy cost and grants energy when used.
  • Song of Arboreum: This trait has been reworked. Energy Meld grants more energy and also grants its energy and vigor to nearby allies.

Hammer updates, Shield updates with Aegis and AoE healing pulse, Retribution changes, baseline Shortbow pierce for all, Vndicator Master talent updates...

Pros: Overall, sounds good on paper.  Shield gonna be better in all modes now. Hammer 4 much more versatile. The Demo by Roy on Hammer two seemed like it cascaded faster. Jalis road wont' have the random interrupts because of duration anymore. Like the Vindi master tier updates.

Cons: Slightly concerned that the shortbow pierce will lead to future shorbow damage and CD's nerfs in competetive modes. No word if Hammer 2 is still super buggy on terrain. Really concerned with Condi Rev in competetive with the new Relic that increases Poison effectiveness. Still need a way to deal with Poison in Mallyx. Still no damage back on Hammer 5 in competetive. I don't want more knockdown duration., I want more damage on it. It's one of the longest cast abilities in game and should be rewarding to hit in WvW/PvP.

Edited by Jaykay.9641
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 8

I have a reason to play some more again. Hammer is gonna be busted in my hands, not only did I think the only problem was just the hitbox, but they buffed it hard.

That only took 3 years but there it is, that and Inspiring Reinforcement stability gap is fixed as well, what a beautiful patch.

Nonetheless my criticism goes to Hammer 4 being over the top with Aegis, that stuff is just a little too much for my taste but so long it doesn't get the CD increased if it's OP, just revert the skill if needed.

Edited by Shao.7236
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 7

8 minutes ago, Shao.7236 said:

I have a reason to play some more again. Hammer is gonna be busted in my hands, not only did I think the only problem was just the hitbox, but they buffed it hard.

That only took 3 years but there it is, that and Inspiring Reinforcement stability gap is fixed as well, what a beautiful patch.

Nonetheless my criticism goes to Hammer 4 being over the top with Aegis, that stuff is just a little too much for my taste but so long it doesn't get the CD increased if it's OP, just revert the skill if needed.

I think you're right on Hammer 4 being really good now. I rewatched the stream and Roy hovered the tooltip for Hammer 4. The Aegis is great, but the damage from the bolt is similar to auto attack damage and a projectile finisher. Pretty good damage and the lifesteal w/ it. Same CD, duration and cast time. 

17 hours ago, Jaykay.9641 said:

I think you're right on Hammer 4 being really good now. I rewatched the stream and Roy hovered the tooltip for Hammer 4. The Aegis is great, but the damage from the bolt is similar to auto attack damage and a projectile finisher. Pretty good damage and the lifesteal w/ it. Same CD, duration and cast time. 

ohh didn't checked damage on hammer 4, if that is too much. Then damage on hammer 4 will be tuned down in competitive, the aegis added is already nice

Edited by arazoth.7290

38 minutes ago, Royal Grand Majesty.9852 said:

If the upcoming Scepter is a ranged healing weapon, Heal Rev will finally have a complete healing weapon set combination with Scepter/Shield + Staff.

This is exactly what I'm hoping for! Scepter/Shield + Staff with Alliance/Ventari or even Jalis/Ventari. Now if only they'd make tablet follow right on you like gyros...

I am not surprised that shortbow was given pierce baseline, I expected that to happen the moment weaponmaster training was announced

But holy moly, you do that and don't adjust renegade in any way elsewhere in pvp?
Higher multitarget damage is the ONLY thing it had left as an advantage.

I know most people only wanna play herald/vindi in pvp and look down on rene, so nobody really cares, but that's pretty upsetting

e:
The road change is more of a bug fix than an actual buff, but thank goodness for not getting CC'ed in the gap between it anymore
Bold Reversal won't be significant enough to matter

Edited by Shagie.7612
  • Like 7

2 hours ago, Jaykay.9641 said:

Vindicator

• Song of Arboreum: This trait has been reworked. Energy Meld grants more energy and also grants its energy and vigor to nearby allies.

Only two things:

One: I think that the changes in short bow are too much. Short bow is already OP in WvW and the buffs also punishes the Renegade since theres less and less reasons to to run that spec unles you want alacrity or the bombardment. So you buff a weapon which didn't need it and at the same time made the spec which was tailored to that weapon less relevant.

Two: Song of Arboreum gest a HUGE nerft. I'm ALL for removing Energy Meld from the game, it does nothing, has less relevance at any game mode than Charged Mist in PvP (which is not an easy task!),  makes the use of F skills less intuitive and convoluted and just uses space. The change nukes Song of Arboreum in the process, which was the only usable trait from that column in competitive game modes, and replaces it with... nothing.

So very depressed from the changes, since currently I only play one spec of Rev and only in two game modes and I think that the Song of Arboreum change will remove Rev from my WvW days...

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 3

18 minutes ago, Buran.3796 said:

Only two things:

One: I think that the changes in short bow are too much. Short bow is already OP in WvW and the buffs also punishes the Renegade since theres less and less reasons to to run that spec unles you want alacrity or the bombardment. So you buff a weapon which didn't need it and at the same time made the spec which was tailored to that weapon less relevant.

Two: Song of Arboreum gest a HUGE nerft. I'm ALL for removing Energy Meld from the game, it does nothing, has less relevance at any game mode than Charged Mist in PvP (which is not an easy task!),  makes the use of F skills less intuitive and convoluted and just uses space. The change nukes Song of Arboreum in the process, which was the only usable trait from that column in competitive game modes, and replaces it with... nothing.

So very depressed from the changes, since currently I only play one spec of Rev and only in two game modes and I think that the Song of Arboreum change will remove Rev from my WvW days...

these traits become mechanically better since you have it on demand on cd. The amount of vigor will be adjusted in future accordinglingy to make it better. This change was mostly made to make it a mechanically stronger/more reliable trait. It is easier to fix numbers then reworking a new idea that works. This mechanic works, only needs some number adjusting imo 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, arazoth.7290 said:

these traits become mechanically better since you have it on demand on cd. The amount of vigor will be adjusted in future accordinglingy to make it better. This change was mostly made to make it a mechanically stronger/more reliable trait. It is easier to fix numbers then reworking a new idea that works. This mechanic works, only needs some number adjusting imo 

I agree with this. Don't look at the numbers, those are easy to change, cast time, damage bonus, cooldown, energy cost, those are all trivial to update. A good direction and mechanical update is much harder to get it right.

The idea of using your elite special button to enhance your elite special mechanic, the dodge/jump makes great thematic sense. You buff yourself and you do a super jump and drop on people, line up your energy meld and dodge together to minmax dps. Have your damage priority focused more on the jump especially the GS is no longer unique. We can argue about numbers all day long, whether if the endurance gain is too little, or if it needs to have a cast time, or if it cost too much etc etc, but those are minor details which can be changed easily. I think the core idea of this is very sound which is the most important part of any balance update.

Edited by Warscythes.9307
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Warscythes.9307 said:

I agree with this. Don't look at the numbers, those are easy to change, cast time, damage bonus, cooldown, energy cost, those are all trivial to update. A good direction and mechanical update is much harder to get it right.

The idea of using your elite special button to enhance your elite special mechanic, the dodge/jump makes great thematic sense. You buff yourself and you do a super jump and drop on people, line up your energy meld and dodge together to minmax dps. Have your damage priority focused more on the jump especially the GS is no longer unique. We can argue about numbers all day long, whether if the endurance gain is too little, or if it needs to have a cast time, or if it cost too much etc etc, but those are minor details which can be changed easily. I think the core idea of this is very sound which is the most important part of any balance update.

you saw my ssj, now I will show my ssj2 !

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Buran.3796 said:

What do you mean? Song of Arboreum still functions virtually the same. Patch notes are worded weird, but they actually buffed Vigor to 6s and replaced the 25% effectiveness with 10 energy gain.

18 minutes ago, SunTheBro.4853 said:

What do you mean? Song of Arboreum still functions virtually the same. Patch notes are worded weird, but they actually buffed Vigor to 6s and replaced the 25% effectiveness with 10 energy gain.

In the patch notes is a grammar mistake. Song of Aboreum gives energy meld 10 more endurance gain ontop of the 15-25 hou already had. When you press energy meld, you also share this endurance gained now + ontop you get/share vigor.

https://imgbb.com/X3QnvWP

Edited by arazoth.7290
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, Warscythes.9307 said:

A good direction and mechanical update is much harder to get it right.

The idea of using your elite special button to enhance your elite special mechanic, the dodge/jump makes great thematic sense. You buff yourself and you do a super jump and drop on people, line up your energy meld and dodge together to minmax dps. Have your damage priority focused more on the jump especially the GS is no longer unique. 

I think the core idea of this is very sound which is the most important part of any balance update.

Didn't saw the p`resentation, but I think you don't get it. The idea behind of Vindicator was to provide Revenant with a power spec with good cleave. That came from the gretasword. The "profession mechanic" (Energy Meld) is trash tier, absolutely irrelevant (and counterproductive since requires to spen energy in a spec which has legend with 10 skills which doesn't reset energy when you swap between orange and blue). So you waste energy in a spec with traits enough to give you perma vigor...   Again absolutely irrelevant.

But now you have that your main weapon is shared, and your cleave was toned down, and the jump evade is just a gimmick since it ended being the same in cost as a regular dodge animation and, to be honest, I prefer the regular animation since doesn't have lost frames or weird interactions. So: what is the purpose of Vindicator? None: the same as Renegade. You have the laziest F1 skill in the game (I mean: Ancient Echo is 10 times better, Facet of Nature is 5 times better, Renegade has the best F skills in Rev), you have a weapon with similar damage and cleave as the sword but since is a two hander doesn't allow you to run axe or the now buffed shield, and you now have to press F2 to gain vigor instead of proccing it with the dodge....

I known that the focus is instanced content, but those changes hurt WvW, and I'll argue thatb the later has more players. At the end, CmC is having succes at the "bobbykotickfication" of the game, which is: removing fun from it. I want access to vigor while evading instead of having to pay energy to get it and being unable to spent it in useful tools. I undertand that energy doesn't matter that in PvE since most of the damage is autoattacking and you have Chagred Mist, but in WvW doesn't work that way. If I press a F key I want skills which provide some value, as in the Guardian, or in the Mesmer, tc. If not, leave that keys alone so I can use F1 to swap weapons and F2 to swap from orange to blue. Energy Merde

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, arazoth.7290 said:

In the patch notes is a grammar mistake. Song of Aboreum gives energy meld 10 more endurance gain ontop of the 15-25 hou already had. When you press energy meld, you also share this endurance gained now + ontop you get/share vigor.

https://imgbb.com/X3QnvWP

You lose vigor on evade and your +25% increase in effectiveness for the vigor you granted to yourself. The trait already shared normal vigor with nearby allies. I don't see how this couldn't be considered as a nerf, unless you only play at PvE (and even then...). And for what? To give relevance to a F2 skill in a spec which alreday lost most of its personality? 

@azaroth: I don't really care about the buffs in hammer; you can only nerf a thing to a dregree and for a time it allows to some redemption later and for me that point was crossed too many years ago, so it became nauseating. And I don't care if becomes the best weapon in the game since I won't run it. At the moment I'm perfectly fine in PvP playing the worst spec in the game and my ratings didn't decline. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Buran.3796 said:

Didn't saw the p`resentation, but I think you don't get it. The idea behind of Vindicator was to provide Revenant with a power spec with good cleave. That came from the gretasword. The "profession mechanic" (Energy Meld) is trash tier, absolutely irrelevant (and counterproductive since requires to spen energy in a spec which has legend with 10 skills which doesn't reset energy when you swap between orange and blue). So you waste energy in a spec with traits enough to give you perma vigor...   Again absolutely irrelevant.

But now you have that your main weapon is shared, and your cleave was toned down, and the jump evade is just a gimmick since it ended being the same in cost as a regular dodge animation and, to be honest, I prefer the regular animation since doesn't have lost frames or weird interactions. So: what is the purpose of Vindicator? None: the same as Renegade. You have the laziest F1 skill in the game (I mean: Ancient Echo is 10 times better, Facet of Nature is 5 times better, Renegade has the best F skills in Rev), you have a weapon with similar damage and cleave as the sword but since is a two hander doesn't allow you to run axe or the now buffed shield, and you now have to press F2 to gain vigor instead of proccing it with the dodge....

I known that the focus is instanced content, but those changes hurt WvW, and I'll argue thatb the later has more players. At the end, CmC is having succes at the "bobbykotickfication" of the game, which is: removing fun from it. I want access to vigor while evading instead of having to pay energy to get it and being unable to spent it in useful tools. I undertand that energy doesn't matter that in PvE since most of the damage is autoattacking and you have Chagred Mist, but in WvW doesn't work that way. If I press a F key I want skills which provide some value, as in the Guardian, or in the Mesmer, tc. If not, leave that keys alone so I can use F1 to swap weapons and F2 to swap from orange to blue. Energy Merde

I disagree completely, while vindicator's introduction is to fill a missing hole for rev which was a pure power cleave class. There has to be things unique to it that differs from many other power cleave classes such as power zerker, reaper, etc. There are different ways and flavor you can accomplish this goal. The jump is the vindicator's "thing". This is by far the biggest difference between vindicator and other many other power classes and it should be the focal point of trying to introduce different play styles. Energy meld was a bandaid I agree, but it shouldn't be, so buff it and I believe this is precisely the right way to do it. I was a big proponent of having 1 dodge as I am a fan of dragoons in FF games, I think the flavor and fantasy or having a big damage jump as part of your damage is incredibly cool and they absolutely should try to pivot towards it. I don't see Vindicator as a class that dodges whenever, because we are getting into daredevil space there, but rather a class that should focus on the damaging jumps. Also just because it has 10 skills doesn't mean you use it all the time, I am not sure what sort of argument is that.

The jump has 1 big value over regular dodge, which is that it doesn't require movement because you can dodge in place and it removes the unnecessary movement from trying to upkeep damage uptime. However I agree ever since the update to dodge, it has lost a lot of flavor from its initial design and this is why I believe the proposed change is the correct way forward. I don't understand why you think just because is bad then it should be disregarded, we should instead try to make it better and make the design more cohesive as a whole instead of just give up on it. So the purpose is simple, is a pure damage power class which a special focus on its jump as part of its rotation, unless daredevil where it jumps all over the place and uses it most as a damage buff, vindicator jumps should be seen as a bigger damage move. That is the theme space. You are again thinking too much about the numbers. The fact remains that as an elite spec, it should have a elite mechanic button just like all the other rev builds. Don't dismiss it because is bad currently, make it better.

I think this change will make the class much more fun even in WvW. Also no energy matters in PvE lol, I don't know what you are smoking thinking that auto attack is most of the damage in PvE, nobody runs charged mist on vindicator. Yes the elite mechanic button should provide value, so it should be buffed and this is the right way to do it. Stop looking at the numbers and think "oh it has a cast time so is worthless", those can be changed. I am not arguing about that, I am saying that the idea of buffing your elite spec button in order to improve your elite mechanic niche, the jump is absolutely the correct way to go. Numbers can be adjusted later. Vindicator should have an elite spec button, and it should matter.

As a side note, you know you can rebind your keys right. If you think somehow having 3 F keys are too much which I find it difficult to believe, then just rebind it some other key that you are used to.

Edited by Warscythes.9307
  • Like 3