INB4 Alliance System Requests: Commander Targeting UI

With the upcoming alliance system there could be some potential QoL utilizing the alliance system regarding targeting in communication with your squad and or alliance.

What do I mean: OK, so short and sweet...you know how, that unless you are in the same subsquad of a person calling a target, that you cannot see the same target called? Nope, you cannot. Simply make an adjustment to have commander called targets seen by each subgroup for focuses.

The only way to get a similar effect for this is to place commander markers on targets but each person will still have to ma ually click on the target, through a sea of other enemies, in hopes of finding the marked target.

We need to have a Take Commander Target button, take target on Commander symbol marked target or something similar. Right jow it's tab targeting or frantically clicking until we find the right person. This forces everyone in the same subgroup of a squad to take a called target or click click spammy spamming, (It's not fun) and causes subgroup combofield + boon priorities to get wonky.

OTHER SUGGESTION: with the alliance system I can see an alliance of commanders making markers and squads becoming very large past the squad cap, I suggest being able to make alliance mode targeting to where other commanders in the alliance were in be able to see the targets/markers of each other as well for further tuned communication. 

I'd be happy to clarify if needed to get this topic seen

With the upcoming alliance system there could be some potential QoL utilizing the alliance system regarding targeting in communication with your squad and or alliance.

What do I mean: OK, so short and sweet...you know how, that unless you are in the same subsquad of a person calling a target, that you cannot see the same target called? Nope, you cannot. Simply make an adjustment to have commander called targets seen by each subgroup for focuses.

The only way to get a similar effect for this is to place commander markers on targets but each person will still have to manually click on the target, through a sea of other enemies, in hopes of finding the marked target.

We need to have a Take Commander Target button, take target on Commander symbol marked target or something similar. Right now it's tab targeting or frantically clicking until we find the right person. This forces everyone in the same subgroup of a squad to take a called target or click click spammy spamming, (It's not fun) and causes subgroup combofield + boon priorities to get wonky.

OTHER SUGGESTION: with the alliance system I can see an alliance of commanders making markers and squads becoming very large past the squad cap, I suggest being able to make alliance mode targeting to where other commanders in the alliance were in be able to see the targets/markers of each other as well for further tuned communication. 

This is also posted in the QoL thread

Edited by Lithril Ashwalker.6230

7 hours ago, Lithril Ashwalker.6230 said:

The only way to get a similar effect for this is to place commander markers on targets but each person will still have to ma ually click on the target, through a sea of other enemies, in hopes of finding the marked target.

We need to have a Take Commander Target button, take target on Commander symbol marked target or something similar. Right jow it's tab targeting or frantically clicking until we find the right person. This forces everyone in the same subgroup of a squad to take a called target or click click spammy spamming, (It's not fun) and causes subgroup combofield + boon priorities to get wonky.

The only way to get a similar effect for this is to place commander markers on targets but each person will still have to manually click on the target, through a sea of other enemies, in hopes of finding the marked target.

We need to have a Take Commander Target button, take target on Commander symbol marked target or something similar. Right now it's tab targeting or frantically clicking until we find the right person. This forces everyone in the same subgroup of a squad to take a called target or click click spammy spamming, (It's not fun) and causes subgroup combofield + boon priorities to get wonky.

This is also posted in the QoL thread

Interesting idea. The question I am curious about is are tags dividing players for boons priority or target or both? Not sure on that one. If its just boon priority then another option might be to change squad targeting and make squad/group act the same, which eliminates mechanic changes and may, note may, require less resources to change and have a higher odd of change going thru.

As far as Alliance system, remember Alliances are shelved. The WR project will be guild only so you will need to have players join a common guild, like a community guild, or another guild to group up. 

Edited by TheGrimm.5624