GS Ranger stunlock is the biggest bs I've ever seen in pvp

Deadmoose.6594

12 minutes ago, Flowki.7194 said:

blade

Step off of blade, embrace struggle. Learn what it means to have to know your opponent's buttons better than they know them instead of just having bullkitten blocks that are better than their bullkitten blocks (granted, as long as they feel like they can't just walk away from you).

One of us.

One of us.

Edited by Azure The Heartless.3261

19 minutes ago, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

Step off of blade, embrace struggle. Learn what it means to have to know your opponent's buttons better than they know them instead of just having bullkitten blocks that are better than their bullkitten blocks (granted, as long as they feel like they can't just walk away from you).

One of us.

One of us.

I played a fair bit of SPB but got bored after a little while, same with blade now. Played some condi zerker, but got bored after 2 hours. Thinking I might just delete the warrior and try specter. Unless you can convince me power zerker is worth the slot? 😜 

56 minutes ago, Psycoprophet.8107 said:

Is this thread for real? A good spellbreaker can make ranger look like a cc novice.

Which would you rather fight, a spellbreaker or any popular ranger flavor atm?

Exactly. Not that I agree with the premise of the thread, mind you.

Also I love how when people try to make these comparisons their brain auto-procs the correct framing and qualifies them as having to be "good" to make the statement true. No comment on that beyond that I'm tickled whenever it happens ❤️

53 minutes ago, Flowki.7194 said:

Thats funny, becuase when it is suggest SPB stunlocks are toxic AF, all the warrior mains band together and say ''just dodge". So which is it? 😜

Make no mistake, it's still 'just dodge.' If you get stunlocked by a spellbreaker you have to be

• right up next to them
  • out of stunbreaks
  • nonresponsive when you see a cc move
  • unable to move away from them, despite the fact that they cant hide their approaches

It's probably one of the most honest playstyles in the game. It's only toxic if it happens to you, and at that point that is a personal/build problem. It's not like the spellbreaker appeared magically out of thin air then handed you your entire HP bar in damage.

Find me two builds more honest if you disagree~

1 hour ago, Flowki.7194 said:

Whats your build?

Nope, build it. You played bladesworn and spellbreaker, you should know how this works.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

Exactly. Not that I agree with the premise of the thread, mind you.

Also I love how when people try to make these comparisons their brain auto-procs the correct framing and qualifies them as having to be "good" to make the statement true. No comment on that beyond that I'm tickled whenever it happens ❤️

Make no mistake, it's still 'just dodge.' If you get stunlocked by a spellbreaker you have to be

• right up next to them
  • out of stunbreaks
  • unable to move away from them, despite the fact that they cant hide their approaches

It's probably one of the most honest playstyles in the game. It's only toxic if it happens to you, and at that point that is a personal/build problem. It's not like the spellbreaker appeared magically out of thin air then handed you your entire HP bar in damage.

Find me two builds more honest if you disagree~

Nope, build it. You played bladesworn and spellbreaker, you should know how this works.

A ranger 100%

• Thanks 2

34 minutes ago, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

Exactly.

• right up next to them
  • out of stunbreaks

It's probably one of the most honest playstyles in the game. It's only toxic if it happens to you, and at that point that is a personal/build problem. Find me something more honest if you disagree~

The game dose not revolve around 1v1s, which is where every SPB defence argument is made. My issue with SPB is when they get involved in group fights, which drastically increases their chance of stunlocking . Take for example being primaried by ranged DPS, one dodge can mitigate multiple hits from chrono+ranger. Swap the ranger for an SPB, you get stunned, now you take the full damage from chrono+some spb dmg. You can't just assume full utility is available, since most specs have at-least 1 CC, while most specs have only 2 stunbreaks at best, then SPB+ more stuns. Even if mitigation utility is available, the increased chance of being stuned in the presense of SPB can lock you out of such utility (stunbreaks aside). Being attacked by 2 dps, you can mostly still use utility which can allow you to escape, or mitigate while attacking back. SPB stuns interupt that ability, while it's lower dps of SPB+DPS, it can be better applied dps through what I mentioned. There are already way too much CC across DPS specs, its simply annoying to add SPB to that mix, ragardless of its overall effectiveness.

The most fair example of a melee class is actually Hammer cata. High damage, but low CC which is broadcast. Many of the main abilitys are also broadcast, although hammer 2/4 is difficult to avoid. I know, its meta.. which and its ele, so nothing but confused looks, but put meta status aside and look at the mechanics of it. You are always in the fight when vsing a hammer cata, and any mobile spec has multiple chances to leave the fight, which balances out the fact hammer cata is good melee damage. Go back to willbender/herald days.. thats not fun to fight, can't just ''leave''. If SPB had less stuns and more mobility or damage, I'd be fine with that. I like to be in the fight, not having to constantly dodge stuns, or constantly be stunned, its not fun. Mesmer and thief are similar though, with constant target drops that just interupt the flow of the fight and make it not fun to vs, at all.

Edited by Flowki.7194
  • Confused 1

23 minutes ago, Flowki.7194 said:

The game dose not revolve around 1v1s,

The most fair example of a melee class is actually Hammer cata.

So the sidenoder? the one that specifically is built for winning 1v1s/small skirmish? You see where I'm going with this?

1v1 is a part of conquest. It's a minor part, but it is a part nonetheless, and classes can sink or swim based on their ability to do that. You can't just -not- evaluate it because it's a 5v5. sidenoding is part of winning 5v5. forcing unfavorable 1v1s / 1vxes is part of winning 5v5.

which is where every SPB defence argument is made. My issue with SPB is when they get involved in group fights, which drastically increases their chance of stunlocking .

If you see a spellbreaker approaching mid and you don't account for them, you're still misplaying. if you ate skills as telegraphed from a cata approaching mid, you'd be dead, not disabled.

And so would your teammates, mind you. Triple sear is multi target. Backbreaker isn't (fullcounter is, but count to 10.) ❤️

Take for example being primaried by ranged DPS, one dodge can mitigate multiple hits from chrono+ranger. Swap the ranger for an SPB, you get stunned, now you take the full damage from chrono+some spb dmg. You can't just assume full utility is available, since most specs have at-least 1 CC, while most specs have only 2 stunbreaks at best, then SPB+ more stuns. Even if mitigation utility is available, the increased chance of being stuned in the presense of SPB can lock you out of such utility (stunbreaks aside). Being attacked by 2 dps, you can mostly still use utility which can allow you to escape, or mitigate while attacking back. SPB stuns interupt that ability, while it's lower dps of SPB+DPS, it can be better applied dps through what I mentioned. There are already way too much CC across DPS specs, its simply annoying to add SPB to that mix, ragardless of its overall effectiveness.

See above for the "you'd be dead if you ate damage like you eat hammer skills, theoretically" argument.

Apologies for trimming, but do you see why I think the problem people have with spellbreaker is "it's annoying" rather than any attribute that requires balancing? 

You can't just assume full utility is available

This isn't my problem to evaluate, and it isn't spellbreaker's job to hold people's hand and give them extra space on the off chance they already used one of their saveme buttons.

if you don't have full utility and don't check the map to see where the class that can nuke you put you in no-agency hell  is, but you go stand on one of the three points they are guaranteed to show up if they aren't asleep and manage to get hit by the thing that stunlocks you anyway, that's misplaying. Just like if you stand in triple sear and evaporate because your HP was low, even if you had a block or something.

Try berserker though. lets goo, lets go~