Easy Open World Scrapper build: Celestial p/p scrapper

SeTect.5918

Well i just tested around some builds and found this one the most fitting for me.

Video:

Build link:
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PewAoqllRw6YOsGWKWyT7tSA-DyIY1oj/QyREEoCoQJgC/CwirTbQFA-e

Basically just spam attacks and heal if needed.
For more damage and less defense, use:
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PewAoqllRw6YOsGWKOsL5tSA-DyIY1oj/QyREEoCoQJgC/CwirTbQFA-e

with the mace in your other weapon-set, you can gain corruption sigil stacks on killing enemies.

The build will get a slight buff on the next balance patch:

• Pistol 4 receives a strike damage increase
  • Pistol 5 receives strike damage
  • Blast gyro gets a reduced recharge (20 sec to 15 sec)
  • Bypass coating (blast gyro toolbelt) gets a reduced recharge (30 sec to 20 sec (if i remember correctly))

However, even tho having 3 wells and blast gyro getting a reduced recharge, i dont think you can maintain perma quickness without using Kinetic_Accelerators. Applied_Force increases your damage by a bit when the next balance patch hits, because it loses its -20 condi dmg per might stack reduction, but you wont have perma quickness, unless you press your heal skill and barrier well off cooldown, but you wont have it ready then if you need health.
I find it smoother to have perma quickness, but if you want more damage, you should use "Applied Force". But only if the next balance patch hits, currently it just reduces your damage because of the condi dmg reduction on might, but that one will be removed on the next balance patch.

If i would have to rate the build by different aspects:
Defense: 8/10 (something like scourge would be 10/10)
Damage: 3/10 (the damage is kinda low because scrapper actually does not support condi damage, but celestial and trailblazers are the best stat combinations for open world and hammer does not support condi damage so i felt like the damage was even lower on hammer and the defense is far lower if you dont run celestial or trailblazers)
CCs: 10/10 (you have lots of hard and soft ccs, blast gyro being the strongest and flamethrower has a knockback. However mortar kit inflicts chilled and blindness, pistol inflicts cripple, blindness and immob, these together will destroy the breakbar kinda fast.
Boon generation: 7/10 (you have perma quickness, and with the upcoming blast gyro change you will have perma 25 might, but despite having perma quickness and might, the damage is rather low. The protection only comes from the healing skills toolbelt, which offers a protection uptime of around 40-45%. You also have somewhat perma swiftness due to combi finishers and perma superspeed. Some stability is also applied on a toolbelt skill.)

In comparison to mechanist and holo:
Holo offers more damage, has a higher protection uptime and access to regeneration, but has far less self healing because most of holos self healing is bound on the overheat mechanic.
So basically overall more damage but less defense.
Mechanist can solo almost everything without the enemy touching the player because it focuses the mech, however if your mech dies anyway (can happen for example on mushroom queen heropoint), then the player itself it kinda helpless without the mech. It has somewhat around the same damage as this build or maybe slightly more.

I think thats everything, i hope i could help anyone with this.

Edited by SeTect.5918
  • Like 2

Uhmmm, not bad, but does not " feel " like playing scrapper imo. And, is far too slow on everything that Is not a champ. Hope the new Applied Force and blast cooldown reduction will help us out. Impact savant Is a core feature of the spec and relies only on Power DMG, so more "bang" = more "defense".... I wanna test the new iterations soo bad... Maybe i'll be disappointed for the 100th time ... will see.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Corvolupo.5708 said:

Uhmmm, not bad, but does not " feel " like playing scrapper imo. And, is far too slow on everything that Is not a champ. Hope the new Applied Force and blast cooldown reduction will help us out. Impact savant Is a core feature of the spec and relies only on Power DMG, so more "bang" = more "defense".... I wanna test the new iterations soo bad... Maybe i'll be disappointed for the 100th time ... will see.

True thing.
It feels more like holo without forge haha. and its slow in case of killing small enemies. Well its actually also kinda slow in case of solo champions, at best its "okay" there.

The problem is that most of engis damage comes from kits, at least for condi. But if you want sustain you have to use other utility skills to get that.
With power dps there is simply no good open world stat combination that deals both good damage and has a lot of sustain.

So with engi its kinda the thing damage or sustain, not both.
Holo has some more dps at this point, but its also not like holo deals that much.

But yeah with the incoming scrapper changes power scrapper will maybe gain some dps to make it better in open world solo. From my experience it was always kinda good in killing lots of small enemies kinda fast but wasnt good in soloing champs, which is the field i mainly focus on.

Well, cele stats are busted in WvW, in OW i never ever felt the Need in 11 years of playing for that kind of Gear. Holo Is the king of cleave and has some really good self sustain utility, non great for soloing boss, but bosses are a group event anyway. Scrapper was the God of OW when Impact savant was at 15%, It was a bit busted, ok, but now feels reeeealy bad. They are now bloating function gyro, It does almost too many things, and i don'like that. Mech Is very strong in OW Simply cuz big green boy Is a hard Candy to chew for the enemy Ai... ok he also got tons of boons and nice things to share, but for the most part, It play itself and bring home good results. Scrapper needs more i fear, but will see...

• Confused 3

Adding an "Explosion/Firearms" variant for more damage:

Link to the Build:
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PewAoqllRw6YOsGWKOsL5tSA-DyIY1or/QyREEoiIWJiC/CUkgY38Wc9TDqA-e

I didnt use all infusions tho. I just had 4 out of 18 (would give 70 more condi damage if I had all 18)

Edit:
You can also use Superior_Sigil_of_Frailty instead of Sigil_of_Generosity. This should make you deal like 12% more damage.
But I would still use sigil of generosity on bosses which inflict lots of condis to 1. cleanse them from you and 2. increase your damage by doing so.

Edited by SeTect.5918