Dumb Herald (Specifically Glint) spitball idea

Jobber.6348

A fundamental Glint rework if you will.

For Glint if the theme is "signet styled upkeeps", it would be much more interesting if the Espec behaved as if Glint is a "reflection" of the pairing Legend. 

Let's take Shiro as an example to describe the interaction: 

Facet Regen | Facet Fury | Facet Might | Facet Swiftness | Facet Elite
ED                 |  RS              |  PT                 | IO                        |  JW

When you flip all your Facets active, the other Legend's abilities are now available to cast for no cost, like how we currently have Consume skills. These skills are a "reflection" of the paired Legend and will be slightly weaker and share cooldowns independent of the reflected Legend.
Then when you Legend swap to Shiro, your skills cost Energy again, but when you cast them you get the Facet pulsing effects for a few seconds like Draconic Echo. (essentially a reverse Signet)

Edited by Yasai.3549
  • Like 1
  • Confused 5

and what would you propose to nerf in exchange for this, because that is an absolutely massive buff for herald in literally every game mode. This isn't something you just slap in randomly, is basically a complete rework and I don't think Herald is in such a state that it needs it.

Edited by Warscythes.9307
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, Warscythes.9307 said:

and what would you propose to nerf in exchange for this, because that is an absolutely massive buff for herald in literally every game mode. This isn't something you just slap in randomly, is basically a complete rework and I don't think Herald is in such a state that it needs it.

Nothing. It's just a dumb idea and I like to throw topics like this out to keep the Revenant subforum alive. I literally do not care for the idea, but if it gets some people's attention and people would like to put out their own alterations or ideas, then my goal has been achieved. 

Edited by Yasai.3549
  • Confused 4

47 minutes ago, Yasai.3549 said:

Nothing. It's just a dumb idea and I like to throw topics like this out to keep the Revenant subforum alive. I literally do not care for the idea, but if it gets some people's attention and people would like to put out their own alterations or ideas, then my goal has been achieved. 

🤦... Look, arenanet sometimes takes a look on forums for ideas. It doesn't happen often, but if they have to distinguish with no serious request like these and some people even agreeing having no clue how it can imbalance maybe. Such only lead to waste of time. And then complaining if weird changes get made 😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Notice that not eveyone uses the same number layout for the skills; in inther words: if they stay to the "pre-defined" order you hurt the ones which change that one (as me); on the other had if you allow free alocation wit will be exploited to link the ones with the lowest cooldown with the ones with the stronger effect/higher cost. Being sid that, I'm fine about how Herald currently works, and I'f fine currently not using it.