druid boons

Incurve Giidis.7829

kittening suck from a 100%bd build compared to a 0%bd herald

can u fix the balance ty

class falls apart when you actually have to spend resources instead of ca4-5-drop out on cooldown

random 30sec invuln phase? - get kittened nerd

half of your sub dies in auraless arena - woops no ca for you for 20s xd

Edited by Incurve Giidis.7829
  • Confused 1

boon application is tied to your main healing resource

applying 30s at the start isnt even enough, you still cant save ca for important incoming mechanics, so you sacrifice alac for pugs

the only saving grace of the build is that mech is a dumb pet class and that tempest sucks even more than this

Edited by Incurve Giidis.7829
  • Confused 1

I keep reading about this..maybe I don't know the classes..but can herald pump heals like a druid...?? I don't think so?..so can't herald's edge be easy booning tricky healing while druid the opposite..it's already a snooze fist how characters became reduced to quick or alac with no rhyme or reason just to balance things out.

Edited by aetemes.2603
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, aetemes.2603 said:

I keep reading about this..maybe I don't know the classes..but can herald pump heals like a druid...?? I don't think so?..so can't herald's edge be easy booning tricky healing while druid the opposite..it's already a snooze fist how characters became reduced to quick or alac with no rhyme or reason just to balance things out.

Well the Herald has the heals on Staff and Shield and the Centaur tablet just stays out healing.

So the Herald can more or less keep healing while passively keeping full boons out.

The Celestial Avatar resource mechanic is much more restrictive. I think Druid has more burst healing capability but they can't really control when they can use it because the entrance into CA is tied to when boons need to be renewed not when healing is needed.

I started playing GW2 about a year ago. Mesmer has been my main but I came from ESO where I was a tank in most group content.

I really wanted to play a support character here in GW2 but Mesmer just didn't have the boons or healing for that.

So I created a Ranger thinking that I'd enjoy the Druid and using the pets and nature magic.

I had lots of fun playing through the story and playing support in meta events.

I didn't mind the Spirits to give Alac because it only took about 3 seconds out of every 20 seconds to maintain Alac letting me focus all my time on how to best support the group.

Sure it took up my utility slots but I didn't care because it let me keep my attention on the fight and use my pet, weapons, and Celestial Avatar to react to combat...

But then the June patch came...

I was excited because I hoped the Untamed would be able to be a support class. But the cooldowns on the Nature traits just didn't provide enough to justify trying to be a defensive support and there were other classes I much preferred for DPS.

The Druid went from being a class able to focus on the fight and choose the support tools needed at any given moment to forced cycling in and out of CA always trying to rush to acquire enough resource to get back in to CA before the boons ran out.

The design just really isn't fun anymore...

So since there were no specs I wanted to play I deleted the character to free up my very limited character slots to try out a different class that I hadn't played yet.

On 11/2/2023 at 7:45 PM, Roadkizzle.2157 said:

I started playing GW2 about a year ago. Mesmer has been my main but I came from ESO where I was a tank in most group content.

I really wanted to play a support character here in GW2 but Mesmer just didn't have the boons or healing for that.

So I created a Ranger thinking that I'd enjoy the Druid and using the pets and nature magic.

I had lots of fun playing through the story and playing support in meta events.

I didn't mind the Spirits to give Alac because it only took about 3 seconds out of every 20 seconds to maintain Alac letting me focus all my time on how to best support the group.

Sure it took up my utility slots but I didn't care because it let me keep my attention on the fight and use my pet, weapons, and Celestial Avatar to react to combat...

But then the June patch came...

I was excited because I hoped the Untamed would be able to be a support class. But the cooldowns on the Nature traits just didn't provide enough to justify trying to be a defensive support and there were other classes I much preferred for DPS.

The Druid went from being a class able to focus on the fight and choose the support tools needed at any given moment to forced cycling in and out of CA always trying to rush to acquire enough resource to get back in to CA before the boons ran out.

The design just really isn't fun anymore...

So since there were no specs I wanted to play I deleted the character to free up my very limited character slots to try out a different class that I hadn't played yet.

if the trait gave 2s instead of 1 You wouldn't have to care about cycling through CA. That's just a number change, not a design problem.

13 minutes ago, Acyk.9671 said:

if the trait gave 2s instead of 1 You wouldn't have to care about cycling through CA. That's just a number change, not a design problem.

I wouldn't care if it were 5s instead of 1s. I still would not like it because my entrance back into CA is based on how I can generate enough resources to get back in.

What I think may change my mind is if CA works more like the Shroud mechanics it's identical to.

If you don't have to be at 100% resource to enter then you're free to use it more dynamically and enter as needed. 

• Like 1

On 11/2/2023 at 3:18 PM, Beddo.1907 said:

What tools? Druid always took full bar of spirits and that's it.

I didn't say Utilities. I said tools.

But even then I didn't get my Druid to it's end game build. I didn't have Harrier gear so my Boon Duration was far from maxed but I still was able to get 80% uptime with still having room for a flex utility spot. If I continued my build to get it ready for instanced content I'd have the Boon Duration to keep 100% Alac with flex utility.

But I said tools because using the Spirits for Alacrity meant that I needed to pay virtually zero attention to maintain the base boons and I could focus on using the appropriate weapon skills, pet skills, CA skills and flex utility as the fight needed.