Let's talk about the upcoming relics

Lan Deathrider.5910

I know that I was focused on the warrior notes, but there are 6 new relics coming very soon, and I did see possibilities with them. Let's take a look shall we?

• Relic of Nayos : Removing a condition from yourself Heals you.
    • This will be nice. Used with Mending and Shake it Off, even warhorn, should give some nice extra healing. Paired with Shrug it Off and it may be very nice indeed.
  • Relic of Febe : When you use a Healing Skill, grant nearby allies Swiftness and remove movement-impairing conditions from them.
    • Option for Condi removal on Heal without Mending. The question I have is does the relic remove condis first, or Mending?
  • Relic of Karakosa : Heal other nearby allies when you successfully Combo a field with a blast finisher.
    • This one I'm keeping an eye on. Depending on whether staff has any blast finishers on it mind you. Even if Staff has zero blast finishers, we have blasts on both warhorn skills, Arcing Arrow which has ammo, both hammer bursts, Stomp, Banner of Strength, Banner of Discipline, and Battle Standard. So depending on the heal amount per finisher, I can see this being important to any future heal warrior build.
  • Relic of Nourys : Gain Stacks of Nourys' Hunger every interval when you remove boons from enemies. Consume 10 Stacks to grow larger, dealing increased damage, taking reduced damage, and converting a percentage of outgoing damage into Healing.
    • How does this stack with Rampage? This will be nice on Spellbreaker, so of course this will end up getting nerfed, but like how Akeem brought cZerker up, this will bring Spellbreaker up.  QQ posts on the PvP forums are coming.
  • Relic of the Midnight King: Grant Might and Fury to nearby allies when you disable an enemy.
    • This will depend on the might stacks. Could be nice for solo play. If Mending Might ever gets changed to heal allies we grant might to, then this would be even nicer. Still, on a Phalanx Strength plus Might Makes Right build this will be very nice self sustain depending on the might stacks.
  • Relic of the Demon Queen: Poison that you apply reduces Healing by an additional amount. Disabling a foe applies Poison.
    • This one will be scary. The reduced healing from poison is unaffected by resistance. From the stream will be a 40% reduction in healing. Depending on how many stacks of poison it applies on CC, this may pair well with Body Blow seeing as Roy and CMC have refused to make it do strike damage. Might be nice, sustained damage over Akeem's burstiness while also keeping the target from recovering as well from it. Hopefully its 2-3 stacks for 4s and not 1 stack for Xs. Still, it will be a nice tool to add into a build to keep your target from healing.

Al in all, these will be nice relics. Nayos and Midnight King (with the right traits) will be nice self sustain relics. Febe may help replace Mending, though I doubt it. Depending on which clears condis first Febe+Mending may be broken. Karakosa, depending on the healing numbers may be a bridge into heal warrior. Run sword/horn+LB, take Berserker Top/Mid/Mid Tactics Mid/Mid/Mid Disc: Bot (after the 28th)/Top/Mid or Bot. Blood Reckoning, SiO, FGJ, Banner of Defense/Tactics, Headbutt/Battle Standard. Defense will provide regen. Shrug it Off would give heal on cleansing some condis, Karakosa will heal on the 4 blast finishers on the bar, and SiO/FGJ are there on ammo for 3 to 4 more heals all while providing quickness, might, fury, barriers, vigor, swiftness, resolution, protection, and either regen and aegis or stability and resistance. Nourys will turn Spellbreakers into Chuck Norris Cosplayers in PvP, there will be QQ. Let them cook. Demon Queen low key worries me. On the one hand I want it to give multiple stacks of poison to open up more condi options to warrior, on the other hand that increased heal penalty is not something I want to fight against.

Edited by Lan Deathrider.5910
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

@Lan Deathrider.5910 imagine If your gonna be able to Play karakosa relic in comb with Banner of Defence, longbow Sword Warhorn, shout healings and soldire focus plus the new healing boost traitline in discipline and healing sigil on weapon sweaps. The Healing on warr might gonna be insane xd. But maybe not good enough still cause of the 10sec CD on soldire focus 😞

Edited by Myror.7521

34 minutes ago, Myror.7521 said:

@Lan Deathrider.5910 imagine If your gonna be able to Play karakosa relic in comb with Banner of Defence, longbow Sword Warhorn, shout healings and soldire focus plus the new healing boost traitline in discipline and healing sigil on weapon sweaps. The Healing on warr might gonna be insane xd. But maybe not good enough still cause of the 10sec CD on soldire focus 😞

Then give your feedback regarding the balance patch in the relevant threads - of the discrepancy between "removing the ICD on Heat the Soul because everyone hated it" and "Soldier's Focus existing".

42 minutes ago, Myror.7521 said:

What Jzaku said.

When they reworked Tactics, they strangled the support in the crib with the CD. It was 15s...

This is what I would do:

Marching Orders: Grant 3 might for 15s to allies in the area when you use (not on hit) a burst skill. Soldier's Focus is removed from the game.

Soldier's Comfort: Heal and grant protection to allies in the area when you use (not on hit) a burst skill. Reduced healing and duration on self.

• Tier 1: 2s of protection, 500 healing (0.5 scaling)
  • Tier 2: 3s of protection, 750 healing (0.75 scaling)
  • Tier 3: 4s of protection, 1000 healing (1.0 scaling)
  • All durations halved on self healing reduced by 3/4s on self.
  • No CD.

Empower Allies: No applies directly to Marching Orders rather than Soldier's Focus.

Martial Cadence: Grant boons to allies when you use (not on hit) a burst skill.

• 1 stack of Stability, 3s (Pve). 2s of quickness (PvP/WvW)
  • 2 stacks of stability, 3s (PvE) 3s of quickness (PvP/WvW)
  • 4 stacks of stability, 3s (PvE) 4s of quickness (PvP/WvW)

As to this thread topic, yeah, Karakosa if it has decent Heal/second based on amount and CD, it could very well open up Heal warrior.

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

I pray that midnight king gives good Fury uptime. 

I have an amazing build that hopes to see the light of day one day. The only puzzle piece missing is a relic that gives roughly 50% Fury uptime (with Boon Duration). 

Replacing the lost effect of Firework. 

No place for FGJ in that build?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Fair.

There are 2 boons that are must have for me on my berserker. 

Quickness and Fury. Ofcourse your first thought goes to Heat the Soul. 

However, I play Aggressive onslaught. Which gets buffed on the 28th. So less reason to switch off it for me. And this Trait already gets me Perma quickness. 

The only other source for fury on my build is wild blow. 10s with 20s CD. 

Sooooo, if I could bridge the Fury gap, I could switch Heat the soul to blood reaction. Gaining a whooping 410 Ferocity. 

Sure, Banner or FGJ could work but I rather drop a rage skill for bull charge for movement and cc synergy. 

8 minutes ago, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

There are 2 boons that are must have for me on my berserker. 

Quickness and Fury. Ofcourse your first thought goes to Heat the Soul. 

However, I play Aggressive onslaught. Which gets buffed on the 28th. So less reason to switch off it for me. And this Trait already gets me Perma quickness. 

The only other source for fury on my build is wild blow. 10s with 20s CD. 

Sooooo, if I could bridge the Fury gap, I could switch Heat the soul to blood reaction. Gaining a whooping 410 Ferocity. 

Sure, Banner or FGJ could work but I rather drop a rage skill for bull charge for movement and cc synergy. 

Those are all fair points.

To me, Relic of the Midnight King looks the least uninteresting of these.

But has there been any information about them adding more core Relics? The ones we currently have are so unappealing to me that I didn't even bother using the free boxes.

Edited by Fueki.4753

23 minutes ago, Fueki.4753 said:

But has there been any information about them adding more core Relics? The ones we currently have are so unappealing to me that I didn't even bother using the free boxes.

I think it is expansion relics for the foreseeable future. But that does not mean that there will not be more core relics at some future date.

1 minute ago, Myror.7521 said:

@Lan Deathrider.5910 idk I would like a simple buff so it got a 5 Seconds CD instead of a 10 Seconds one xd

It would still run into the same issue as the current Heat the Soul. The Soldier's Focus line of traits in Tactics need to function solely on Burst use and be scaled based on tier of burst.

I haven't bought the expac (obviously) but I can def see how a build like Cele Hamm/Bow SpB might become competetive again. Poison and an easy way of inflicting it, cover condies via Body Blow and general QoL in the SpB line sound like a decent change. SpB for a condi build was falling off to the likes of say a mace/x bow zerker with Akeem. But still I'm not a fan of these builds cause they feel boring very quickly. 

This relic sounds like a decent option for power hamm warr too tho since you can capitalize on the decreased healing percentage on the enemy. If they are disabled that is. That's a big if in WvW. 

1 hour ago, Grand Marshal.4098 said:

I haven't bought the expac (obviously) but I can def see how a build like Cele Hamm/Bow SpB might become competetive again. Poison and an easy way of inflicting it, cover condies via Body Blow and general QoL in the SpB line sound like a decent change. SpB for a condi build was falling off to the likes of say a mace/x bow zerker with Akeem. But still I'm not a fan of these builds cause they feel boring very quickly. 

This relic sounds like a decent option for power hamm warr too tho since you can capitalize on the decreased healing percentage on the enemy. If they are disabled that is. That's a big if in WvW. 

Yeah, with BB as cover condis I can see it doing well. Again, ICD and stacks will matter in the end.

On 11/3/2023 at 9:34 AM, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Al in all, these will be nice relics. Nayos and Midnight King (with the right traits) will be nice self sustain relics. Febe may help replace Mending, though I doubt it. Depending on which clears condis first Febe+Mending may be broken. Karakosa, depending on the healing numbers may be a bridge into heal warrior. Run sword/horn+LB, take Berserker Top/Mid/Mid Tactics Mid/Mid/Mid Disc: Bot (after the 28th)/Top/Mid or Bot. Blood Reckoning, SiO, FGJ, Banner of Defense/Tactics, Headbutt/Battle Standard. Defense will provide regen. Shrug it Off would give heal on cleansing some condis, Karakosa will heal on the 4 blast finishers on the bar, and SiO/FGJ are there on ammo for 3 to 4 more heals all while providing quickness, might, fury, barriers, vigor, swiftness, resolution, protection, and either regen and aegis or stability and resistance. Nourys will turn Spellbreakers into Chuck Norris Cosplayers in PvP, there will be QQ. Let them cook. Demon Queen low key worries me. On the one hand I want it to give multiple stacks of poison to open up more condi options to warrior, on the other hand that increased heal penalty is not something I want to fight against.

I have a build with old Superior rune of aristocracy, might makes me right and bodyblow to big sustain, big damage and a lot of dosges, now i can use it again.

@Lan Deathrider.5910I am mainly exited for the Midnight King. If you bear a bit with me, I will elaborate why. I ask a bit of patience. 

The main reason is, for what I play, fury. I speak mainly for wvw, both solo and a bit of zerging. I have four builds which will greatly benefit from fury. 

1-Power Berserker. Tactics mid-bot-top/Defence all top/Berserker all bot. The "crimson path" build, my favorite ever, the one that allows me to not only survive extreme amounts of damage, but also trade favourably during immunity windows. Axe-Axe and Mace-Shield. I run it all Marauder (60ish crit chance and some 25k health when things go sideways) with dragon weapons. Rune of the defender for heals on blocks (including aegis from sundering leap. No heal on reflects when shield mastery triggers, but aegis reflect abuse is worth it). Thanks to axe mastery, Ferocity is ludicrous for how much punishment I can endure. The main thing that hinders my damage is lack of fury coverage. Axe 2 is way too low in fury uptime, so I am forced to squeeze a decapitate, axe 4 and axe 5 in a very tight window to bank on that 215%ish crit multiplier. Maybe an axe 3 if axe 2 hits more than one target. If I give up Dead or Alive for Heat the Soul, I give up a surefire way to heal during a damage immunity window, which I routinely bank on thanks to eternal champion and high health. With the change to pack runes, I lost the fury they gave me. With Midnight King, depending on how long it is and its ICD, I will get it back. My set up is made of a shield 4, mace f1 if I can, and headbutt. If these gave me fury, the pressure I could apply would be massively improved. The other main benefit is for the variants of this build that I run. Pistol offhand has a lot of uses, contrary to what people here think. Pistol 4 has high vuln, it has aegis (with everything this entails), it triggers warrior's sprint, it's a gap closer, it's an ammo skill and it doesn't even need to hit to get the pistol 5 refill. And pistol 5, despite the knockback, still triggers warrior's sprint because of it, it eats through aegis and blind and can be used in rapid succession at full power. It suffers the same issue above, however: not enough fury. Berserk, Axe 2, pistol 5, pistol 4, decapitate, pistol 4, pistol 5 isn't wholly covered. If you give me fury on the set up, the amount of damage increases significantly. With offhand dagger instead of pistol, a dagger 4 opener when you enter berserk mode, just after headbutt, would hit very hard. I'd even consider ditching main hand axe and getting mace or dagger, which would both give fury, provided that Midnight King gives enough of it. In fact, the mobility from dagger-pistol could substitute shield 4 as headbutt set up, and with the quickness from berserk mode I think you would pull off even a parting gunflame on your f2. With fury. Would be unadultered kek. 

-Strength Spellbreaker variation. Strength-Tactics. One with offhand pistol instead of shield. I tailored this specifically to butcher thieves. No shield because thieves often ignore blocks and landing shield 4 on them is especially difficult. And they get superspeed when entering or exiting stealth. Pistol is there because it eats through blinds and it has a lot of movement, and movement is key to killing thieves. If I get fury on cc, I get it on full counter and main hand dagger. And bull's charge. This means that I'm no longer pigeonholed in landing a greatsword f1 first before going at it with the dagger and pistol setup. And the might will be welcome, because mmr. The same things here that help me butcher thieves usually help me butcher willbenders, catalysts and harbingers if I can manage it. I'd gladly sacrifice the "fastest hands" mode granted by relic of the warrior. Same goes for the two builds below. 

3-Defence Spellbreaker. You know it, I hope you love it. Fury on cc would allow me to ditch the greatsword for a proper defensive set of mace and shield, because I wouldn't need gs f1 to get fury. More cc, more boonrip, more weakness, more banking on no escape and all the bottom row in Defence. And fury on full counter. Hammer 2 will be an inexorable truck after that, and most importantly it will not require me to waste skills on building and ensuring greatsword f1 prior to hammer time. 

4-Hammer core. The ultimate "begone, harbs", applicable to eles and guards too. Defence bot-bot-bot or mid/Strength bot-mid-bot/Tactics mid-bot-bot. Hammer and greatsword. The greatsword is still there to give fury, while might is accessory and Forceful Greatsword is there only because I'm pigeonholed into greatsword anyways. If you take Cleansing Ire, like I often do, you could be the one soul other than me that uses Destruction of the Empowered (best trait name in game). If I had fury access on cc, I'd be able to either pull off the rifle f1 kek from build 1 (with quickness from Aggressive Onslaught, too, and possibly stab from Stalwart Strength) with room for rifle 5 setup, or better yet get the mace and shield combo to again bank more on Defence. Works like a proper defensive set, too. Also notice the fact that, as much as we belittle mace damage, its auto chain is hilariously backloaded. Add reliable quickness to it, and surprise, 4k hit before or after your hammer time. Also, since I wouldn't run greatsword nor mmr, Forceful Greatsword would be near useless. Body blow too, because I already have enough weakness spam. So Great Fortitude, my beloved. "Nooooo stat increase traits are bad reeeee" oh come off it, I'm still sad about Armored Attack getting removed, you will not deprive me of this, too. More health and ferocity is always good and very on brand for warriors. 

As you may have understood, I dislike greatsword. And I like pistol. "reee why pistol isn't ranged reeeeee" my brawny brethren, if I wanted range, I'd have picked another class. Warrior is so good that even the gun is melee. Only understandable complaint for me is the knock back on pistol 5. Make it a gap closer too. I must be in their face even more. As for Midnight King, I am also very exited because it would benefit the one other class I truly like after warrior: mesmer. The power mirage sword-pistol build benefits greatly from fury on cc, because it has a ton of that. A lot of sustained damage, but little burst. I play it when I want to feel like a cackling troll. It does what the warrior does for me (cc and attrition), but with a confusing spin to it. 

Edited by howdy.7604
Typo
  • Like 1