Stop items on chests and NPCs

Sarah.8354

Items, toys and portals made by stupid players in correspondence with chests and NPCs must be prohibited. It's not possible that after making a meta like in Auric Basin, but also in the new map, a player can't open the chests they've earned or accidentally use a portal and find themselves in other parts of the map because stupid players have fun with stupid pranks. This also applies to NPCs with which you have to interact. As with mounts, a Disable Zone must be created for Toys, Items and portals that prevent you from interacting with other objects, chests and NPCs. Or in the options put the possibility for the player to disable the use of such items if placed by other players. This problem needs a solution now.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 2

There is a solution in the options already. You can bind “next ally” in key binds to easily open the chest you want when trolls do this. Also, there is a buff that will spawn a merchant right on top of the chest if the players inventory is full. This is an accident on their side and not intentional trolling. 

• Like 1

Mesmer portals have a time limit between when the entrance portal is placed and when the exit portal is placed.  This does limit how far away the mesmer can place the exit portal.  If they take too long the entrance portal closes before they can place the exit. 

I have never tried hopping onto a mount to get extra distance., wouldn't that cancel the portal skill?

27 minutes ago, Freya.9075 said:

There is a solution in the options already. You can bind “next ally” in key binds to easily open the chest you want when trolls do this.

Except when there are 20 players standing around the object, try to get the correct target. 😄 You need to zoom in as far as possible to reduce the pool of friendly targets. It occasionally is an annoyance for sure. 😉

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

9 minutes ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

Except when there are 20 players standing around the object, try to get the correct target. 😄 You need to zoom in as far as possible to reduce the pool of friendly targets. It occasionally is an annoyance for sure. 😉

When this happens, I just loot the other chests nearby, then go back when the big blob of players are finished looting. Or wait a few seconds until they move on. It's not like these things happen to every chests after a meta. Usually it's only one if any at all. No reason to let these trolls get to you by getting annoyed. That's what they want

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

31 minutes ago, Freya.9075 said:

When this happens, I just loot the other chests nearby, then go back when the big blob of players are finished looting.

"Just"? It eats up time, and if you are in a hurry to get to the next map's meta, you might not make it in time to find a squad whose instance isn't "full" yet. So yeah, those trolls' intention is definitely to aggravate your experience.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

"Just"? It eats up time, and if you are in a hurry to get to the next map's meta, you might not make it in time to find a squad whose instance isn't "full" yet. So yeah, those trolls' intention is definitely to aggravate your experience.

I do not have any issues getting to other metas after looting and I do it this way. Say you do chak before octovine, and there is someone placing a toy or npc over a chest there with many people around the chest in question, I just loot the other chests first and open the first chest last. It takes me just a few more seconds to finish looting this way as all the chests are so close to each others. And that will not affect my chance to get into octovine right after. If it's after octovine, it tends to be the first big chest, so what I do is loot the small ones close by, then the big since most of the people moved on by the time I did that. Also just a few seconds lost. So yes. I just do this and it's working fine for me.

These annoyed reactions are the very reason trolls still do this to this day. It would be better if players were not able to spawn these things near chests, but there are ways to circumvent this issue. Which is why I informed about it.

• Like 1