Any tips before starting Vision?

So I just finished crafting Aurora (yay) and now im looking to craft vision too as my next step but after a break to regain my resources and gold again. Meanwhile any tips you guys wanna give me? like time gates resources like druid runestone was for aurora? (excluding xunlai ingots)

Thank you brothers and sisters

Start the collection on Istan to be able to purchase Astral recipes, you'll need them. It's very easy, but time gated, 7 days. Cost almost nothing.

Kralkatite ore for the Astral weapons. You'll need 3000+, so plan accordingly.

If you don't have it, start PoF skyscale collection. You need Rift closing mastery to complete Vision, no way around it. First 4 steps are very cheap, just time consuming (and soul crushing for me, TF those Air, Fire, Earth sub collections). 

If you play WvW, you can get the armor pieces required on Visions of _Map_ instead of the annoying collections, all but one can be done there. 

In fact, gold is not a blocker for Vision at all until near the end, you can do most of it without spending. 

Funerary Incense! Do not forget Funerary Incense. Time-gated. You can buy one per day per renown heart in Vabbi. You need 100.

Also, buying a Brandstone Node for my home instance was one of my best investments in the last six years. I must admit that with lower prices for Powdered Rose Quartz make it less appealing, but if you are planning to do this over several months rather than a few weeks, it may still be the way to go. Doing Istan dailies when they are on the S4 rotation is also good.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Harfang.1507 said:

Funerary Incense! Do not forget Funerary Incense. Time-gated. You can buy one per day per renown heart in Vabbi. You need 100.

"You can buy an unlimited number using Trade Contracts or Elegy Mosaics from Primeval Steward at the Tomb of the Primeval Kings in Desert Highlands."

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, disForm.2837 said:

Start the collection on Istan to be able to purchase Astral recipes, you'll need them. It's very easy, but time gated, 7 days. Cost almost nothing.

Kralkatite ore for the Astral weapons. You'll need 3000+, so plan accordingly.

If you don't have it, start PoF skyscale collection. You need Rift closing mastery to complete Vision, no way around it. First 4 steps are very cheap, just time consuming (and soul crushing for me, TF those Air, Fire, Earth sub collections). 

If you play WvW, you can get the armor pieces required on Visions of _Map_ instead of the annoying collections, all but one can be done there. 

In fact, gold is not a blocker for Vision at all until near the end, you can do most of it without spending. 

But where can I get 3000+ kralkatites if the daily chests gives around 30....

1 hour ago, Dark Viper.2378 said:

Heart quests on Istan. The one near the observatory and the one very south are pretty fast. The one in the center with the pirates. That's 25×3=75 kralk ore per day

Gather ice in the icebrood saga and convert in bjora marches into season 4 materials, aka kralk ore.

Wvw/spvp reward track final chests for istan also yield kralk.

2 hours ago, Dark Viper.2378 said:

Go Bjora Marches, open the three large chest each day (3 minutes)  and maybe do Drakkar (~15 min). Then use ice shards + karma in the merchant to buy any Season 4 token, including kralkatite.

5 hours ago, Dark Viper.2378 said:

As the others said, the conversion of ice shards can work well.

Otherwise you will need to hang around Istan and be on the lookout for the impacts so that you can use your scanner and mine the materials. Each renown heart vendor will also net you some ore, and that can be done per character. I also made sure to do the Sunspear Uprising and Palawadan metas while in Istan for the ore in the chests, as they will help up your count (once per day per account or character, I do not recall).

I know I did some conversions but mostly had characters parked in Istan, since I was a little burned out on Icebrood doing it across many characters.

Edited by synk.6907
Icebrood is the saga, shards are the material