Create Otherworldly Bonds when Revenants Brandish Scepters

Rubi Bayer.8493

2 minutes ago, Angesombre.4630 said:

if you take herald you will be able to do almost everything. Might be hard to use in WvW.

I'm not sure about heal Herald; shield is getting buffs and this is a support build, but for the kind of players that run support builds (radiders) the current meta is using offesinve support builds with quickness (Herald) and defensive support builds with alacrity (Druid). Will be heal Herald able to compete with Druid, specially since means turning one of your potential quickness providers into a support with no alacrity? 

• Confused 4

16 minutes ago, Buran.3796 said:

I'm not sure about heal Herald; shield is getting buffs and this is a support build, but for the kind of players that run support builds (radiders) the current meta is using offesinve support builds with quickness (Herald) and defensive support builds with alacrity (Druid). Will be heal Herald able to compete with Druid, specially since means turning one of your potential quickness providers into a support with no alacrity? 

I'm sorry I didn't explain myself well, I was obviously talking about taking Ventari at the same time as the Herald position as a complement. Even if ventari is a bit difficult to use in WvW. And yes, it doesn't provide any quickness in this game mode.

When I said he'd do everything, I meant he'd even be able to put up barriers. Then, with the vindicator care in barriere mode, it could still be reduced on one side or the other.

Edited by Angesombre.4630
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Buran.3796 said:

At least they made effort in making the animation/effects distinctive. But I don't think I would use it outside the beta: a mele weapon with no mobility or defense outside barrier? I don't think it would have much use in WvW roaming, and for PvE I'm currently fine. 

Tbf the revenant isn't exactly lacking in either mobility or defense in their toolkit, especially with certain legends like Shiro or Jalis...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Buran.3796 said:

Heal alacrity mechanist and quickness firebrands exist, so it's not like quickness and alacrity are purely meant to be used by offensive and defensive supports, respectively...

1 minute ago, LichOverlord.6329 said:

Heal alacrity mechanist and quickness firebrands exist, so it's not like quickness and alacrity are purely meant to be used by offensive and defensive supports, respectively...

Yes, but I heard that hMech is not that popular anymore.  Is not like those builds aren't good (they are) but about that the kind of players which care about the wingman meta oftenly swap specs as soon as something gets buffed.  Personally I think that the beta is the part of the game in which I'll use the scepter the most since I don't think it will outclass mace in damage at PvE and at WvW seems focused in group support.

• Confused 1

11 minutes ago, Buran.3796 said:

Yes, but I heard that hMech is not that popular anymore.  Is not like those builds aren't good (they are) but about that the kind of players which care about the wingman meta oftenly swap specs as soon as something gets buffed.  Personally I think that the beta is the part of the game in which I'll use the scepter the most since I don't think it will outclass mace in damage at PvE and at WvW seems focused in group support.

I see HAMs all the time in my raid groups...

This is a very interesting gameplay for sure. However I am genuinely worried. I play 5 professions, Revenant, Guardian, Warrior, Necro and Engineer. Of all tjose classes (and I think of the entire game) none has such an strong autoattack. Might, barrier and 350 clesving? That is too much. I am sure that even other revenants would agree that while it seems fun, it is not fair at all. Not to mention the amount of barrier this will probably generate together with skills 2 and 3.While I am not against it, I hope it is properly balanced as we have had way to many releases already in which Rev was objectively too strong in more than one way. Other than that, I must say that the concept seems very good, I really want to try it.

4 hours ago, Kanek.5472 said:

Gee, it's incredible how Revenant got more out of three buttons than warrior did with five.

The warrior staff showcase didn't reveal what all the buttons did. Rev scepter is the only weapon so far to have everything revealed, probably because it's the only profession that's only getting three buttons.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, arazoth.7290 said:

I really think the coëfficiënts around damage-/barrier output will be pretty balanced. And that it stacks well according to role, support or damage. So that it won't give the same time too much damage output and high barier.

nah we said same thing about Support Vindicator. Now its Barrier is super weak and heals not sustainable in WvW. This will be no different. It just give Shield a mainhand to pair with now.

• Like 2