Create Otherworldly Bonds when Revenants Brandish Scepters

Rubi Bayer.8493

1 hour ago, Elricht Kaltwind.8796 said:

Not all bludgeons are maces 

As far as Guild Wars 2 is concerned, all one-handed bludgeons are classified as being in the mace category, even if they'd technically be hammers, clubs, and the like.

Unless we do get a scepter that is actually used as a bonk stick (this seems, as some people have said, to be more a case of using it as the handle of an oversized lightsaber).

27 minutes ago, Knighthonor.4061 said:

nah we said same thing about Support Vindicator. Now its Barrier is super weak and heals not sustainable in WvW. This will be no different. It just give Shield a mainhand to pair with now.

Well that was mainly because of passive dodging with vindicator. Which did apply good barrier, good heal, increased outgoing nicely too and on dodge cleanse. It is little bit much all in one making it harder to balance

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

PvE weapon with nice animation, which is great but would be nice to get something more versatile since rev gets only 3 new skills, unlike most others.

In wvw/Pvp it competes with sword which has excellent sw2 and sw3(when not bugged).

And even in PvE, heal herald can use new heal on blast relic on mace, in heals like 2k per blast on short CD, idk even if new weapon gets stronger that that.

So, I like how it looks and generally I like functionality but I don't want this weapon to be for one try and then swap to better options. Hope they make numbers and energy costs really attractive.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Polar.8634 said:

PvE weapon with nice animation, which is great but would be nice to get something more versatile since rev gets only 3 new skills, unlike most others.

In wvw/Pvp it competes with sword which has excellent sw2 and sw3(when not bugged).

And even in PvE, heal herald can use new heal on blast relic on mace, in heals like 2k per blast on short CD, idk even if new weapon gets stronger that that.

So, I like how it looks and generally I like functionality but I don't want this weapon to be for one try and then swap to better options. Hope they make numbers and energy costs really attractive.

I think it might be a new meta PvE weapon for BoonDPS builds if it has good Power Scaling. It fits perfectly with the playstyle of "Turn on all Upkeeps for Quickness and autochain"

For one, the 123 had good cleave, and 360 cleave at that. Very good for Fractals already. 
The Barrier will help shield alot of passive damage in encounters with area DoT for example just by having Quickness and swinging.
The AoE Might would just be allround good. 

5 hours ago, Yasai.3549 said:

think it might be a new meta PvE weapon for BoonDPS builds if it has good Power Scaling

It can, but I think auto damage should be lower than sword's because of barrier. It is just a guess anyways, they can crank numbers to max to promote expansion 

8 minutes ago, Polar.8634 said:

It can, but I think auto damage should be lower than sword's because of barrier. It is just a guess anyways, they can crank numbers to max to promote expansion 

Or depended on stats how effective the weapon is for its specific role. Auto attack might be most depended to see increase in its specific role. Because op auto otherwise if it's too high on both damage/ barrier amount.

The active skills of scepter could have higher baseline barrier with little less healing power needed for higher numbers. Since some effort is needed to get it of.

I hope though range on tether is long enough that it doesn't gets broken easily.

Also ramp uptime to strengthen the tether shouldn't take too long to get outworldly attraction activated. So I hope that it's well done to keep up the synenergy fluid with scepter.

2 minutes ago, TwistedAlga.4235 said:

I dont know what to say... 

I was hoping for a ranged scepter, for more caster like- abilities and perhaps similar to Ritualist scepter casting from GW1.

It's basically a rev sword abilities but with a scepter, no?

from the looks it's medium ranged and tether might hopefully be 900-1200 range to make it less breakable. It works entirely different from sword abilties, animation wise it has a nice big sword though ^^

• Confused 2

2 hours ago, Polar.8634 said:

It's not usual for "support" weapons to sport high coefficients. For example, Guardian Mace which is very much used for upkeeping Protection and such has a very fast 0.5s 1st and 2nd swing which both outdamage Revenant Sword scaling wise. 

We'll have to see how it'll actually be. But regardless of its strength, it's almost certain that it will be run on Competitive Rev builds that want an alternative to Sword or even Staff swap. That auto chain is just too good for cleaving in sPvP and that tether full powered pull into Shackling Wave > Death Strike is definitely something to look out for. 

Remember back when OH Sword's 5 was Grasping Shadow, which was a backstep plus a pull? We are so back baby. 

Edited by Yasai.3549
  • Thanks 1

Main Rev

Sorry but this Weapon is Pretty useless at the Moment. I dont see the Point of wearing it in PvE, PvP, or WvW without playing Heal, because of 

Fact 1: Barrier Stacks with Healing Power, so in Order to get a high Barrier frome the Scepter Skill that can Block high Damage income, you need to play Heal or the Barrier is going to be too weak to Block 1 single Hit in any game Mode!  

Fact 2: To push your Healing Power you need to play the Legendary Centaur Stance and with it comes Project Tranquility: Project Ventari's tablet into the world. The tablet will heal allies near it every few seconds. And Ventari's Will Legendary Centaur. Will the tablet toward the target location. 

If you got to move in fight you got to move Ventari's tablet on your own aswell. So you need to keep an Eye on your Allies your Energy the Fight and the Tablet at the same Time. Your Eyes also need to be everywere all at once and thats why most Revs dont like to play the Legendary Centaur in the first Place...

Fact 3:  Now you got to chose between the Herald Trait Elevated Compassion: Heal allies when you grant them boons. Grant Boons to allies when your upkeep cost is equal to or higher than the threshold. Or the Vindicator Trait Saint of zu Heltzer: The affected area of your dodge is increased. You now heal allies in an area when you land instead of dealing Damage. Outgoing healing is increased for a period of time upon landing. (Drop from above, granting Barrier and Healing to allies in the affected area.)

Because now you grant Might with the Scepter to allies and could heal them if you play Herald or you Heal dodge and grant a second high Barrier and... Heal but you only get might and as Healer giving might i dont need to wear the Scepter, because most off everybody else in my Party gives allready Might...     

Fact 4: If The Scepter become a Closecombat Weapon, you gonna wear a Shild off Hand, because it can Block and Heal and cleans Conditions if you trait (Anet is about to change that), but the Staff is doing all of it allready and also can knock back, so you choose at the End again but now between Scepter & Shild and or Staff.

Sure you could wear both weapons, but most Rev Healer in Game dont play only Heal and wear a Hammer or a Shortbow as second Weapon Set to kite, or Sword / Sword for more  dps. So it would be by far better if the Sceper would be a range Weapon... 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 4

18 minutes ago, Freedoms.2635 said:

I actually really like this idea since some classes can use a weapon in a unorthodox way. My hope it's attack animation is alittle quicker than show cased and has a range of 600. 

It won't have 600 on the autoattack, that'd be guardian lootstick again and they killed that for a reason. I'd guess about 300 based off the video and the typical ranges of similar effects.

Thought that's been rattling in my brain:

While the description implies it's full power, I kinda hope they'll work in some condition damage in there, for a few reasons:

First, it fits thematically. Mallyx and the Kryptis might be different kinds of demons, but it makes sense for Demon Stance to work well with another demon-inspired weapon. Kryptis have also proved, at least in my experience, to throw a lot of damaging conditions around.

Second, of the core legends, the colour of the effects seem like they'd fit better with Mallyx's purple than Shiro's green or Jalis' blue.

Third, power builds already have staff as a defensive/healing set. Making scepter hybrid would give condition builds, potentially including condition/healing hybrids like celestial, a defensive set as well.

Fourth, there are already more power weapons, particularly melee(ish) power weapons, on the profession than condition. It's been nice to be able to go from mace/X and mace/Y to mace and shortbow, but it would be nice to have a third option.

44 minutes ago, draxynnic.3719 said:

Thought that's been rattling in my brain:

While the description implies it's full power, I kinda hope they'll work in some condition damage in there, for a few reasons:

First, it fits thematically. Mallyx and the Kryptis might be different kinds of demons, but it makes sense for Demon Stance to work well with another demon-inspired weapon. Kryptis have also proved, at least in my experience, to throw a lot of damaging conditions around.

Second, of the core legends, the colour of the effects seem like they'd fit better with Mallyx's purple than Shiro's green or Jalis' blue.

Third, power builds already have staff as a defensive/healing set. Making scepter hybrid would give condition builds, potentially including condition/healing hybrids like celestial, a defensive set as well.

Fourth, there are already more power weapons, particularly melee(ish) power weapons, on the profession than condition. It's been nice to be able to go from mace/X and mace/Y to mace and shortbow, but it would be nice to have a third option.

Who knows it might be already. The description says damage, but not what kind and we don't know the strengthening effects on skill 2/3. So it may be power yes, but they could have deliberately made the description vague. We will see on testing date I guess

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, draxynnic.3719 said:

It won't have 600 on the autoattack, that'd be guardian lootstick again and they killed that for a reason. I'd guess about 300 based off the video and the typical ranges of similar effects.

Yea but I can remain hopeful, the barrier range has to be half decent. I would really hate it to have the tiny circle around them