Rev scepter animations....

Aeolus.3615

• Aeolus.3615 changed the title to Rev sxepter animations....
  • Aeolus.3615 changed the title to Rev scepter animations....

Is this melee? it seems that it shows some sort of skill that goes to the target then returns to the revenant and the autoattack chain or it seems that the autoattack chain looks like "melee" but in reality that blade has range.

I find the description better and i really like it from a support view giving might, barrier and pulling enemies, this can replace the main hand weapon in healer builds.

That ranged skill was shield 4... Idk why they included it, maybe to show the speed increase they are doing on the 28th. It was extra silly cause the video makes it look like that skill aggro'd the mob when shield 4 doesn't do any damage. 

Anyways, I sure hope it is a unique "melee" weapon and is like 240-450 range cause that effect will look silly if we're just sitting in our usual 130 range bonking it with a scepter while the "mist blade" effect extends like 6 ft behind the thing we're hitting. Based off the video, the dude is right up next to him so it makes me think its just the normal 130 melee with flashy effects, but it was also a melee mob that ran up to attack back.

We'll just have to wait to see the preview stream/beta, Hopefully my thinking is wrong and it has a bit of range to it.

Welp if this is the scepter idea, call me massively disappointed. We needed another healing primary focus support and a range weapon instead we got another melee.

Seriously barrier and might when have we had issues with either of those? It's bad enough Vindi is still a joke for support but the scepter is doing what we already can do on the one role everyone wants, and fairly decently in the other two roles.

I really want to know who is this for in the end? Healers are still going to pick staff because unless this barrier is significant it's not going to do much, and melee will just go to other weapons unless the damage is some how awesome enough to sit through the humiliation of doing what we already do naturally.

Edited by Ravenwulfe.5360
  • Like 4
  • Confused 1

36 minutes ago, UncreativeGreen.2019 said:

That ranged skill was shield 4... Idk why they included it, maybe to show the speed increase they are doing on the 28th. It was extra silly cause the video makes it look like that skill aggro'd the mob when shield 4 doesn't do any damage. 

Anyways, I sure hope it is a unique "melee" weapon and is like 240-450 range cause that effect will look silly if we're just sitting in our usual 130 range bonking it with a scepter while the "mist blade" effect extends like 6 ft behind the thing we're hitting. Based off the video, the dude is right up next to him so it makes me think its just the normal 130 melee with flashy effects, but it was also a melee mob that ran up to attack back.

We'll just have to wait to see the preview stream/beta, Hopefully my thinking is wrong and it has a bit of range to it.

I think it was scepter skill 3 that applied that effect. It still has written in description that some animation effects can be temporarily reused and still incomplete to show. So they showed the auto attack ones to show off

imo

• Confused 2

2 hours ago, Ravenwulfe.5360 said:

Welp if this is the scepter idea, call me massively disappointed. We needed another healing primary focus support and a range weapon instead we got another melee.

Seriously barrier and might when have we had issues with either of those? It's bad enough Vindi is still a joke for support but the scepter is doing what we already can do on the one role everyone wants, and fairly decently in the other two roles.

I really want to know who is this for in the end? Healers are still going to pick staff because unless this barrier is significant it's not going to do much, and melee will just go to other weapons unless the damage is some how awesome enough to sit through the humiliation of doing what we already do naturally.

I don't understand vindicator is good and it'll give you vigor (irony).

More seriously, it's only good in terms of heal, unfortunately.

Edited by Angesombre.4630

16 hours ago, Angesombre.4630 said:

I don't understand vindicator is good and it'll give you vigor (irony).

More seriously, it's only good in terms of heal, unfortunately.

Yea and if you try to say you want to vinid heal on any team well you will be met with a kick before anything else. I think I got allowed to vindi heal, once, in a strike.

6 minutes ago, Ravenwulfe.5360 said:

Yea and if you try to say you want to vinid heal on any team well you will be met with a kick before anything else. I think I got allowed to vindi heal, once, in a strike.

I always use vindi heal for my daily fractals t4 because of high healing having almost no wipes. I make own group in case  

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 3

2 hours ago, arazoth.7290 said:

I always use vindi heal for my daily fractals t4 because of high healing having almost no wipes. I make own group in case  

That's actually possible since it does the shield 4 skill animation, Anet wants to show the skill changed version, they just reaped it from 2 angles.

2 hours ago, Ravenwulfe.5360 said:

Theres a solution for that, reduce boons from game and make game harder, rather than make low player effort content.

Edited by Aeolus.3615
  • Like 1
  • Confused 3

On 11/14/2023 at 5:14 AM, Ravenwulfe.5360 said:

It's like they're making Revs use weapons weird on purpose at this rate. We need Mace now so it becomes ranged like Hammer. 

Jokes aside, Staff would be pretty darn nice if the auto chain is just changed to a projectile that explodes for damage and heal in its AoE. Would be so much better than just healing on third spinny spin and only around the Rev in handshaking distance. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Yasai.3549 said:

It's like they're making Revs use weapons weird on purpose at this rate. We need Mace now so it becomes ranged like Hammer. 

Jokes aside, Staff would be pretty darn nice if the auto chain is just changed to a projectile that explodes for damage and heal in its AoE. Would be so much better than just healing on third spinny spin and only around the Rev in handshaking distance. 

We have mace. Maybe it's time for ghostly bayonet melee rifle?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

8 hours ago, Angesombre.4630 said:

At some point, they'll be forced to make new weapons, knowing that the warrior will have almost everything.

Warrior lack short bow, main hand pistol, scepter and focus, so that's at least 4 more years/expansions before being able to add new weapons (and they could easily chose to make the spear a and trident as land weapons so they don't have make one trillion new cultural/dungeon skins for a new weapon, as they would have if they add new weapons). You'll see HORSES added to the game before that happens...

Edited by Buran.3796
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Angesombre.4630 said:

At some point, they'll be forced to make new weapons, knowing that the warrior will have almost everything.
We could think of the javelin from gw1 and the scythe.

I honestly doubt we are ever getting purely new weapons (or races for that matter), seeing the approach they took with Bladesworn's gunsaber. As weapon choices are getting more limited, the dawn for Guild Wars 3 is getting nearer. 

6 hours ago, Buran.3796 said:

Warrior lack short bow, main hand pistol, scepter and focus, so that's at least 4 more years/expansions before being able to add new weapons (and they could easily chose to make the spear a and trident as land weapons so they don't have make one trillion new cultural/dungeon skins for a new weapon, as they would have if they add new weapons). You'll see HORSES added to the game before that happens...

long live the scepter and focus for warrior 🤣

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

43 minutes ago, phokus.8934 said:

No, all greatswords have a cap of 3 so they were keeping it uniformed.

Ha! The bullcrap detector is ringing...  Necros has 3 skills in their greatswords with a 5 target cap (and also two chills, which remembers me that we lost ours in Phantom's Onslaught!). So don't search for logic when the true is that they operate in burst of randomness "let's throw crap against the wall and see what sticks". 

Greatsword was perfectly fine with 5 tag in the autos, the same that 5 tag in the auto was perfectly fine in Guardian's staff (have been unable to use that weapon in any game mode since the nerf like 7+ years ago) the same that Coalescence of Ruin was fine in how operated and only nedded tunning in damage and cooldown numbers. I don't care about the scepter (which I won't use) but don't try to defend A loses X due B doesn't have it because last time I checked  profession had specific mechanics, advantages and disadvantages which aren't shared. By the same metric all gretswords in the game have cc while ours not, so having a 5 tag cap was nothing special...

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Buran.3796 said:

Ha! The bullcrap detector is ringing...  Necros has 3 skills in their greatswords with a 5 target cap (and also two chills, which remembers me that we lost ours in Phantom's Onslaught!). So don't search for logic when the true is that they operate in burst of randomness "let's throw crap against the wall and see what sticks". 

Greatsword was perfectly fine with 5 tag in the autos, the same that 5 tag in the auto was perfectly fine in Guardian's staff (have been unable to use that weapon in any game mode since the nerf like 7+ years ago) the same that Coalescence of Ruin was fine in how operated and only nedded tunning in damage and cooldown numbers. I don't care about the scepter (which I won't use) but don't try to defend A loses X due B doesn't have it because last time I checked  profession had specific mechanics, advantages and disadvantages which aren't shared. By the same metric all gretswords in the game have cc while ours not, so having a 5 tag cap was nothing special...

No one is saying that Vind greatsword needed changing.  It was and should go back to 5 targets but this is the reality we live.in, unfortunately.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Buran.3796 said:

The detector is ringing indeed, but like the tolling bell, it rings for thee...

Necromancer greatsword has skills with a five target cap, but the autoattacks are 3. Vindicator also has five target caps on skills 2, 3 and the flipover of 4. So they're equivalent in that respect. Comparing to Wave of Wrath is also disingenuous since that was removed years ago and is therefore hardly representative of autoattacks now. Meanwhile, engineer flamethrower, which should have a higher target cap on its auto if anything does, is also capped at 3. You might not like it, but the auto being capped at 3 is absolutely consistent.

• Thanks 1

On 11/15/2023 at 11:11 PM, draxynnic.3719 said:

The detector is ringing indeed, but like the tolling bell, it rings for thee...

Necromancer greatsword has skills with a five target cap, but the autoattacks are 3. 

You might not like it, but the auto being capped at 3 is absolutely consistent.

Anet just announced Guardian's dual pistols, and their auto attack pierces and damages up to 5 enemies...   Did you say anything about consistency?

• Like 3
  • Confused 1