Jump to content
  • Sign Up

Player helping Players......


Recommended Posts

So, I have been working doing the skyscale collections........for the record the person/ developer is EVIL....yes EVIL. A hater of human life. Speaking about the OG skyscale collections. not the SotO skyscale collections.

Anyways, working on the Lost Skyscale lost collection I needed to do the meta in Elon, it wasnt looking good. There was about 4 of us working our way to the meta battle. I figured WTF next time.

So, marched our way to the meta battle. I already resigned my self to a loss...........well...........we started the fight......we were getting our kitten kicked........then out of no where the huge wave of players started showing up.....wave after wave....seriously......waves of platers started showing up. The Boss was toast.

Just gotta say this wont happen all the time. BUT...when it does....WOW

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Windzor.7914 said:

So, I have been working doing the skyscale collections........for the record the person/ developer is EVIL....yes EVIL. A hater of human life. Speaking about the OG skyscale collections. not the SotO skyscale collections.

Anyways, working on the Lost Skyscale lost collection I needed to do the meta in Elon, it wasnt looking good. There was about 4 of us working our way to the meta battle. I figured WTF next time.

So, marched our way to the meta battle. I already resigned my self to a loss...........well...........we started the fight......we were getting our kitten kicked........then out of no where the huge wave of players started showing up.....wave after wave....seriously......waves of platers started showing up. The Boss was toast.

Just gotta say this wont happen all the time. BUT...when it does....WOW

What are you discussion about?

Sounds that there where squads from LFG that joined your map (and maybe people got redirected (map closing when certain requirement are met to start to move player from low population map into one map that is active) from other map instances into your map).

So what are you trying to say here? That you where lucky to be able to finish meta or something else?

  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Congrats on getting the meta done.

While at it, try to familiarize yourself with how the LFG in this game works, how map hopping works (or phrased differently: how you switch from one map instance to another) and how players organize on specific maps for specific events (especially meta events on fixed timers).

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

If it was this week, they were there for the Elon River bounties and came to do the meta at the last minute by chance. You got lucky. But by popping a tag and calling out in map chat, I've always been able to do that meta and in the last couple of months I've done it at least 3 or 4 times.  There's nothing wrong with the collection for the skyscale btw, it's meant to be end game content.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/14/2023 at 12:23 AM, Windzor.7914 said:

for the record the person/ developer is EVIL....yes EVIL. A hater of human life.

I guess the same person created the halloween tower jp
(and only after like 12 years someone else took pity)
(the good thing was just, that it wasn't important,  unlike skyscale; just 3 achievements were tied to it)

  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Lucy.3728 said:

Exactly, after frustrating your way through it, you end the game 😆

Clever, except most everyone in my guild got one, and there wasn't all that much  whining. Everywhere I look, I see skyscales flying around in this game, and that was even before Soto, so some people most have gotten them and are still playing. Maybe your opinion isn't as much of a majority opinion as you think.  It's okay to have an opinion, obviously. The problem is, it's human nature to think that the stronger you feel about something, the more people agree with you.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Vayne.8563 said:

Clever, except most everyone in my guild got one, and there wasn't all that much  whining.

I've gone the that path twice. 2 of my 4 accounts have the skyscale.

First time was the worst, whining, cursing, hating, dropping it all for 2 months etc Everything you can think of but quitting the game entirely.
Second time I was prepared what kitten hits me and could prepare better (also mentally). And I used my 1st acc to help my 2nd.

But I didn't do it a third or fourth time. And not planning to do it again. At least not the awful way.
SotO way is good. 👍

 

Edited by Lucy.3728
  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Lucy.3728 said:

I've gone the that path twice. 2 of my 4 accounts have the skyscale.

First time was the worst, whining, cursing, hating, dropping it all for 2 months etc Everything you can think of but quitting the game entirely.
Second time I was prepared what kitten hits me and could prepare better (also mentally). And I used my 1st acc to help my 2nd.

But I didn't do it a third or fourth time. And not planning to do it again. At least not the awful way.
SotO way is good. 👍

 

I did it 11 times. lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, costepj.5120 said:

Guess people just like to have something to complain about.

Or people are different.

Guess it's not the same people complaining about all the same stuff.

(I'm glad I've only needed 1 world complete so far, done for fun, but every attempt for a second one ended in abandonment due to the tedium of doing all the hearts - I have two chars that have everything but some hearts. On the other hand, I have several GoB in stock. For me, they do themselves, no extra effort is needed at all. Since I don't really need GoE because there are other options, I've never complained about it. Getting Skyscale was terrible. The most horrible gaming experience I've had in the last 15 years - or maybe longer. If I think longer, like a lifetime, my experience with the Lineage game was even worse. - So, everyone is different and experiences things differently).

 

Edited by Lucy.3728
  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/14/2023 at 7:23 AM, Windzor.7914 said:

So, I have been working doing the skyscale collections........for the record the person/ developer is EVIL....yes EVIL. A hater of human life. Speaking about the OG skyscale collections. not the SotO skyscale collections.

The amount of blasphemy I spurted out when I was getting my Skyscale back then is astronomical.

  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yes people enjoy different things, but we do see the same people in the forum complaining constantly. Some openly admit they no longer play the game, but still post.

For my part I avoid sPvP; the rest is all good. I've done full world completion on all my 15 perma characters, plus some key runners who I subsequently deleted. I loved the skyscale collection first time round, so I did the SotO version too. Mostly I think it's a matter of who you play with, rather than what you play. I have RL friends who play and an active WvW guild I run with. 18,000 hours in and still enjoying it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...