Pistols Grant Elementalists the Choice between Greater Damage and Defense

Rubi Bayer.8493

I few more thoughts on pistols looking over the skill sets it looks like the pistol is more about buffing other pistol skills but there maybe 2 skills maybe 3 skills that are real pay off skills for all of this buffing. Elemental Explosion, Frozen Fusillade, and Searing Salvo seem to be the main 3 for non weaver (i do not know the duel skills that well). These 3 skills on there own don't seem worth it most of the time for there effects but the full kit of the pistol seem to want you to push these skills to do high spike dmg or support effects. They do not seems like enofe to carry the wepon for any thing.

Aha, they stealth patched the fact that almost all the skills on core pistol apart from water didn't require facing. Now what I considered the most interesting thing about this weapon is gone. It's a good thing they buffed sword then. There's no reason to run such a bland and one-dimensional weapon apart from raw numbers, but then are you really having fun or are you just performing well? I would vastly prefer that scepter keep its place as a genuine ele weapon with hybrid capabilities and not be shoved into a particular role just because the shiny new toy had the lead-based paint scratched off it.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 4/7/2024 at 2:34 AM, Arheundel.6451 said:

The funny thing is...I expect Anet to even nerf pistol at this point because it has TOP6 golem benchmark ...where the class is not even played in whatever raid meta is at the moment from the looks of it

the pistol has good dps it just has one purpose and one purpose only, sweat condi DPS. for everything else the scepter is better as the pistol feels like kitten to use

• 1 month later...

am yet to see a single ele using pistol in game.  total fail weapon.

even if i come across one i think i'll kick them from squad to express how disappointed i am in anet for making yet another Ele weapon that is comletely useless in the only game mode i care about - WVW.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

On 5/31/2024 at 9:34 AM, scerevisiae.1972 said:

am yet to see a single ele using pistol in game.  total fail weapon.

even if i come across one i think i'll kick them from squad to express how disappointed i am in anet for making yet another Ele weapon that is comletely useless in the only game mode i care about - WVW.

Pistol is currently the best PvE condi weapon for ele and many elementalists use it. Not every weapon has to be used in every gamemode.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, Szatko.8132 said:

Not every weapon has to be used in every gamemode.

yeah i totally agree with you, though multi-game-mode-viability ought always to be an aspirational goal.

trouble is,  WVW Eles have been stuck with the same 3 weapons since launch, 12 years ago: staff/sceptre/dagger.

and for at least 5 of those years, it was only 2: dagger & staff cause sceptre was also terrible.

hence the frustration.

warhorn,/sword,/hammer,/pistol could have been decent in WVW with just a little design effort & iteration.

Edited by scerevisiae.1972

On 6/2/2024 at 11:34 AM, scerevisiae.1972 said:

yeah i totally agree with you, though multi-game-mode-viability ought always to be an aspirational goal.

trouble is,  WVW Eles have been stuck with the same 3 weapons since launch, 12 years ago: staff/sceptre/dagger.

and for at least 5 of those years, it was only 2: dagger & staff cause sceptre was also terrible.

hence the frustration.

warhorn,/sword,/hammer,/pistol could have been decent in WVW with just a little design effort & iteration.

Isn't hammer actually utilised by roaming catalysts tho? With other weapons the problem is that their skills are just not good in wvw by design, like warhorn's damaging fields are too slow and require your enemy to stand in them to deal reasonable damage, while offhand dagger offers more cleanses for healing tempests, so taking warhorn is not that good for them either.

More than that, in PvE the situation is kinda the same, power builds use a mh sword, healing tempests use dagger, condi builds use pistol and warhorn is used by literally everyone. Elementalists generally don't have access to many weapons.

17 hours ago, Jski.6180 said:

Well lets hope the spear is the "arrow" with out an Lbow for ele (the 1,200 range dmg wepon.)

If spear ends up being the superior ranged weapon over staff, I will simultaneously be happy to have it but also really sad because that is what the staff should be!