GeforceNow+Steam+Guildwars 2

Hello everyone.

Houston we have a problem 🙂

Since new expansion SOTO came out some of us have problem with client crash in SOTO maps and also in other maps resulting in client crash with error 0x8003001f.

I already contacted Arenanet support and they said they dont support any third party software (Steam I guess?) maybe GeforceNow?

As of now GeforceNow runs Arenanet client without problems. Also Steam GW2 client (without GFN) runs OK in new SOTO maps.

In Steam support page I couldnt find way to fill ticket about this problem, only refund option or contact GW2 support.

So whats your opinion on what should I do now?

AS far as I know theres no account transfers from Steam to Anet.

• Confused 1

Can you post a full crash log here? Maybe some smart forum users can identify the "third party software" that ArenaNet support talks about. Then you can try uninstalling it to see if that makes the game run stable on your system.

Edit: I see that GeforceNow is a hosted gaming service. This perhaps limits your options to change installed third party programs. If that is the case, you may have to contact GeforceNow support to see if they installed any third-party software that interferes with running Guild Wars 2 there.

Edited by TheQuickFox.3826

2 hours ago, TheQuickFox.3826 said:

I see that GeforceNow is a hosted gaming service. This perhaps limits your options to change installed third party programs. If that is the case, you may have to contact GeforceNow support to see if they installed any third-party software that interferes with running Guild Wars 2 there.

Thats the thing. Technically I cant do anything there. Posting here so maybe people have some ideas. GFN support has tickets running and post running on their website for some time now.

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/forums/support/530677/guild-wars-2-steam-version-crashes-in-shadow-of-th/

Tbh I would like to transfer from Steam to Anet. I fully understand that Im between 3 companies (GFN, Steam, Anet). And if they dont cooperate thats how it is now.

Edited by Gendalfs.7521
Added info

I'm sorry, but you cannot convert Steam GW2 accounts to ArenaNet GW2 accounts. The reason or this is a business reason. Steam takes a cut on any sales that is done via the Steam version of GW2 while with the ArenaNet version all reveue goes directly to ArenaNet. Therefore, you cannot convert. Allowing so would hurt business for either Steam or ArenaNet.

• Like 1

I tried those fixes. Even used different platforms (Android, another PC with clean installation).

Its somehow strange that I can run many game maps without problem. I have one toon in SOTO so when Im done with Vault dailies I log in to that toon to check if crash is fixed 🙂 

Well just read that GFN forum thread, people explaining where they crash.

I would like to hear someone who runs same setup and have no crashes. Is there a single one here that reads forums?

Edited by Gendalfs.7521
Added info
  • Confused 1

I am having these issues as well. I use Steam and GFN and am now locked out of content due to crashing at the end of cutscenes or when loading into cutscenes, always one or the other with the same error code: 0x8003001F

Edit, I submitted a ticket to GFN and am now in wait mode. Will update if it is fixed.

Edited by DumpyTheDwarf.5607
  • Haha 1